Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can We Please Have Our Cosmetic Building Questions Answered?

horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
Leyline Orrery - What Freehold building does this fit onto? Is it for a Scholar building? It looks large. Will this take up most of a Freehold? When will the staff decide on which buildings go on which item? We've been waiting for years for an answer. Can you at least tell us if this will Not be able to be used as a house cosmetic? I think many might be buying cosmetics that they will not be able to use when the actual purpose is finally revealed. Love the designs, love the talented staff, but: If we are a Glorious Ashes Community, then don't we deserve some clarity? @MargaretKrohn @Vaknar
«13

Comments

  • My money is on it being an Elven outhouse. They've got to look like something, right?



  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really am ambivalent to this, since I don't buy the freehold skins really, but I would like the people who are curious about this to have an answer, so take my bump.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I asked myself the same question last night while looking at the December freehold cosmetic. I was thinking about buying it. But I have no idea what building that skin is even for. So I didn't buy it. I may not have bought it anyway, but not knowing what it's for definitely sealed the deal. I already have 2 freehold skins that I don't know what they're for. Well ones a house so I know what that's for probably, but the other is literally a volcano. I have no idea what that's for lol. But it'll probably be right next to some cows or something on my freehold.

    I'd also like to know if the freehold skins change the appearance and layout of the interior of a house, or will all house interiors be in a standard layout. I doubt it, that'd be a lot of work. But I'd like to know. Maybe its in the wiki.
  • Maybe we should organise a complete boycott of next month's cosmetics, and the month after, and the month after, until we get an answer.

    Keep fighting the fight, J!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I doubt Intrepid have fleshed out freeholds enough to give you an answer on this as yet.

    My expectation is that building cosmetics will work the same as armor cosmetics. They will work on any/all buildings.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    I doubt Intrepid have fleshed out freeholds enough to give you an answer on this as yet.

    My expectation is that building cosmetics will work the same as armor cosmetics. They will work on any/all buildings.

    You: what's that building over there?
    Me: that's where I keep my sheep
    ...
    The building:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mausoleum_Morti
  • It's the astronomy tower for staring at the stars.

    61RXTOrLSCS._AC_SS450_.jpg
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Yeah I'll be growing my crops here.

    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/The_Blazing_Gate

    lol, I'm understanding if Intrepid doesn't have this all ironed out yet and is not ready to answer. But they're potentially losing sales over it. I view it as a good thing if they don't care too much about the lost sales aspect at this point.

    But they could end up dealing with some upset customers who find out freehold skins weren't what they thought they were or can't be used on what they thought they could etc. I imagine it's all in the fine print and Intrepid has no liability. But still, if you're going to keep selling these things at some point you have to detail what you're selling.
  • Okeydoke wrote: »
    Yeah I'll be growing my crops here.

    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/The_Blazing_Gate

    lol, I'm understanding if Intrepid doesn't have this all ironed out yet and is not ready to answer. But they're potentially losing sales over it. I view it as a good thing if they don't care too much about the lost sales aspect at this point.

    But they could end up dealing with some upset customers who find out freehold skins weren't what they thought they were or can't be used on what they thought they could etc. I imagine it's all in the fine print and Intrepid has no liability. But still, if you're going to keep selling these things at some point you have to detail what you're selling.

    😂😂😂
    You're growing popcorn instead of corn
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    “Welcome to my roasted vegetable farm!”
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aside from my fear that they are still winging it a little, and are releasing cosmetics for a freehold system that might change considerably after testing, I always hesitate with the building skins because I would like to have the rest of the buildings/structures on the freehold match that skin even a little. Are they making a theme pack alongside the skin we can apply, so the skin we bought doesn't just stand out like a sore thumb?

