Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, February 25, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• We saw some basic ledge-climbing during December's livestream preview. Are there any plans to make a more developed and robust parkour-type system for the game (like we see in the Art of War trailer) and will it be class exclusive (i.e. only Rogues) or mostly-universal, with exception to some extra class/Rogue toolkits?
    My AoC Wishlist:
    -Avian Tulnar (topic video)
    -Dwarf-to-tallest race heights for Tulnar
    -Crows/ravens for Falconers
    -AC:O & AC:V type aerial scouting for Falconer
  • JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How many custom ranks a guild master will be able to create?
  • GraphicalElmGraphicalElm Member
    edited February 2022
    I am happy to hear the gearing is focused on horizontal progression. That being said, do you have a rough “percentage power advantage” that base line max level gear might have compared to fully BiS gear? It is painful when the gear gap is TOO great (like 40-50% power gap).
  • What is the plan to make the game alt friendly? I.e. what type of account-wide benefits might be shared, what catch up mechanics might be in place, etc? How can we respect the leveling process but not run it 8 times if we want 8 primary archetype characters for instance?
  • Regarding PVP, it looks like you have “arenas” but there isn’t much information regarding these. Are these team death match style “BGs” or last man standing, WoW-style arenas where you have 1 life?
  • I am SO eager for the return to old school MMO basics where community and cooperation are at the forefront of the game. That being said, what level of expectations for advancement can a more solo-focused player expect to achieve? The example I would want to use is a player willing to join a guild, willing to cooperate, but limited on time to play (9-12 hours per week)? What helps this character from being “gatekept” from meaningful content and gear?
  • Not a question, but a statement. I hope truly epic and legendary items are named gear/sets. I think a great part of other MMOs is when you can sit in a city and see a truly amazingly geared player and name their gear by sight. Like “WOW, that guy has Shadowmourne!” Or “whoa, he is duel wielding XYZ”.
  • How do you envision expansions playing a role in Vera?
  • How do you prevent (or would it theoretically not be desirable to prevent) massive-scale collusion between the TOP guilds on servers? If the servers devolve to being run by 2-4 massive and powerful guilds, how do we make sure that they remain incentivized to conduct node sieges versus agreeing upon a status quo?
  • Will selling boosts be prohibited? (PvP boosts for instance)
  • Could you get into a little bit more detail on Tier 2 mounts - We know that 'Gliding Mounts' are Tier 2 mounts but what about hovering and jumping mounts? Thank you in advance ❤️
    signature.png
  • What are you planing to do, to make progress feel permanently meaningful?

If there is a new expension or update in a few years, I fear that the progress made up to that point will be meaningless. As new levels, new equipment, new areas and more will come out, the (then) "old" stuff will be outdated and all progress in that regard would become meaningless. (like in WOW for example)
  • OcelotMeowOcelotMeow Member
    edited February 2022
    How will friend list work? Will adding friend once will suffice or I would have to add every of his alt separately? :(

Will the player be able to just regenerate their health after the fight (when they go out of combat) or are we reliant on health potions and healers?
  • vixirixvixirix Member
    edited February 2022
    Would you please consider changing the first person camera position to place the camera at minimum zoom, just outside the front of the player model forehead? This way we can see the player body in first person mode without any clipping which would make the player body model invisible, with no animation changes required, and such camera functionality allows for better post-release VR modding functionality such as Vorpx (Native VR integration without any changes to the game.
  • BergundBergund Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will mob AI be aware of its environmental surroundings and (if range dps/support npc for instance) use cover when fighting players?
    The coin is a rite of passage.
  • When a server population dies essentially, what becomes of the top nodes still playing the game? Character transfers to a new server is easy to do. Will there perhaps be new servers created for the dead servers to merge to, that would have shorter time restriction in upgrading their node. Example server A,B, and C have died. So, you let them transfer to server X... where they can now restart but also upgrade their nodes in a week instead of four weeks per upgrade.
  • Will we see an in game UI editor?
    For example, being able to move the hp bar, skill bars, buffs/debuffs, etc.
  • Whats your vision for difficulty? Is solo adventuring to have significant draw backs, maybe certain areas will have tougher enemies or mechanics that make it harder/impossible to do alone.
    Hiding from elite enemies lest you get tripped and smacked.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    What are you planing to do, to make progress feel permanently meaningful?

If there is a new expension or update in a few years, I fear that the progress made up to that point will be meaningless. As new levels, new equipment, new areas and more will come out, the (then) "old" stuff will be outdated and all progress in that regard would become meaningless. (like in WOW for example)

So the fact that you'd get new areas to explore, new skills to use, new max lv to beat your enemies too, new gear prospect to make you go out in the open world and fight for the resources is meaningless?
    And what would be meaningful progress? Run the same dungeon for the millionth time, doing it 1s faster?
  • What would be an example of the fighters’ or mages’ monumental effects during sieges (when up to 8 band together in a group)?
  • With the Bard class I was curious if there will be interchangeable themes available for abilities and whether having multiple bards will interact and compliment each other (adding extra layers to songs or dancing aligning)?
    For Themes examples would be; A seaside theme with Sea Shanties, a theme for the upper class with a more classical approach, or dwarven mountain theme with drinking songs.
  • I honestly can not wait for this game to be released but i also do not want it to be rushed. I dont know if many asked about this before but in my opinion a very engaging lore such as ff14 would make the game so much better. I hope you guys take the time to come up with a very interesting lore.
  • Are you able to give us some new examples of some ways that Augments will morph certain abilities? Typically we've had examples such as a charge changing to a teleport, but can you give some other examples which are perhaps less predictable/have not been talked about up to now? It would be nice to know some of the more creative ways that abilities will change which might not be as obvious.
  • Luto wrote: »
    Have you made the decision to include voice acting for NPC characters? If not, why?
    This extract may help you:
    "Voice acting
    NPCs will have voice acted audio greetings.[27][28]

Narrated quest lines are not currently planned.[27]
    Adding voice acting into the game at a later point is a fairly cosmetic change.[27]
    Is it difficult to add voice acting later? No, it's definitely not... It's a fairly cosmetic change.[27] – Steven Sharif

Voice acting is a fun luxury to have, but it is not only a costly one, but it is also one that takes a lot of logistics.[29] – Steven Sharif
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/NPCs#Voice_acting
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Maouii wrote: »
    will we have small games in the taverns, between players and with pnj
    card games, chess, money games, others, ...

This link may help you:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Parlor_games
  • KRissCHu wrote: »
    Will the Tulnar have verminous(specifically Rat) head customization options, or will it only be reptilian/insect options?

This extract may help you:
    "Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the Character creator.[6][19]
    Mammalian Tulnar may have snout features, fur and inverted knees.[20]
    Reptilian Tulnar may have more circular eyes and head shape, and scaly skin.[20]
    There are feline and bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character but Tulnar do not equal furries.[21][22]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Tulnar#Tulnar_appearance
  • Claww wrote: »
    I honestly can not wait for this game to be released but i also do not want it to be rushed. I dont know if many asked about this before but in my opinion a very engaging lore such as ff14 would make the game so much better. I hope you guys take the time to come up with a very interesting lore.

This link may help you:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Lore
  • Will there be additional opportunities to reserve a character or guild name for those who were not part of the original kickstarter?
  • if a city is close to the coast, it is possible to ships attack the city in a node siege?
  • Good morning!
    So, are we ever going to get some updated summoner information? Maybe a skill or two?
    Just a tiny morsel please🥺