Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, January 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Okay so i am trying this the 3rd month in a row because the question i posted apperantly was identified as multiple questions when in fact! it wasnt but whatever...

If you are in a dungeon and run into a group of mixed mobs (melee and range) and the mob in your target dies will the game chose the next mob that comes in your target by "closest to you" or by "has least amount of hp" or maybe "deals most damage to you" or totally random?
  • TokenGamerTokenGamer Member
    edited January 2022
    How far do you guys plan on taking the mantling/wall climbing in the game? Are we going back to Assassin’s Creed? Is this feature going to implement a stamina bar like BOTW?
  • With the Intrepid/Studio team constantly morphing (adding/removing team members)- how does Intrepid ensure a consistent experience (aesthetic, gameplay, etc) from the start of the project, all the way to launch and upkeep phases?

**Bonus Part B: Is this a constantly iterative process? Or has the vision been pretty cemented, and Team members follow a pretty structured guideline?
  • l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When will we know more about Freehold buildings and what skins apply to which buildings?
  • what is the development teams take on sword art online and how do you/they see similarities in ashes of creation and sword art online IE. the crafting system, the learning curve, and the repercussions positive/negative for your actions
  • Lavitz SlambertLavitz Slambert Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Question about racial lore:

With all of the lore being built, will we be given naming conventions based on the individual races and cultures?
  • CastaiCastai Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2022
    What contemporary non-MMO games are the development team currently taking inspiration from when making Ashes of Creation?
    youtube.com/watch?v=I_LhGxdKBNQ&t=5210s youtube.com/watch?v=nOd9PV6jcqU&t=4668s
    youtube.com/watch?v=gFYd9TJiRDQ&t=4209s youtube.com/watch?v=TpBSGYWxd38&t=4969s
    youtube.com/watch?v=RetA3thzdiM&t=5100s
  • Can you share some of the work you guys have done on the audio side of development to bring game's sound elements up to your high standards?
  • There has been mention lately on the forum about restricting cosmetic skins to certain items. For those of us who have bought "Freehold Building Cosmetic Skins", intending to use the Cosmetic Skin on a particular one of our Freehold Buildings, what sort of refund options will be available in the event that you lock down which buildings the cosmetics can be used on?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Lyon wrote: »
    Okay so i am trying this the 3rd month in a row because the question i posted apperantly was identified as multiple questions when in fact! it wasnt but whatever...

If you are in a dungeon and run into a group of mixed mobs (melee and range) and the mob in your target dies will the game chose the next mob that comes in your target by "closest to you" or by "has least amount of hp" or maybe "deals most damage to you" or totally random?

This link might help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat#Combat_targeting

Rather than having the game itself decide who you're attacking, you can select your target yourself.
  • CodyTea wrote: »
    What discussions are being held to deal with bots, and gold sellers?

This link might help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Security_systems
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited January 2022
    Scroon wrote: »
    @Steven Sharif
    what is the point of having written a lore, of making gods and a whole history alive for another world.
    if you have to impose real life parties on us, don't you feel like you're destroying the atmosphere of the game by doing that?

I imagine that's why they had a Dev Discussion on it, found here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/51514/dev-discussion-38-holidays/p1

They still watch and read the answers, so make sure to post your thoughts/concerns there too.
  • Cerenya wrote: »
    For those of us just now purchasing the Voyager Plus Pre-Order Packs, when and how will we gain access to Alpha Two?

Alpha 2 hasn't started yet. We'll get sent details closer to the time.
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It was mentioned in passing, by Jeff, awhile back that enemies might detect by sound, scent, etc. Is this sort of thing still on the table and should we be looking forward to seeing it implemented in Alpha-2?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • During character creation, will there be postures as an option to distinguish from other players and also to show personality of each character? Example of postures could be, slouching, straight back while head up high, and etc.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited January 2022
    Any updates on player cartography? If so, will extensive exploration or familiarity with an environment impact the quality and/or level of detail rendered in the relief?

Thank you.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • If you are corrupted will guards attack you if you are citizen of that node?
  • RazThemunRazThemun Member
    edited January 2022
    Shadow Disciple, Cultist. Are very appealing to me. Can we get a possible breakdown of how these 2 will differ? Both are Rogue and Cleric but I would like to hear more! Will Rogue also be a part of Alpha 2 testing?
  • My question is about leveling up your character. Will there be main or regional story questline like wow? Or is there "main" way of lleveling up ur character or is it all scettered to do all kind of things like new world.
    If its regional can I do them all and will rewards scale up?
    Make better mistakes.
  • ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Might we see directional nameplates that hide the npc or player names when not in your direct field of view or in combat with for deep and rich immersion?
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    RazThemun wrote: »
    Shadow Disciple, Cultist. Are very appealing to me. Can we get a possible breakdown of how these 2 will differ? Both are Rogue and Cleric but I would like to hear more! Will Rogue also be a part of Alpha 2 testing?

So one is a Rogue with a Rogue skill kit and a Cleric Augments
    One is a Cleric with a Cleric Skill kit and Rogue Augments
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • GregoriausGregoriaus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I know it's still early in devlopment, and we have yet to see all the magnificent things Intrepid is planning.

But do you have further plans to add more emotes, and possibly interactable furniture, to use when, for instance: Sitting on a chair at a table in the many Taverns players will be hosting. :)
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream.

Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Friday for our livestream!
    twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • HappyGoLuckyHappyGoLucky Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The world bosses during alpha required a lot of jumping, and dodging, and running away and I was wondering if built-in controller support was in mind? Each class only had a few abilities, so I feel like the game would play better with controller. Also, is the steam deck in mind? An ultra low quality setting for handhelds would be sweet.
  • BergundBergund Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Question about accessories / mechanics :

Will there be a mechanic similar to "far sight" or a binoculars type effect? I'd imagine that kind of tool would be helpful for naval content and espionage!

The coin is a rite of passage.
  • aphorizemaphorizem Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?
  • HeliuxHeliux Member
    edited January 2022
    Hello AoC team,

My question is... When we'll see more information and advances about archetypes and augments?
    I suppose that you gonna complete and show us all races to continue with the archetypes classes, But...we wanna see more advances!!!

At the end, this will define the gameplay.
  • MonteCristoMonteCristo Member
    edited January 2022
    We all know about the dynamic climate system that will be in place, but this leads me to ask whether there will be natural disasters/events? I.E. Will there be eclipses and or hurricanes that devastate nodes in AOC?
  • MIBMIB Member
    From what I understand if your Freehold is destroyed after a siege you lose goods but does the building tier level go back to 1. For example if I had a Tier 3 home or a Tier 3 stable on my Freehold would it go all the way back to the beginning as a Tier 1 building? I can deal with loss of goods but rebuilding a Freehold again from scratch would not be fun.
  • OutRage87OutRage87 Member
    edited January 2022
    Seasons determine availability of certain elements, like crops and animals, meaning true market price fluctuations from the scarcity of these elements. Taking this into consideration, do you envisage seasons being global or local? If so, this could mean one side of the world is experiencing winter, whilst the opposing end is experiencing a warmer climate. Giving more reason for larger trade routes and dynamic contracts.