Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Which Alpha 2 content are you looking forward to the most?

Races, Archetypes, Nodes, Seasonal visual changes, naval systems, the artisan systems, PvP content, PvE content, questing, guild tools.

What hypes you the most about the content we should see in Alpha 2?
Forum_Signature.png

Comments

• NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nodes.

Also all the rest. But functioning nodes.
  • Combat.
    If combat is weak, nothing else will matter... for me.
    It is the one thing most players will be doing every day.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited December 2021
    Easy: the node system and combat. These are the core building blocks of nearly every other system in Ashes.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Weapons and archetypes
  • Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited December 2021
    Caravans, player stalls, player shops, storage, and the auction house
  • Combat and augments
  • Combat, mainly having the different archetypes work together in a group scenario and how they each play off each other's strength's and weaknesses. Also the augmentation system and how secondary archetypes change the primary archetype.

After that, I am interested to see how caravans work, specifically mayoral caravans. I know anyone can start their own caravan at any time, but from what I understand mayoral caravans will be essential to the infrastructure of the node. Create partnerships with other nodes, collect taxes to spend on node buildings, players get paid to defend them. Very important stuff.
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2021
    The class/weapon/progression systems and combat.
  • I have a soft spot for the Naval system personally. I LOVE sailing in Sea of Thieves and my big hope is that they take inspiration from them towards the implementation of it. As SoT's entire game kind of revolves around this, I don't expect it to match it but they can definitely draw from it.

That said there is so much to look forward to that it's so hard to just hone in on one single thing :)
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The varied class system.

I am real curious as to how they plan to make each class unique in how it plays. I am of the opinion that they bit off way more than they can chew in that regard. Its why we still have not heard much in regards to the classes. I think they are still trying to develop them. It honestly would not surprise me if they cut one of the base classes or reformed them in some way. 64 different class types is more than any MMO has ever started with. There is a reason for that.
  • McMackMuck wrote: »
    Races, Archetypes, Nodes, Seasonal visual changes, naval systems, the artisan systems, PvP content, PvE content, questing, guild tools.

What hypes you the most about the content we should see in Alpha 2?

1. Archetypes (I hope Templar will be a DPS Spec for Cleric).
    2. Nodes (I hope they're really customizable by the community).
    3. PvP (I think PvP fits this game really well and will be very well done, can't wait to see more of it)
    4. Questing (I really hope AOC will make leveling great again and quests are a big part of this)
    5. Naval Content (Yarrrrr!)
    6. Carvans (Yarrr but drier!).
    7. Races (Where dem orc boys?)

• @Mahes I am sure that you already know it will be 8 primary archetypes "flavored" by one of the 8 archetypes to arrive at 64 classes. Just in case a new member stumbles in here:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes
    https://www.ashes101.com/classes
    https://asheshq.com/classes/
    Forum_Signature.png
  • MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2021
    It is still 64 different classes. Yes it starts with choosing a base class but you still eventually are picking from 1 of 8 variants of the base 8. Each one has to have a unique quality that stands out over choosing another one. It cannot be just "This person does light damage over this person doing fire damage". Both are range casters that then would use the same techniques. They have to be different in how they work or what is the difference? This also applies with melee. Only having a difference in weapon use and style use does not justify creating 2 different classes unless the styles are drastically different. As it stands, you have the following arch types.

Tank
    Healer
    Ranged DPS (Caster and melee but honestly they are both ranged)
    Melee DPS
    Area effect DPS
    Support ( In combat enhancement or creature anti combat buffs)
    Crowd Control
    Stealth (This one has not been discussed much)
    Pet Class
    Hybrids ( Combination of all the above)

64 classes to revolve around those basic principles. I am curious to see how they manage to set apart each of the classes to make every class have a function, without making certain classes the go to class for those functions.

We shall see.
  • ConradConrad Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2021
    Tulnar. I'm most excited for the race I will play and PRAYING I can replicate a dragonborn :D
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Nobody said crop rotations?!
    community_management.gif
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Nobody said crop rotations?!

I don't think the person who is hype for farming is actually convinced it'll be a productive use of time, just yet, but I'll let her know that you're surprised.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Mahes wrote: »
    Each one has to have a unique quality that stands out over choosing another one.
    No they don't.

If you go in to the game expecting 64 actual classes instead of 8, you will be disappointed.

