Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited April 2022 in Announcements
Reminder-1920.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific!
(Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)!

Submissions end Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Greetings glorious Ashes of Creation community!

We’ve decided to move the March livestream from this Friday to Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific.

Our team has been working very hard to show you something exciting, and we want to ensure that it’s in a presentable state. This sometimes means a little extra polish is needed, which we’re going to spend the next several days doing!

We thank you for understanding and we’re excited to see you on Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific for a glorious development update livestream!

Edit
Ashes of Creation First Look of the Alpha Two Character Creator in 4K
https://youtu.be/z_PasE-_W6M

Full livestream video is now up on our YouTube channel! 🙌🏽🎉
https://youtu.be/J_1q7Djv-Lw
community_management.gif

Comments

• EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With lumen in UE5, are we going to need to bring torches, lanterns and/or magical light for dark caves and dungeons?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • Is the monster coin system still planned to be in game and will we see it during alpha 2?
    x30dqp2077l9.gif

• KRissCHuKRissCHu Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    We have seen the lizard and turtle mounts, but will there be any different reptile mounts? Like serpents or wingless dragon-looking things?
  • Whats ur estimated range of longest bow shot?
  • ItsFayneItsFayne Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With limited items (legendary) that may be limited to one per server, what will happen to the item when that player leaves the world (rerolls on another server, quits the game, etc). Will it eventually be put back in the world loot table or be gone forever?
    7l7hsjx.png
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Are siege and horde mode still planned, and will they be open for everyone as first planned?
  • With Windows finally getting Direct Storage soon, will this feature be implemented into Ashes?
    Big Banana
  • How are you going to keep taming relevent in the long run? Once Breeders get their base animals, in theory they won't need anymore.
  • xillinxillin Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We've gotten lots of talk about open world bosses, but little to no info on instanced bosses. Will those boss fights be tightly tuned and scripted like WoW, FF14, or SWTOR, or the more loosely tuned and less difficult variation offered by games like ESO, GW2, etc?
  • LashingLashing Member
    edited March 2022
    Will gliding T2 mounts have to sacrifice speed/other stats or an ability slot to keep T1 mounts relevant?
  • When a player goes to hire NPC's to guard their caravan, do they hire generic NPC titles like Warrior/Archer/Mage/cleric, get a random assortment of NPC's or actually get to hire Archetyped NPC's like Tank/Summoner/Cleric?

My name rhymes with "Feather"
  • Could Steven possibly explain why so many devs are still only developing for PC? My understanding was that, Microsoft at least, was trying to minimize the code differences. Am I just misunderstanding something?
  • DougBug27DougBug27 Member
    edited March 2022
    Will the racial cities of Ren (Orcs), Aela (Humans) and Dunhein (Dwarves) be player cities, potential nodes, or has the cataclysmic event done something else to them entirely?

note - I couldn't remember the elven city name
  • bosheanboshean Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we get some news on Classes? Preferably Summoner information, but any news will do. :heart:
  • EriyEriy Member
    I am a fan of multiple skill bards and many skills. Can we expect more skills in the future?
  • When will we be getting a look at the Tulnar? They are the race I'm most excited for.
    Also, will the orcs be able to get bigger noses? hehe. Keep up the great work guys!
  • With skill augments, will DPS classes be very involved in team strategies or will they primarily be focused on their own tactics and skill rotation?

As an alternative to the hard-cap on profession mastery certificates, might there be an experience decay which increases as your profession's level does as a soft cap to the number of masters?
    5otakdg397zo.png
  • Baneful TigerBaneful Tiger Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a companion app, or some other means for guild leaders/officers to manage certain guild functions remotely?
    (Examples would be to accept, kick, promote, demote, etc.)
  • Eltharius the PrimeEltharius the Prime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be an assortment of character emotes that roleplayers in Verra will get to use that show the character performing said emote, such as leaning against a wall or eating at a table, etc? Thank you :]
  • horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    How can the races coming from Sanctus learn magic so quickly? Is it instinct or a byproduct of the gateways or something else?
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Do each race's eyes have different adaptations that help them see better or differently, like low-light vision, infrared, or implied tetrachromia as if they can see colors where others see grays?

*This is in response to the "Would you choose to explore Verra through the eyes of this Kaelar female?" post.
  • Not sure if this was asked before, but will there be local node-based player markets possible? I can imagine for example a node having a day with little shops / stands where you could buy weapons / potions! I can see that really bring a community together!
  • ghostxxghostxx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can you provide any information on the guild and/or merchant system?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited March 2022
    Since heavy will be strong against physical dmg and robe strong against magic dmg, what would make players want to wear leather armor?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Village nodes and higher level nodes give out certificates for freeholds to be placed in their ZOI. If I place my freehold in a vassal node, can I get citizenship in the parent node?
    bRVL6TR.png

• Is there any truth to the rumors that there will be a tavern parlor game called 'Six Degrees of Michael Bacon' and a Bard secondary class augment called 'My Name is Jeff'?
  • KamikKamik Member
    edited March 2022
    Are there plans to have skills be upgraded through continuous usage rather than being upgraded with points, with each level up on the skill giving certain stat perks and other ability upgrades?
  • What are your plans, if any, regarding the application of cape physics to both ground movement and idle movement along with clipping on mounts?
  • -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    edited March 2022
    Will some aquatic mounts have any utility skills that can be used in fishing?
  • Is there gonna be a raid assist window? Its very important that the whole group can see and target what the leader of a raid is targetting in the quickest way possible. This way a raid can be efficient in dps races that happen in pvp and pve.