    Individually the skins look cool. Placed together it's a bit of a mess. If we even can place it together? Will any of the ingame stuff match those skins so it doesn't look ugly and out of place?
    Homehearth_Cabin.png
    Stillstone_Reliquary.png
    1106px-Altar_of_the_Venerated.png
  • horendis wrote: »
    Leyline Orrery - What Freehold building does this fit onto? Is it for a Scholar building? It looks large. Will this take up most of a Freehold? When will the staff decide on which buildings go on which item? We've been waiting for years for an answer. Can you at least tell us if this will Not be able to be used as a house cosmetic? I think many might be buying cosmetics that they will not be able to use when the actual purpose is finally revealed. Love the designs, love the talented staff, but: If we are a Glorious Ashes Community, then don't we deserve some clarity? @MargaretKrohn @Vaknar

    Yep, this, we deserve answers or if you want to not lock yourself down with an answer now then you could wait till launch to answer this but after the day you release all the exact details on how each skin works then give all of us the ability to get complete refunds on any or all of the previously purchased skins because I know I bought multiple skins assuming they could be used on every building in every biome/area, and I have the right to assume that because the info you've given to date has not proven that assumption a false one, but if you suddenly list out a bunch of restrictions on the skins then that lessens the values of the skins and if I had known these from the start then multiple of my purchases would have never been done and so I would want the ability to be refunded on those particular ones.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nerror wrote: »
    Aside from my fear that they are still winging it a little, and are releasing cosmetics for a freehold system that might change considerably after testing, I always hesitate with the building skins because I would like to have the rest of the buildings/structures on the freehold match that skin even a little. Are they making a theme pack alongside the skin we can apply, so the skin we bought doesn't just stand out like a sore thumb?

    Individually the skins look cool. Placed together it's a bit of a mess. If we even can place it together?

    I’m the same way. I have an idea of the aesthetic I want and only buy freehold skins that I think go together. I only have a couple.
     
    Hhak63P.png
  • Should be time before the next livestream for them to get us an answer on this.

    Community Team: Can you please pass this up the chain for us!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • horendis wrote: »
    Leyline Orrery - What Freehold building does this fit onto? Is it for a Scholar building? It looks large. Will this take up most of a Freehold? When will the staff decide on which buildings go on which item? We've been waiting for years for an answer. Can you at least tell us if this will Not be able to be used as a house cosmetic? I think many might be buying cosmetics that they will not be able to use when the actual purpose is finally revealed. Love the designs, love the talented staff, but: If we are a Glorious Ashes Community, then don't we deserve some clarity? @MargaretKrohn @Vaknar

    Hi there!

    To clarify in regards to this specific thread, yes, the Leyline Orrery can be placed on your house as a housing cosmetic.

    For the others asking about clarity on a larger-scale,

    I know there have been quite a few questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items.

    I had a meeting with the Design Team the other day (as they are working on further details for the Freehold System) to help clarify some of the answers to the questions y'all have been asking, and they will be sending me information. Once I receive this, I will be working on a content update to reflect that information, and going forward, we will provide those details on each individual cosmetic item. Updating all the past items to provide more clarity on what in-game item types you can place the cosmetics on will take time once this process begins, so please bare with us as we start from present to past items, updating their information.

    We appreciate your support, and patience. As systems get more finalized like the Freehold System, these very specific answers to questions will be easier to define moving forward.
    marketing.gif
  • So, where we've bought cosmetics planning to use them on a specific building, it may turn out that we're not able to do this? Would have been good to know this before selling it to us!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Apparently Intrepid was under the impression that their customer base had the intelligence required to make informed (or in this case, uninformed) decisions when spending their own money, like: "I don't yet know what this cosmetic is for so I should probably wait. Or accept that it may not be what I'm assuming it is."

    I mean I would like some clarification as much as the next person, but it seems reasonable that most of (if not all) the large freehold cosmetics from the packs would be for the main domicile building unless it explicitly appeared to be tied to a functional system. Like a forge, for example. I could be wrong, though.

    Anyway, thanks for your team's attentiveness, @MargaretKrohn. I look forward to the results.
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »
    So, where we've bought cosmetics planning to use them on a specific building, it may turn out that we're not able to do this? Would have been good to know this before selling it to us!

