Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 25, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• EtalimEtalim Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will you be giving mobs a large movement radius and/or more complex movement patterns/patrols to make the environments feel more "organic"?

I've played games where mobs have been just standing in clusters, perhaps taking only a few steps back and forth, and not really feeling very natural at all.

Thanks.
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Is handling a server merge by introducing a server wide apocalypse like event similar to the monster coin event concept, viable or planned?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 2022
    We know that heavy and robe armors will have opposite benefits and weaknesses. Can you tell us what would make a player choose a medium armor?

Will there be locked bonuses, only applicable depending on the weight of the armor, such as HP boosts for heavy, MP boosts for robe, movement speed or critical modifier boosts for medium, etc?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Luto wrote: »
    Have you made the decision to include voice acting for NPC characters? If not, why?

They said no many times. Too costly. It's not a main attraction for the mmo experience.
  • I was wondering if you could elaborate on how pure classes such as weapon master will work? I know that the secondary class augments your abilities of your first class so was wondering how the same class augments abilities?
  • neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited February 2022
    You've mentioned the procedurally generated catacombs under a divine metropolis, do you currently have plans to use procedural generation for any other content? Specifically I mean like dungeons, raids, islands etc.
  • shakaconshakacon Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pretty please can you provide us the information regarding which cosmetic skin will work in which slot in your Freehold so that we can purchase cosmetics for various slots?
  • As I understand it, free holds will be one per account. On the server that has our free hold, will our other characters be able to access it, or just the character that built it?
  • If an economic building is disabled in a monster event, will it have economic consequences in regions other than the node in which it was destroyed?
  • A top tier node will offer many benefits, unlocking new content, crafting etc... But it takes time for a node to grow, especially if it is attacked and destroyed. So there could be an incentive NOT TO attack a node, to let it grow. Isn't that going to be a problem if you want to incentivise node wars ?
  • Can you talk about the quest lines for each node? As each Node can theoretically level a player to max level, will there be 103 different quest lines, one for each node? Or will quests be shared between nodes?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • captivatedcaptivated Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2022
    QUESTION: Steven mentioned before his plans for a MSQ in AoC, is this still the case? If yes, how you're gonna manage the implementation of mainstory characters, places and plot points in the ever-changing node-driven world of Verra? How can different servers with different node progressions experience the same story?

SIDENOTE: I'd prolly wish to hear, you'd scrap the MSQ idea! Not only because the execution of it seems extremly difficult, but also because MSQs tend to stand in conflict with the idea of an unimportant and nameless adventurer. Usually MSQs lead to superhero/chosen stories... I rather experience many small stories (wow coassic style) then a retail WoW / FF14 style story.

love you guys!! ❤️
  • GarrenGarren Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the number of graveyards/respawn points within a node be linked to that nodes level? Will more points be available the great that nodes level. Would this further incentivize questing within an area.
  • How much larger will a metropolis warehouse's inventory be than a caravan's inventory?
  • What kind of attachments will we be able to place on our ships? Magical Cannons? Ballistae? Harpoons? Scuba tanks?
  • RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How Customizable will the final UI be? For example moving all information pages to anywhere on our monitor and customizing colors to catch our own unique eyeballs. I run an ultra wide monitor, and I have noticed that other games simply cut out some of the upper and lower FOV. I have also played games that will not let me bring the information panes close enough to my center.
  • RockHoundRockHound Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maouii wrote: »
    will we have small games in the taverns, between players and with pnj
    card games, chess, money games, others, ...

Yes. Parlor games were a stretch goal for the kickstarter campaign.
  • hello steven
    you have to understand that for the sake of our mental health, we need an approximate date, waiting forever is more difficult to bear than a postponement.
    the players get angry, get upset, and leave, and you won't see them again
    can you at least consider a list of things to do to launch the alpha 2 so we can see the validated steps?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Could you explain how tier levels will work in character creation? Various levels of Kickstarter gave more tier level options for character creation, so please give us an idea how that will work when we can create characters before launch.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Server Queues / Population:
    How are you intending to manage and minimise server queues during launch (when typically there is a large influx of players for MMOs) while also ensuring there aren't low population servers post-launch since the Node system doesn't seem to lend itself to server mergers.

+1
  • Will there be reviling armor sets (BDO , FFXIV) for Female & Male characters
  • my question is about node sieges. How will the participants be chosen? Will the Mayor select them or will the system itself assign them? since in case he was the mayor, he could only put his clan into the siege and many other players miss the event.
  • So I know in ashes most of the content will be open world rather than instanced, even the dungeons, but will there at least be a decent amount of phasing in dungeons so that random people can’t come and mess with your runs or steal loot/exp?
  • A fishing question.
    Can you fish while mounted on an aquatic mount?
  • ELRYNOELRYNO Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Two part question.
    1. Will we be able to have mounted combat? Not necessarily directly our characters attacking, but certain skills that can be used to break enemy lines or quite literal "battering rams" used to destroy gates?
    2. If the above is the case, can our mounts take damage and ultimately die?
  • How important are you consider casual player for the longevity of ashes?
  • FirebrandFirebrand Member
    edited February 2022
    Hello Steven, Margaret, and the fearless developers at Intrepid! My questions/critiques come in the way of immersion. I feel that immersion puts the RPG in MMORPG. Everything I've seen points to node names being something that are in essence pre-chosen. If true this is a bit vanilla and really takes a part in player ownership of a node away from the players who will live in and nurture said node. If the players that found a node want to pick from a pre-populated list fine. But if not, one would think that there could be a way for the node to be named by the first mayor or a vote within the node. Perhaps the name could pass thru a profanity filter and then undergo a final review and approval by a server community manager or something to that effect to make sure that the name is realistic/lore friendly and not CityMcCityFace.

The other question I had is on node types....which also appear to be pre-chosen or random. This is fine but I think perhaps there should also be a way in the initial stage or two of a nodes development to change that if so desired. Maybe some questing XP or a quest objective to lets say bring a renowned economist into a science node, or a well known spiritual leader into a military node thereby changing the direction the node takes. Currently to achieve this you'd have to abandon the node you started at and put work into (if you didn't already yet know the node type) and seek greener pastures so to speak. Perhaps you really want to stay at your node location but just don't want a certain node type. Just seems to me there's another way to do it while giving the player options.
  • Are there any plans or thoughts about implementing a mastery system for skills, which will give perks each skill level?
  • edited February 2022
    Will we be able link map locations in chat?

For example. Say I wanted a guild gathering at a particular location. Would I be able to link my location to them so they can pin point that location on their map?
  • Hutchy1989Hutchy1989 Member
    edited February 2022
    Answered my own question.