Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Interview with Steven

BoanergeseBoanergese Member
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
A new interview with Steven and MMORPG.com website was just posted on Youtube. I thought it was very insightful. It answers several of the topics we have been talking about on this forum in case you haven't seen it yet. I am glad he finally discussed the Alpha 2 release. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDhg3TNpNP4

Comments

• good god i hope this music in the beginning isn't there the whole video. Its so distracting.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    good god i hope this music in the beginning isn't there the whole video. Its so distracting.

You could turn off the sound and turn on the closed captioning if the music is bothering you that much. Just read the conversation.
  • I think there was music at the very beginning of the video. Didn't particularly notice any, throughout the rest of it.

Asides from a little more detail about the to-be animal husbandry system, there wasn't exactly a lot of new information. Some *GREAT* insight into the development processes and Intrepid's team-building efforts, though.

This was Steven Shariff in excellent form! A lot of the ethics and things he discussed he's made known before - but it's very refreshing to see him so enthusiastically and expertly talk about the game and his intentions, for it. I always laugh whenever I see some hype-titled anti-AoC video on YouTube asking wether or not the game's a fraud - just because there's *SO* much information and details about it available, if these little tween-aged conclusion-jumpers would only spend 10 minutes researching the game, before making anti-AoC videos, about it.

This video also included all the big selling-points of the game; If this was the 1st-ever video that someone ever watched on AoC, they'd learn what it will look like, the vast visual diversity it will offer, some info on the side-systems and mini-games, and all about the central mechanics of the Nodes-system.

• JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It was an updated, fresh rehash of a lot of Steven's usual talking points. Great for new comers. However, those who frequently listen to Steven's interviews and q+a's will find most of what he was saying repetitious and familiar. It heavily veers into Steven's usual corporate speak avoiding concrete details. There were some philosophical insights game design wise, though, if you are into that sort of thing.
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    JustVine wrote: »
    It was an updated, fresh rehash of a lot of Steven's usual talking points. Great for new comers. However, those who frequently listen to Steven's interviews and q+a's will find most of what he was saying repetitious and familiar. It heavily veers into Steven's usual corporate speak avoiding concrete details. There were some philosophical insights game design wise, though, if you are into that sort of thing.

Yep, even he knows it was a marketing thing for the new.
    Steven Sharif
    @StevenJSharif
    I recently enjoyed a conversation with @MMORPGcom about @AshesofCreation, MMOs and the future. Feel free to check it out. Much of it you may already know. I’m looking forward to 2022 and all it holds for Intrepid. 💪❤️🙏
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • As one of the new people, I found the interview allowed me enough time to gain an impression of Steven as an enthusiastic developer with an even disposition. While that is superfluous to the subject at hand, he comports well as a spokesman for the company and lends a surety to the project.
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    @unknownsystemerror Could you share the link to the conversation?
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The link is in the original post, I think.
  • SolarisSolaris Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This was an excellent interview. Sharif has stuck to his vision and amassed outstanding talent. Sharif gets it. Love this dev team!
    "Are you on the square? Are you on the level?"