    Oh-
    Oh no!
    *points*
    An endangered person in a different thread!
    giphy.gif

    If only someone like Danger Mouse could go to their rescue!
    Don't worry about us here, we'll ...uh, practice our outrage on your behalf.
    while you're gone.
    yes.
    :#:#
    ;)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Apparently Intrepid was under the impression that their customer base had the intelligence required to make informed (or in this case, uninformed) decisions when spending their own money, like: "I don't yet know what this cosmetic is for so I should probably wait. Or accept that it may not be what I'm assuming it is."

    I mean I would like some clarification as much as the next person, but it seems reasonable that most of (if not all) the large freehold cosmetics from the packs would be for the main domicile building unless it explicitly appeared to be tied to a functional system. Like a forge, for example. I could be wrong, though.

    Anyway, thanks for your team's attentiveness, @MargaretKrohn. I look forward to the results.

    /Agree

    The description says it's for Freeholds; I was surprised they could be for something else, at all.



  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 20
    Apparently Intrepid was under the impression that their customer base had the intelligence required to make informed (or in this case, uninformed) decisions when spending their own money, like: "I don't yet know what this cosmetic is for so I should probably wait. Or accept that it may not be what I'm assuming it is."

    I mean I would like some clarification as much as the next person, but it seems reasonable that most of (if not all) the large freehold cosmetics from the packs would be for the main domicile building unless it explicitly appeared to be tied to a functional system. Like a forge, for example. I could be wrong, though.

    Anyway, thanks for your team's attentiveness, @MargaretKrohn. I look forward to the results.

    /Agree

    The description says it's for Freeholds; I was surprised they could be for something else, at all.



    The freehold part is obvious, but there are many different buildings on a freehold. Take a look at the three pictures I linked earlier. Are they all for the house? Where do I place my sofa in the last one without it getting wet when it rains?

    We also have taverns for example, which presumably are different from houses. Different interior for sure, and probably different skins too. We have ponds, smelters, and probably milling, spinning, and tanning stations. Some of the cosmetics could be used for those instead of the house. What I think @daveywavey is mad about is that uncertainty. If he bought what could be a house skin and it's for a tavern instead, or vice versa.
  • That's the idea, yeah. Not mad about it, but would be a little peeved to find out that the skin I bought for my freehold tavern can only go on a house, or a stable, or a shrine, etc. There wasn't a building restriction specified on the sales page.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • What if the skins are overall motif for the whole freehold not just one building. And the concept arts are just showing the flavor for the plot not exact replic?

    How would people feel about that?
    I would like that every thing would look similar.
    But I could see being upset if you've been collecting multiple to build a certain style for all your buildings...
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What if the skins are overall motif for the whole freehold not just one building. And the concept arts are just showing the flavor for the plot not exact replic?

    How would people feel about that?

    That would be amazing to me.
  • Nerror wrote: »
    The freehold part is obvious, but there are many different buildings on a freehold. Take a look at the three pictures I linked earlier. Are they all for the house? Where do I place my sofa in the last one without it getting wet when it rains?

    We also have taverns for example, which presumably are different from houses. Different interior for sure, and probably different skins too. We have ponds, smelters, and probably milling, spinning, and tanning stations. Some of the cosmetics could be used for those instead of the house. What I think @daveywavey is mad about is that uncertainty. If he bought what could be a house skin and it's for a tavern instead, or vice versa.

    Now that you've mentioned it, I do recall a couple of building-specific ones. There's the cupcake one for the bakery shop, and another I want to say was for a temple-building.

    It was pretty neat seeing specialty buildings in live-production SWG. They really stood out in players cities, amongst rows of exceptionally-common houses and other buildings.



  • But I could see being upset if you've been collecting multiple to build a certain style for all your buildings...

