Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

anyone else concerned about flying?

GankezGankez Member
edited January 2022 in Support & FAQ
im just kinda thinking.. whats the point in open world pvp if people are just gonna fly everywhere they wanna go? have they said anything about any kinda limits on flight? a duration/stam bar maybe? or w/e?
u2BkQvn.png

Comments

• arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    Flying is limited to a few people on each server.
    Only mayors and kings/queens will have acces to them.

There is however gliding that functions similar arche age‘s glider system.
  • Flying mounts will be extremely rare, and most (if not all - if I remember correctly) will only be temporary.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • nope
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • right on.. good to hear that :D<3
    u2BkQvn.png
  • We think there will be 10 flying mounts on each server. The 5 mounts for the leaders of the castles and the 5 mounts for the metropolis. There is a good website that can catch you up on your reading.

https://www.ashes101.com/
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Royal_mounts

Each server may have between 10 to 20 royal mounts based on the legendary world boss timers.[7][10]
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • I know it s limited per server but then why we have already seen like dozens of flying mounts types?
  • Ramirez wrote: »
    I know it s limited per server but then why we have already seen like dozens of flying mounts types?

You can use those mounts, they just wont fly unless you have the privilege's
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Gankez wrote: »
    right on.. good to hear that :D<3

This should have ended the discussion. The guy gets it. Unlike others that keep arguing
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Ramirez wrote: »
    I know it s limited per server but then why we have already seen like dozens of flying mounts types?

Because it is easy from an art direction (not execution obviously, I am not demeaning the art teams skill here) to design minibosses/enemies that look cool that are also easily converted to flying mounts for showing off in dev streams.

Steven uses flying mounts to show the art direction and world design easier, and move around the terrain. It just makes for better presentation. Why not do that on new art assets of things you will probably get to fight in game. He spends plenty of time on foot. It's just another perspective tool and lets him jump to different areas in a zone without boring arse navigation.

Also Steven is a bit vain and he wants to look kool with new shiny things that still technically help with game progress. It's his money, no problem with enjoying it if it doesn't detract from his long term goals and helps with his short term ones. Entertaining shiny things in dev streams is just good showmanship.

Edit: also as minor cooberating evidence for this last dev stream Steven vaguely touched on the autumn dragon's back story in a way that to me at least made it sound like it could be found in a dungeon they were planning.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ramirez wrote: »

Remember that we also have gliding mounts. You won't be able to actually fly with them, but you can glide down from a high point without taking damage, and even get some distance with it.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Gliding_mounts

Hhak63P.png
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Since the question has been answered, I'm going to move this thread to the FAQ section and close it, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.