Basically, Ashes has 8 classes, they just also gave each of the 8 specs within each of those 8 classes a name.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    If you go in to the game expecting 64 actual classes instead of 8, you will be disappointed.

If something doesn't change soon tons of people will go in only to be disappointed by this simply because ''Class'' is the term Intrepid chose.

It's not something the players chose.

This whole confusion (assuming there is a confusion) is Intrepid's fault.
    Noaani wrote: »
    Basically, Ashes has 8 classes, they just also gave each of the 8 specs within each of those 8 classes a name.

To be fair, each spec is supposed to have a unique quality that stands out over choosing another one too.

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Ironhope wrote: »

This whole confusion (assuming there is a confusion) is Intrepid's fault.
    I'm not saying that it is anyone else's fault.

I am just trying to do my own small part in rectifying Intrepids mistake.
  • ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Really am just looking forward to all of it, so many aspects of the game. And really am looking forward to just being a part of molding the best system we can thru great feedback!
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Noaani wrote: »
    I'm not saying that it is anyone else's fault.

I am just trying to do my own small part in rectifying Intrepids mistake.

Yeah I know, wasn't saying you're at fault for anything.

My point is that Intrepid should clarify asap how things work when it comes to the matter and re-name the ''classes'' to specs if that's what they are in fact.

• GhuryGhury Member
    edited January 2022
    What about lifeskill content? Can we do all of them and making silvers from them, similar to bdo lifeskill content? i can't really grind from hrs, it's just so boring
  • I just want to see my Bard skills :(
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Noaani wrote: »

If something doesn't change soon tons of people will go in only to be disappointed by this simply because ''Class'' is the term Intrepid chose.

I mean, in ArcheAge you had to choose 3 skillsets in order to create a Class (and there were 220+ class combinations), yet no one seemed to get confused by that just because it was called a Class.

If people don't do research then it's their own fault for being disappointed. There were people that bought the $500 A1 pack without realising Ashes was planning to have always on PvP and then cried about it.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Intrepid are entitled to rename everything outside the existing expectation and conventions if they want. Kaeler can be Green, Ren'Kai can be pink, specs can be archetypes, combining two archetypes can be a class, the list of what could be redefined is endless.
    The only potential consequence in deviating from standard conventions is placing barriers between the players and their understanding of and committing to the game. Like in retail, barriers at the front of the store need to be overcome to get paying customers in.

I don't think anything in Ashes is so far removed from convention to be too difficult to grasp.

That said, I have a minor dislike for the word Archetype because it has too many syllables. I completely accept that it's semantics, but I would prefer 'primary class' and 'secondary class' to arrive at one of 64 types.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Talents wrote: »
    I mean, in ArcheAge you had to choose 3 skillsets in order to create a Class (and there were 220+ class combinations), yet no one seemed to get confused by that just because it was called a Class.

Can't comment on utterly subjective aspects of a game that's far from even being into top 10 (so we can't really say what it did was good).
    Talents wrote: »
    If people don't do research then it's their own fault for being disappointed.

No it's the dev's fault for doing false advertising.

If I label 1 gram of Ocimum basilicum as cancer medicine and sell it for 500$ I'm 100% going to go to jail for fraud, ''the buyer should have done his research'' isn't a defense, it's a joke.

• McMackMuck wrote: »
    That said, I have a minor dislike for the word Archetype because it has too many syllables. I completely accept that it's semantics, but I would prefer 'primary class' and 'secondary class' to arrive at one of 64 types.

You could go even more hardcore, and just have "Ug", "Og", and "Ag".

You get your "Ug" at character creation.
    You get your "Og" at level 25.
    The combination of your "Ug" and "Og" is your "Ag"!

You're welcome :)o:)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited January 2022
    No it's the dev's fault for doing false advertising.

If I label 1 gram of Ocimum basilicum as cancer medicine and sell it for 500$ I'm 100% going to go to jail for fraud, ''the buyer should have done his research'' isn't a defense, it's a joke.

What false advertising? Ashes has always been labeled a PvX game since KS, and yes, people still bought into A1 without understanding the basics first. That’s just pure consumer ignorance.

Your analogy is just wrong.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • No Body Sliders = No game
    EDym4eg.png
  • 1. All of it.
    2. Griefing all of you with my rogue and obtaining the highest corruption score. Don't worry, I will provide a lot of data for the developers.

he-griefed-my.jpg