Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion - Dual screen

Since every gamer i know have 2 monitors, it would be nice to have a feature that let us use the the second one to put stuff like maps and pannels without having to pop them on and off on our main screen. That way you could play on one side and have many informations and tools always up on the 2nd one. I think it would make a very nice quality of life feature.

Comments

• Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can essentially do that using a web browser on a second monitor.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    It's unfortunate, but Intrepid so far doesn't plan to have any public API. This means that there will be no way to create a program to show live information of the game. Your best bet will be a web page and/or a discord server on your second monitor.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    No public API, no opening this to the outside world. (Definitely no addons.)

Buuuut... There are plans (most likely post-launch) to have a mobile companion app for the game, and that might possibly extend to a web site as well. So this sort of thing might be possible in a web browser.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Companion_app

I will say, however, that the brief mention of a web app in the wiki article seems purely speculative. In all of the references given, the developers have only ever spoken about having this functionality for a mobile device. I didn't hear anything that hinted at a web site with this functionality. I believe that someone extrapolated that if they are willing to offer this via mobile apps then it is only natural to do it on a web site.

They've made it clear, though, that the idea is to give you a way to get notifications and interact with certain portions of the games (crop management, mayoral duties, tavern games) while not playing the game. There was no hint about giving you additional functionality while simultaneously playing the game. I presume that everything the app will do, you could just do while in the game as well, so running both side-by-side isn't of much use.

That being said, it's not totally outlandish for there to be something like this in the future, if people ask for it. As long as it's part of Intrepid's closed system.

350.png

Hhak63P.png