Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Naval content player owned ships.

So here are a couple of questions about ships and trading.

Is there a limit to how many ships you can own?

Is there a limit to how many you can summon at once so you can form fleets? ( I assume other people can control your ship since there is a helmsman's psn on ships)

Apart from caravans that transform when encountering a water mass on their route, can you transfer goods with player owned ships?

Can you charter your ship's available space for a fee?

Will there be a chartering marketplace for ship owners to choose freights for transfer?

Are there character lvl requirements to own a ship, ship type?

Will there be a ranking system for ship/fleet owners? IE by route distance, by total items delivered vs chartered, by number of transfers, by time etc..

Is the naval content such that you would have to dedicate yourself to it if you want to progress in it and maintain a reasonable advantage over other players in this domain making it a separate trade? IE What is the planned difficulty of acquiring a ship or fleet?

Thank you in advance for any answers concerning the above.

Comments

• Options
    MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am unsure about some of these questions. I would recommend checking out the naval content page on the wiki, and assume we don't know about anything not on there.
  • Options
    Got it. Thanks! ;)
  • Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    As @Marzzo noted, we don't have enough info yet to answer your questions. You can ask one of them for the next live stream and in the meantime take a look at the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ships
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval

I'm going ahead and closing this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.