    Yeah, there's a guy in my guild who has bought four separate building cosmetics so that his freehold can show all four seasons. If they're all for the same building, he'll have wasted his money.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 21
    Once it's all revealed, it would be a cool move by Intrepid to allow refunds for any building cosmetics bought after the first pack, because they are for different buildings than players thought they were for. At the very least give credit for other cosmetics down the line, if they want to avoid the hassle of refunding.
  • CawwCaww Member
    I'm a little off track here, but I hope the boats don't have odd restrictions. The house and boat cosmetics are kinda of a gamble, especially given the cost, but at least the costumes are straight forward; wear it - look it.
  • It'd be like selling the costume skins, and then going back through them all saying: That one can now only be worn by an Orc, This one can now only be worn by a Cleric, etc.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Faeye LinnFaeye Linn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know there have been quite a fewlot of questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items.

    I had a meeting with the Design Team the other day, instead of last February as I promised, (as they are working on further details for the Freehold System) to help clarify some of the answers to the questions y'allthe community members have been asking, and they will be sending me information. Once I receive this, I will be working on a content update to reflect that information, and going forward, we will provide those details on each individual cosmetic item. Updating all the past items to provide more clarity on what in-game item types you can place the cosmetics on will take time once this process begins, so please bare with us as we start from present to past items, updating their information.

    We appreciate your support, and patience. As systems get more finalized like the Freehold System, these very specific answers to questions will be easier to define moving forward.

    This is horseshit. You need to just answer the questions before someone says the phrase "Bait and Switch". Oopsie

    https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-16/chapter-I/subchapter-B/part-238

    § 238.2 Initial offer.
    (a) No statement or illustration should be used in any advertisement which creates a false impression of the grade, quality, make, value, currency of model, size, color, usability, or origin of the product offered, or which may otherwise misrepresent the product in such a manner that later, on disclosure of the true facts, the purchaser may be switched from the advertised product to another.
    (b) Even though the true facts are subsequently made known to the buyer, the law is violated if the first contact or interview is secured by deception

    I have screenshotted this, in case you decide that removing it will help you legally.
  • TrUSivrajTrUSivraj Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Faeye Linn wrote: »
    I know there have been quite a fewlot of questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items.

    I had a meeting with the Design Team the other day, instead of last February as I promised, (as they are working on further details for the Freehold System) to help clarify some of the answers to the questions y'allthe community members have been asking, and they will be sending me information. Once I receive this, I will be working on a content update to reflect that information, and going forward, we will provide those details on each individual cosmetic item. Updating all the past items to provide more clarity on what in-game item types you can place the cosmetics on will take time once this process begins, so please bare with us as we start from present to past items, updating their information.

    We appreciate your support, and patience. As systems get more finalized like the Freehold System, these very specific answers to questions will be easier to define moving forward.

    This is horseshit. You need to just answer the questions before someone says the phrase "Bait and Switch". Oopsie

    https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-16/chapter-I/subchapter-B/part-238

    § 238.2 Initial offer.
    (a) No statement or illustration should be used in any advertisement which creates a false impression of the grade, quality, make, value, currency of model, size, color, usability, or origin of the product offered, or which may otherwise misrepresent the product in such a manner that later, on disclosure of the true facts, the purchaser may be switched from the advertised product to another.
    (b) Even though the true facts are subsequently made known to the buyer, the law is violated if the first contact or interview is secured by deception

    I have screenshotted this, in case you decide that removing it will help you legally.

    It's states that it's a freehold building. A freehold is not your main house, it's a decorated plot of land. I get the obvious lack of descriptive info on the types of buildings, but you very well purchased a freehold building.

    Maybe don't buy a multitude of optional cosmetics that have a plethora of possible applications to them when the game isn't even finished, while also willingly purchasing said building knowing you lack the information to pinpoint exactly what that building is for?

    There is a portion of building information in their wiki that very well shows you that you can skin more than just your house in a freehold. Again I understand you feel bait and switched... but they called it for what it is, a freehold building.

    There are even some buildings that very well mention what they're for (cupcake bakery for cooking profession)

    And in agreement with nerror, maybe a worst case scenario allows us to refund any unwanted items whose purpose was not intended for what we initially thought, but to avoid any misunderstanding for the third time, I do understand your frustration.
    Future Falconer, Top 1% PvPer and owner of Big and Beautiful Homesteads
    lnx3t1v8o8r9.png
Sign In or Register to comment.