Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• insomniainsomnia Member
    edited March 2022
    Are you going to acknowladge and try to do something about, melee dps, pretty much always gets screwed over in dungeons and raids? It feel like melee dps have to spend most of the time, just running around doing avoiding taking damage. While range dps players can just headbutt the keyboard and be more effective. I'm starting to feel like the only viable way to play a dps, is to play a ranged. Then add in ranged classes often do more damage, so the advantage is even higher
  • Are the tulnar still confirmed to be released in Alpha2?
  • xVexXxVexX Member
    edited March 2022
    In regards to OCE and SEA servers I was wondering about future proofing them in terms of populations. I know OCE/SEA servers have already been planned for but if an OCE (australian) server is made the chance of the population being high enough is pretty low. Will there be a plan for merging with SEA if populations get too low to prevent people feeling like their time is wasted playing on OCE servers.
  • I would love to hear the progress of the stealth mechanic in the game, if there has been any further updates or progress made on this besides what the wiki states.

What type of visual hints will we experience if we are close to a potential stealthed player?
    Will spellcasters have access to anything like invisibility and will that spell have the same visual hints?
    Could we see an item or spell added to the game that allows us to change our physical appearance like in Apoc?

Thank you
  • SolrSolr Member
    How will a node's defensive capabilities during a siege be depending on its surrounding vassal nodes? Is there an insentive to reset surrounding nodes instead of directly sieging a main city/parent node to make it easier to fall?
  • KikaKika Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the story driven instanced dungeons and raids be easy to clear content, or will it be more on the line of progression raiding?
  • NiyaNiya Member
    It's sad that in many MMOs horses are low level mounts.
    Can I breed a horse at high levels that will be as useful as other mounts?
  • Most node types get really cool superpowers at metropolis stage and they are self-explanatory on how they benefit the citizens of the node, vassal nodes and even possibly other allied nodes. Divine node - mega-catacombs, Scientific node - fast travel, Economy node - shared marketplace.

However the military node gets reduced corruption duration and bounty hunter system. It just sounds like an open invitation for lots of griefing and pvp rather than anything beneficial for allies and vassal nodes.

How does the military metropolis' superpower benefit the node's citizens, vassal nodes and other allied nodes?
  • xVexXxVexX Member
    Can you make the Dwarf weaponry oversized. Personally I think as a dwarf your smaller package of insane power and the point of having them as a competitive race is that they can do all the same things as other races can. If the dwarf weaponry is smaller than everyone elses I feel it ruines the immersion of the game and makes the race as a whole look weak and inferior
  • Will the game support ultrawide resolutions and monitors fully? Such as 5120 x 1440 and will these resolutions be available in Alpha and Beta?
  • For players like myself who live in one part of the world, but in several years will be moving to another country will Intrepid have a way to move from one server cluster to another server cluster? With the time it takes to level in this game it would hurt losing everything over time.
    2cuMn4T.png
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited March 2022
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community!

Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Thursday, March 31 for our livestream!
    twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Reminder-1920.gif
    community_management.gif
  • Will a Summoner get flagged as combatant if their Summons auto-retaliate against an attacking player?
  • l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will there be any skills with blood effects? Blood magic essentially but it can use mana instead of hp.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    meowstical wrote: »
    Will a Summoner get flagged as combatant if their Summons auto-retaliate against an attacking player?

Yes. How else would it work fairly. And where have you seen summons auto-attacking "in retaliation"?
  • Idhalar AlBaieshIdhalar AlBaiesh Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We have recently seen mmos experiencing severe server overpopulation problems. From hours-long queues to zones experiencing terrible lag and even game systems becoming irresponsive due to being basically ddosed by the seer amount of players.

AoC release is expected to be quite massive. What strategies are you planning to keep a healthy server population on release and what measures are you taking to stress test your systems scalability simulating those insane server loads?
    Only in silence the word, Only in dark the light, Only in dying life.
  • at a time where I personally feel like the mmo landscape is so dry and stale and full of companies who care about profit over designing a game that people CHOOSE to enjoy for the next 10 years...i really hope your game is different. time until release does not matter. I don't NOMRALLY speak for other people, however I think when I say there are many like me, i feel it to be true. I am actively looking for an MMO that i can willingly spend the next 10 years in. I know we'll never be able to go back to 2005 WoW but I do believe it to be possible to create a game similar in social aspect that replicates the WANT to continue playing for a decade. When things come from passion, they are bound to succeed. With all of this being said, my question. I would genuinely like to know how confident, not just Steven, but EVERYONE at Intrepid, are when it comes to potentially creating a game with systems and dynamics that make people WANT to play a game for a prolonged period of time?
  • mrBokmrBok Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How to pronounce Py'Rai correctly?
    f59ll57jllom.png
  • Will there be a companion app, or some other means for guild leaders/officers to manage certain guild functions remotely?
    (Examples would be to accept, kick, promote, demote, etc.)

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Companion_app
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Will there be an assortment of character emotes that roleplayers in Verra will get to use that show the character performing said emote, such as leaning against a wall or eating at a table, etc? Thank you :]

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Social_animations
  • Is there any truth to the rumors that there will be a tavern parlor game called 'Six Degrees of Michael Bacon' and a Bard secondary class augment called 'My Name is Jeff'?

Yes.
  • CountPips wrote: »
    I have never in my life anticipated something as bad as this game. Do you have any suggestions on how to cope or get a mini fix of AoC, because the game is not even out yet and it has already ruined all other video games for me?

There's a livestream every month where they talk about updates to the game. Keep your eyes out for it, and you can get your fill there.
  • Will there be a limit on how many freeholds can have taverns in the zone of influence of a node like there is a limit on how many taverns can be built in a node settlement?
  • chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    omxygnf77bob.png
    Question Regarding Bosses, Loot tables, and XP Debt.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bosses#Loot_tables
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/233161/#Comment_233161

Can we get clarification on this? Reading it without in-depth context, I don't like this idea -- especially for people with the desire to push content or who are being attacked/killed and gain xp debt in return.
  • 2RQ2RQ Member
    edited April 2022
    `
  • FuuuhFuuuh Member
    edited March 2022
    Hello, can i restream your transltion for my russian followers on twitch?
  • BallsDeepBallsDeep Member
    edited March 2022
    Question: Will the gear from a drop off a low level NPC look the same if not similar to a higher endgame leveled NPC drop? For example, The player that has only a few hours under his belt and has already acquired the "you've mastered the game" appearance. My question also goes for any other type of method of acquiring gear, such as skills etc.
    So many mmo's especially in this generation seem to overlook this, how ALL of the gear looks like "endgame" gear.(new world,wow,final fantasy, etc) which doesn't give the player that feeling of accomplishment anymore imo.
  • Question: I'm curious in terms of mobility skills will we be bale to get some transfiguration skills in? For example if we wanted to swim faster- players could get a skill earned through whatever means to grow fins ,kinda appearing like mermaids, to swim fast in the water without a mount and also be able to explore the depths in a more fantastical (magic related) way than say putting on some diving gear?
    Saturn_Aurora.png
  • In a lot of MMO's you have that top guild that dominates everything. When it comes to PvP and PvE (world bosses etc), Is that a possibility in AoC? Locking other's from doing content? And what is your plan on it.
  • A question regarding PvP Arena: Have you decided on a specific team size? I think saw 4v4 in the videos. Or will there be several constellations of team size?