Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Will we be getting a web based early access to the character creator?
  • 234Graph234Graph Member
    edited March 2022
    Later on after Ashes launches, will there be a new & seperate sub races of the human race that are based on Black/African and East Asian facial features n hair styles? A lot of us would like to be able to create characters that look like us 😅
  • How much corruption does a death remove from a corrupted player? Meaning if a player kills 5 non-combatants and dies once, does it remove all corruption stacks? Does dieing to a bounty hunter make them lose more corruption than and normal flagged combatant. Similarly, dieing to an enemy ai or open world creature, does that also remove corruption?
  • JayGeL44JayGeL44 Member
    edited March 2022
    will underrealm cities be stagnant since the races living there never left or will there still be player influenced city growth?
  • If an economic building is disabled in a monster coin event, will it have economic consequences in regions other than the node in which it was destroyed?
  • StonewingStonewing Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Has Intrepid changed direction with the Py'rai ? the wiki says Native American influence, I can't see that with the character model or the architecture.
    My answerer for the question "how does a forest exist in the middle of the desert"?
    That's easy in all biomes where the Py'rai control nodes their architecture stays the same but the textures used to build their structures would have to match the materials that would have been gathered in the node ie Skins, wood etc.
  • AdelissaAdelissa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    With the recent success of Lost Ark and players enjoying their experience, what are some things YOU enjoy about Lost Ark and are there any elements you'd like to bring to AoC?
    Adelissa | Guild Master | Heathen Lords
    avlegukgqhk0.png
  • What is being worked on besides mounts and monthly cosmetics?
  • Regarding Summoner, will the summons available have any way of having altered appearances/skins? For example, if I play a nature-themed Py'Rai Summoner, but the best DPS summon is a fire elemental or something that doesn't fit the character theme, will there be a way to make it fit my character's theme better?
  • CaezCaez Member, Alpha One
    edited March 2022
    Are you guys planning on implementing a tutorial or any other system to help new mmo players to understand how some systems work? profeesions systems or something more symple like which npc´s will give quests?
  • A friend posed this question to me as I was trying to induct another into the Ashes cult and it was a pretty good one. How are you going to make it so that crafters are important or at least viable compared to gatherers and processors in the early game? (for example: an over saturation of iron swords in the market)
  • RaarRaar Member
    edited March 2022
    Have you considered selling cosmetics with finished in game models rather than in concept art form? Some friends and I have decided not to buy any after seeing how drastically different the Fire Fox looks compared to its concept art.
  • Can we get an update on Merch like clothing? Last we heard it was coming in 2021, would love to rock some Ashes of Creation gear and a Ren'Kai dragon sigils shirt or two haha. Thank you ^_^
  • zaayrzaayr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    for trade skills are you going to have them decrease levels from not using them or are there just so many skill points and you have to move them around for what you are trying to focus on? and with those points are you able to max out one specific area?
  • Hello, I don't know if it was already answered but do you plan to deliver every major patch or new extension raiding content ? And if yes, for those raid bosses, do you plan to follow the formula of WoW ( trahs mobs and boss ) or FFXIV ( Just the boss room )
    Will there be any limit to the rewards you can get in that kind of content ? For exemple weekly cap on loot

Also for this kind of content, i hope every mechanic that you will have to go through will be visualy clear and distinguishable from the environnement in order to not require like WoW the use of any add-on or 3rd party program ( which i also hope will not be allowed in any way)
    It's not a specific question but if that was not already talked about it would be great to have a word from the team about the design philosophy and principals around this kind of content
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In the first video, you showed a magic user using a floating light ball for light. Will there be a need for torches still, i.e. true night time in the world?
    When will we get to see a time lapse of the day/night cycle?
    Will there be weather effects throughout the game? i.e. rolling thunder storms that darken the day with ominous dark clouds while streaks of lightning light up the surrounding area? Sand storms that roll in and obliterate sight of almost everything?
  • HalfdanHalfdan Member
    edited March 2022
    Because people usually click to what is easiest. Can you PLEASE make Bard class the hardest to play?
  • A question about player structures:

Will the majority of windows in buildings be opaque and decorative, or see-through and functional?

• For dungeons. How much will the biome effect the mobs and loot inside dungeons? Will they reflect the biome they are surrounded by or will it all be fairly generic?
  • SzaasSzaas Member
    Could you give us examples of racial augments ?
  • JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the seasonal cycle or the weather have any effect on the steps required for preparation to 'craft' other than farming e.g. smelting?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • GrilledCheeseMojitoGrilledCheeseMojito Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    According to the wiki, animal husbandry is under the 'Processing' umbrella, will this be changed or split up, going forward?
    Grilled cheese always tastes better when you eat it together!
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the current plan for how gear slots work far enough that you can tell us whether accessories such as necklaces and rings will generally be vertical power changes or horizontal power changes?
  • SpaceWolfSpaceWolf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've heard that elemental spells may be affected by the weather, is there any plan for elemental augments or enchantments on weapons to be affected by the weather or seasons too?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will infrastructural issues requiring reactive Tasks be part of Node gameplay, outside of monster coin/siege/weather and natural disaster events?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I use an AoE attack on a combatant, does it hit/not hit their ally in the same party who hasn't changed to Combatant state yet, differently than if that player was already also a Combatant?
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • mfckingjokermfckingjoker Member
    edited March 2022
    Will we have combat zones in open world raids or some sort of system where anybody participating in these raids will be auto flagged so that raid drops will not be a competition of which group made the most damage but which group actually won the pvp instead?
    3hmamy1ekfqy.gif
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    the store will contain physical objects? like statuettes, caps, teeshirt. or computer material in partnership with a manufacturer, to propose keyboard smiles to the éffigie of Ashes of creation?
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