[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will it be possible for corrupted players to drop gold(currency)?

Also, is it possible to store currency in a personal bank account(provided the node has a bank) and what happens to your bank if the node is destroyed/de-leveled? Is it frozen until you can gain access to a bank again or is it gone forever? Thank you.

Comments

• /
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looking at the wiki and Ashes101, I don't see anything saying players (corrupted or otherwise) drop gold. I do see that players will drop 'hunting certificates', like a wolf pelt that you sell to NPCs for gold.

Players will also drop gatherables and processed goods upon death. A portion of these things are lootable when your node is destroyed/de-leveled.

I don't see anything talking about whether gold specifically is dropped/lootable. That would be nice to get clarification on.

The absence of any mention of gold makes me think that the answer to your question is no, players won't drop gold.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Currency is never dropped. There is no deposit option, because currency has no weight and cannot be lost. This was answered long ago in the early livestreams. Someone can go back find out which one, but it is out there.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • DisarrayDisarray Member
    edited April 2022
    What happens to items/certs in the bank if the node is destroyed? Are they just frozen or gone permanently?
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If a node is destroyed and if you have a house/apartment/freehold in the node then the furniture and other things you own are mailed to you, not lost. This we know is a fact.

The currency you have in your storage or on your person, I think, is safe. I don't know that nodes will have banks specifically, but I believe they will have warehouse NPCs once they reach level 3 (village).
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    At the moment, the plan is for players to not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.
    community_management.gif
  • LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Vaknar wrote: »
    At the moment, the plan is for players to not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.

First wiki quote achievement unlocked!
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png