Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Interest Check: Dark Religious Node

renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
Hey you! Are you tired of being the goodie two shoes? Tired of all the epeen sizing contests? Do you want to roleplay but you're tired of it only being once a week in an event? Are you interested in the idea of being a religious node but the dark side? Do you miss the times when guilds were who you did everything with, not just raids? Have you broken your back carrying your team?

Well this may be the guild for you!

This guild would be created for those who want something a little different with the current population of mmo players. We're looking for people who are tired of guilds only being for raid nights, we want to create a family.

Things you can expect from us:
-Roleplaying
-hard PVE focus
-Religious node
-Events/Group stuff

We will be experiencing all aspects of the game including pvp but our main passion will be the pve content. This is an interest check, please drop a comment or thumbs up it if this type of guild would interest you!
[NA] Pandemonium| PVE focused | RP PVX | Tulnar | Divine Node
Come check us out!

Comments

• renadedanterenadedante Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2021
    I realized I forgot to put it would be PVX >.> whoops.
    We're obviously gonna pvp lol
    Come check us out!
  • Definitely would like to see a religion gone wrong in a video game. FINALLY some realism amirite ;) xoxo
  • Oswyn GrievirOswyn Grievir Member
    edited July 2021
    Definitely would like to see a religion gone wrong in a video game. FINALLY some realism amirite ;) xoxo

My exact thought! :smile:
    Come check us out!
  • edited December 2021
    Do you mean to use the game's religion system or create one of your own as a guild and roleplay it?

If it's the latter plz provide me with a holy book to study our teachings! >:)

( Personally I hope religion friction is incorporated into the game's mechanics but if no I am more than willing to push in that direction through a guild roleplaying it.)
  • A shame this thread seems to have died. For the record: I might be interested in this. Depending how the religion system works in game.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    CosmicBS, I think that the game's six religions will have some reason for inherent conflict built in.

"Temples built in nodes progress a religion within Verra. There will be competition between religions to build their temple in nodes with vacant temple slots.[20]"

Each religious node can build buildings to only one religion and each religion will provide differing benefits. Religions will provide abilities, stats, titles, augments and roles at sieges and events which will differ. These benefits will accrue increasingly to the most advanced religions, so there will be motivation to advance your religion. For example, (here I am speculating), in order to have a certain siege related skill you may have to advance in a religion which has temples in three Divine nodes which have advanced to the city stage. This will provide motivation not only to advance in your religion but also to protect and advance the nodes which follow your religion.
  • tautau wrote: »
    CosmicBS, I think that the game's six religions will have some reason for inherent conflict built in.

"Temples built in nodes progress a religion within Verra. There will be competition between religions to build their temple in nodes with vacant temple slots.[20]"

Each religious node can build buildings to only one religion and each religion will provide differing benefits. Religions will provide abilities, stats, titles, augments and roles at sieges and events which will differ. These benefits will accrue increasingly to the most advanced religions, so there will be motivation to advance your religion. For example, (here I am speculating), in order to have a certain siege related skill you may have to advance in a religion which has temples in three Divine nodes which have advanced to the city stage. This will provide motivation not only to advance in your religion but also to protect and advance the nodes which follow your religion.

This is sort of what I meant but didn’t elaborate on. Assuming it’s not a gimp pick to go dark, I would consider it. I’m most likely going to play an Orc and being edgy is the right way to play an Orc. But if divine has much better bonuses, or has a lopsided player population (making other religions impossible to sustain) then obviously I won’t be going dark. Similar to how New World has entire servers of one type because no one dares to try to go against the rest of the server.
    I hope Intrepid learns from the mistakes of others and does a good job making the choices feel unique enough while also being balanced. But I’m afraid there is nothing the devs can do if the players decide to snowball in favor of one God/religion. And players have a nasty habit of doing that.

Time will tell. Hoping for the best.

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I suspect that religion is not one of the things that most players will consider worth paying much attention to. They care more about the size of their sword and the name of their guild. That will allow those of us who pay better attention to details, to things like religions, a great opportunity to gain what could be a significant advantage over the mass of WOW trained players with little imagination.

Needless to say, if a player with strong religious augments and abilities routinely beats them in PvP, they will allege it is a cheat or a hack, rather than admit they have been outsmarted, right?
  • If the idea gains enough traction there's no reason why it can't be added later on.
    At the moment the current scope of work is already huge and game release is two years late, whilst looking like (IMO) at least another two years until release.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • I could definitely see myself making a character for this.
    Do you mean to use the game's religion system or create one of your own as a guild and roleplay it?

If it's the latter plz provide me with a holy book to study our teachings! >:)

( Personally I hope religion friction is incorporated into the game's mechanics but if no I am more than willing to push in that direction through a guild roleplaying it.)

Oh! I see this thread has been necro'd and I welcome it. Yes! I am 100% saying I would love to use the games religious system to make a dark religious guild and rp it. I haven't set up a discord yet, but seeing as this thread gained traction, I may have to! :)
    Come check us out!
    Sawtooth wrote: »
    A shame this thread seems to have died. For the record: I might be interested in this. Depending how the religion system works in game.

It was dead, but it won't stay dead now, lol.
    Come check us out!
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A shame this thread seems to have died. For the record: I might be interested in this. Depending how the religion system works in game.

It was dead, but it won't stay dead now, lol.

Don't worry. It will have risen for 3 days, then die again, never to be seen. Wait...sounds familiar......
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • POG
  • Oswyn GrievirOswyn Grievir Member
    edited February 2022
  • ive never been one to consider the risks, LETS GO!!! maybe the Tulnar will be a playable religion and not just used as antagonists
    tautau wrote: »
    KeeperBrGO wrote: »

Hey all! Sorry for the group quote but I figured it was better to respond in one message and not spam the forums. I decided to make a discord for this! Even though AOC is quite a bit out, I decided we could at least have a central hub or whatever. If you want to be invited let me know in some way! You can also reach me on discord at: Kali #0504

Come check us out!
  • This seems like a really kool idea. Could this be like a vampire cult ? or worship some dark entity like in skyrim the dark mother or what ever she was called ?
    This seems like a really kool idea. Could this be like a vampire cult ? or worship some dark entity like in skyrim the dark mother or what ever she was called ?

Hey! Ya it could be fun, I decided to make a divine node for tulnar!
    Come check us out!