Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited February 2022 in Announcements
QA-1920.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, January 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream.

In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct/succinct the better! (think one to two sentences!) Submissions end Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 11AM Pacific so we can select your questions before the stream.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Update:

๐Ÿ‘€ Check out our January Development Update to catch a peek at the new race reveals and updates! https://youtu.be/kMpvFgzuU64

๐Ÿค” What race are you most interested in playing as?
community_management.gif
ยซ1345

Comments

• A question about Action combat:

Do you foresee Action-targeting Bows and Arrows being viable in 1v1 PvP combat, or do you believe any Action-combat abilities will be limited to AoE's and Cone attacks?

• KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2022
    Certain player abilities may be enhanced in certain climates, will this be true on the ocean, implying fire spells may be less potent than an ice spell on the open water?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Happymeal2415Happymeal2415 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Nodes 3? But actual question do you have any more node concepts ready to be shared. Especially for the node types that have less coverage.
  • Will there be a dark lake or rivers, or any expanse of naval content included within the Underrealms?
  • Does intrepid have open only positions in the US or can you also apply for the EU - Netherlands office? Because the website shows only positions for US.
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    can you consider
    installing a camera in your office to open a permanent streaming channel so we can watch you work 24 hours a day
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • Will the combat be fluid and smooth like world of warcraft?
  • without giving us a date.
    Can you make a broad estimate of the release of the alpha 2, can we expect to have it within the year?
    Novus ordo seclorum
  • PeteNastyPeteNasty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Could you elaborate on the potential of stealth when it comes to both utility and combat?
  • Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Been seeing a lot of games getting into PtE (Play to Earn) lately, chiefly they are card games or small platformers is this something ashes may consider doing? I believe you would be the first PtE mmorpg.. if so i would recommend you name your newly created coins embers or sandals.
  • Next archetype is ranger, so what type of a dps it will be? we saw various amount of rangers, from burst range single target glass cannons, to less dmg tankier version of mage, to moblie pokers with stealth mechanic.. what type of ranger are we going to se in Ashes? i hope for a single target big dps :smile:
  • EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How will Homestead skins affect the space available for furniture?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • meowsticalmeowstical Member
    edited January 2022
    From what/where do you take inspiration for the Bio-luminescence in the Underrealm? Any plans for making parts with the inorganic version or what looks like an inorganic version (i.e. it looks like the rock is glowing but it's really bacteria on the rock)?
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    edited January 2022
    Will we be taught how the game mechanics work throughout the game (other than the tutorial)? e.g how to enhance gear, introduction to the augment system and artisan classes etc.
    signature.png
  • with ue5
    do you think you can implement wall climbing as shown on the video of the rogue doing parkour
  • Griefing discussion thread...

has this strengthened or possibly added elements to the Corruption/BH system?
  • nayrocknayrock Member
    edited January 2022
    Will horses have the ability to charge/trample players? Possibly usable lances only while mounted (giving to the thematic idea of a cavalry charge out in the field)
  • Can elves have beards?
  • How much control will the summoners have over their summons?
    As secondary optional questions: How long is the "leash" between the two? Could we make our summons stay in one place and use some skills, while we as summoners are very far away from them?
  • What is the estimated amount of accounts that hold an Alpha 2 key?
  • Since it's said that the priest archetype could spec into either healing or dps, Will the dps keep the holy theme or go into more unholy/death territory?
  • GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When it comes to the transition to Unreal Engine 5 what is your favorite Armor set you are excited to see within the new engine? Both Steven and Margaret. I personally cant wait to see the Mantle of the Radiant Grove my all time favorite!
  • DisobedientDisobedient Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    will alchemy recipes be hidden? So hypothetically I test out a few different ingredients and make a good potion out of some combination.. can i keep it like a personal secret, until other people find it out? Or will all the recipes just be open for the world to see?
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    Does item deconstruction/disassembly guarantee obtaining the recipe to reconstruct that item (say a rare boss drop) or is it RNG based?
  • About Corruption To what extent will the corrupted areas effect the node if the players decide not to deal with it? Does it have a limit or can it go as far as to take over/destroy node cities?
  • Are there plans to release a stand-alone benchmark during alpha or beta to allow the community to test their current computers to see what settings they can play at to get the smoothest experience possible?

I realize that optimizations will probably be taking place up to launch but a tool like that could help the community to get at least an idea of what to expect in terms of visuals to performance.
  • GirraGirra Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have a question about scribing. The wiki says a few things about the profession but I dont exactly know what the scribe can do.
  • What discussions are being held to deal with bots, and gold sellers?
    Artist
    www.codyturcotte.com
  • MidigaMidiga Member
    edited January 2022
    Question about open-instanced dungeons: What can we expect from them ? When are we going to get more information about them ? Will there be something like dungeon pushing/reward system.
  • Will there be any support for converting/exporting game files to 3D print?

For instance, when we get a shiny new sword or helmet, maybe we could pay to export the model as a printable file. Revenue for you, swag for us, and โ€œfree advertisingโ€.
    2r2ad09r3yug.jpg