Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Through the Lens

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited February 2022 in Announcements
monthly_cosmetics_january1920---Voyager-Plus---Background.png

It’s unwise, in a land that seems determined to keep its secrets, to rely solely upon the naked eye to seek your truths. To that end, the returning denizens of Verra have blended both ancient tradition and modern techniques to find new ways to peel back the pall of mystery that enshrouds their new home. What they see beyond can unlock and inspire possibilities that are, as of yet, unimaginable.

The Through the Lens cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from January 12, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until February 9, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Frozen Festivities addons will be removed on January 12, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-01-11-through-the-lens
community_management.gif

Comments

• horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Leyline Orrery - What Freehold building does this fit onto? Is it for a Scholar building? It looks large. Will this take up most of a Freehold? When will the staff decide on which buildings go on which item? We've been waiting for years for an answer. Can you at least tell us if this will Not be able to be used as a house cosmetic? I think many might be buying cosmetics that they will not be able to use when the actual purpose is finally revealed. Love the designs, love the talented staff but: If we are a Glorious Ashes Community, then don't we deserve some clarity? @MargaretKrohn @Vaknar
  • Heheh - so long as the "future-seeing" fabric of these clothes doesn't show us the far-flung future of the bodies underneath them, I think this set will work out just fine.

Really cool Stronghold skin, this month!

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    horendis wrote: »
    Leyline Orrery - What Freehold building does this fit onto? Is it for a Scholar building? It looks large. Will this take up most of a Freehold? When will the staff decide on which buildings go on which item? We've been waiting for years for an answer. Can you at least tell us if this will Not be able to be used as a house cosmetic? I think many might be buying cosmetics that they will not be able to use when the actual purpose is finally revealed. Love the designs, love the talented staff but: If we are a Glorious Ashes Community, then don't we deserve some clarity? @MargaretKrohn @Vaknar

We're continuing to work with our design team to provide details on what type of freehold building each cosmetic would cover, for both past and future items!
    community_management.gif
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Heheh - so long as the "future-seeing" fabric of these clothes doesn't show us the far-flung future of the bodies underneath them, I think this set will work out just fine.
    I just realized it sort of reminds me of Gozer the Gozerian.

ivos-been-around-for-a-bit-1637339093.jpg

Hhak63P.png
  • Ahhh man I was really hoping for a more badass theme for this months pack haha, I've been eyeing them off for ages hoping for the right set to buy before Alpha 2 hits.

I do really the freehold building here, it does look amazing, I can't wait to see what the in game options are as well. The pet and the mount are very cool too, just not into the crystal look personally haha.

Please Intrepid, make a Dragon themed Medieval Knight or Hooded Rogue Set haha, mainly black with green highlights hahaha. Would buy it in heartbeat haha. I'm hoping the Vek's relationship with dragon styled buildings gets a really badass set haha.

Keep up the awesome work Art Team, I can not wait for this to hit Alpha so we can start playing around with things and see things in Unreal Engine 5. And help make this the best MMO ever produced!
  • Need to hire on Todd McFarlane to balance out all of the pretty skins with some ANGST!
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Really like the mount and the Free Hold. I even like the ship. But I am already imagining my Vek Charlatan (or summoner) and that outfit just ain’t it. That would only really look good on Elven races.

Kind of torn on this one though. That mount + Freehold combo is hard to pass up.
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited January 2022
    The mount skin is pretty wild.

The costume is a miss. At first glance it had potential for my Cleric, but I quickly realized the woman and the man are basically wearing the same outfit and its a dress. Hard pass. Nope nope.
    A robe? Sure. A dress? Nope. Nope.
    /e shakes head
  • Atama wrote: »
    Heheh - so long as the "future-seeing" fabric of these clothes doesn't show us the far-flung future of the bodies underneath them, I think this set will work out just fine.
    I just realized it sort of reminds me of Gozer the Gozerian.

ivos-been-around-for-a-bit-1637339093.jpg

This is why I try to take a shower AT LEAST every other day.

Otherwise? Too many translucent crystals forming on my un-washed parts....

• With every new release of these packs, my concern for the artistic direction grows.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Ozijak wrote: »
    Please Intrepid, make a Dragon themed Medieval Knight or Hooded Rogue Set haha, mainly black with green highlights hahaha. Would buy it in heartbeat haha. I'm hoping the Vek's relationship with dragon styled buildings gets a really badass set haha.

Who knows what the art team will cook up in the future \o/

I totally feel you on the dragon aesthetic! Personally I love the rich diversity in the art, lore and cosmetics the team has been coming up on <3
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »

I want to see a heavily-armoured anteater! Think of what those enormous claws, huuuuge tongue, and massive snout could do in mounted combat!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • I see the pre-order options and in them, it same it will give you "game time" is this game a "subscription to play"?
  • I see the pre-order options and in them, it same it will give you "game time" is this game a "subscription to play"?

Its the time that you dont need to pay the monthly amount to play. The game will cost $ 15 per month. Pay to Play.
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    The Through the Lens cosmetic add-ons will be available in the

Where is the dislike buttons on posts? Why are there already pay for cosmetics for a game that isn't even out yet? :#
  • This changes over very in a couple of days, very excited to see what art we get next haha. I want to buy my pack but waiting over a year for something I really, really like haha xD
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Ozijak wrote: »

I totally feel you on the dragon aesthetic! Personally I love the rich diversity in the art, lore and cosmetics the team has been coming up on <3

100% agree on the diversity the art team has already produced, it blows my mind already and I can't wait to see it all as we explore Verra. Also hell yeah to the dragons hahaha, so excited Ashes is doing them and doing different types, the Elder Dragons are my favourite so far. So so cool.