Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Pre-order / subscription] in Russia

edited March 2022 in Support & FAQ
Hi everyone! ^_^
Hope you're doing great!

I have a question regarding the current situation in the world.
Residents of the Russian Federation are in a series of sanctions and have been disconnected from SWIFT, how should Russian-speaking players be?

Are there alternative ways or plans for this?
And I would like to know your opinion.

~ Regards Tim
dwkha4udfkfp.png
WikiWiki Discord
I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.
~Wiki Curator, SensetiveTwink

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You are a couple years from release where you would need to worry about payment. The situation with Russia should be resolved in some fashion that answers that question for you by then.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    You are a couple years from release where you would need to worry about payment. The situation with Russia should be resolved in some fashion that answers that question for you by then.

The question was not asked in my interests, I'm not from Russia, the question was pulled out of the Russian-speaking audience.

thanks for the answer <3
    dwkha4udfkfp.png
    WikiWiki Discord

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Then I will change the pronouns. They will know closer to release whether they are able to take part. The situation right now will most likely be resolved either way for them by then.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Keep in mind, Intrepid Studios and their payment processors will not go around the sanctions and create alternatives. That would be bad for their business.

If they can no longer use the payment methods provided, that's just the state they are in.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    We'll have to wait for them until everything returns to normal.

Thank you very much.
    dwkha4udfkfp.png
    WikiWiki Discord

• Options
    ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Intrepid Studios will have to comply with issued sanctions of course. If payment providers decide to stop doing business in Russia for the time being, e.g. PayPal, that's how it is and cannot be changed by IS. While Russian folks might not be able to purchase current pre-order packs, things will likely be different at launch - at which point we can elaborate on that topic in more detail if needed.

I'm closing this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.