Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, April 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited May 2022 in Announcements
QA-1920__1___1_.gif

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, April 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)!

Submissions end Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

Edit:

๐Ÿ“บ Video! ๐Ÿ“บ
https://youtu.be/qYuL-GrMmRM
community_management.gif
ยซ13456

Comments

• You have said before that there will be gear with artisan boosting stats on them, but will it be normal combat gear with artisan perks in addition to normal combat stats or will the gear an artisan wears be weak in a fight? For example if a gatherer gets attacked while he is farming will he be an easy target for someone in full combat gear at the same level as him?
  • VlhadusVlhadus Member
    edited April 2022
    I'm wondering how much are you guys willing to bend in certain principles of being "hardcore" to appeal more to the casual MMO crowd?
    www.youtube.com/vlhadusgaming
    slBtfHF.png
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    Will the custom text chat command /e, /emote, /me, or some variant of it be in the game for roleplay? This is different than action emotes or emojis in game.

An example of this would be typing "/e asks this question." into the chat box and entering.
    Which in chat would pop up in a different colored text as "Anduin Kayvaan asks this question."
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • LashingLashing Member
    edited April 2022
    Will gliding T2 mounts have to sacrifice speed or other stats or an ability slot to keep T1 mounts relevant?
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    Can I equip my ship with a ram and plow into other ships (and maybe raid bosses) to inflict damage, while not completely wrecking my own ship?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    some people can't stand having music in the game.
    Can you consider allowing us to turn off this unbearable music while we play?
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • BabayugahBabayugah Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    What sort of time sink is going to be required for crafting across the board to dissuade a player from using alts to fill that need of crafts, materials, resources etc?
  • RuinedRuined Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Relating to Castles, "Each of the three castle nodes have a siege against it at the end of each of these three weeks.". Other than the declaration week, who is attacking these nodes and will the guild owning the castle ever get a break if this happening monthly?
  • ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Have you considered unlockable in game cosmetics for the character model?
    I've left a comment before on an Instagram post about bioluminescent tattoos for the character creator, but perhaps we could look into making unique Tattoos, Jewelry, or maybe hair styles that can be crafted/looted/bought in the world?
    ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
  • ShoelidShoelid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can we get a general size estimate for this weeks cosmetic pet the Ghastly Ghuul?

Are skill augments freely changeable, or will there be some element of 'friction' that discourages frequent augment changes?
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 2022
    Are there plans to test the new combat iteration before Alpha 2?
    Did you shelf the idea to use castle siege mode as a testing ground?

Alpha 2 is still far far away, but i think being one of the first studios to showcase something in UE5 could help get attention and attract talent. Castle siege testing could fill that spot
    Also getting combat to a advanced state before A2 can help with iterating connected systems in A2, as you would not have to constantly readjust them when the combat changes
  • SolusVulpusSolusVulpus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When can we expect more information on the Tulnar?
    zpfinldczndc.png
  • oneuproadoneuproad Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    How are you planing/going to address the 3rd party users, hackers who are not flagged/caught by your inbuilt systems?

i.e.: Plenty of games I have seen for example speed hackers and they never got banned, even if the recorded footages were stupidly obvious.

Or 3rd party users, quick example of it: A person gets debuffed the 3rd party reads the chat/debuff and instantly uses the cleanse skill/item of the debuffed player without any input from the person.
  • Are there plans to launch systems/features in "bare-bones" states that will be fleshed out over time or will they be launched completely as advertised?

This has become an issue I have seen in recent game launches with the excuse that its "more content" when it is just them promising a full feature but only scratching the surface initially. This usually causes it to come out in a poor, buggy state that takes years to improve on or is left to rot.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • A question about your staffing:

Are there programs other than the Unreal Engine that you like your interns to have familiarity with, in relation to game development?

• JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is the limit of items we can put on sale on the different auction houses? 20,40,100?
  • when will you discuss about the challenges + design of specific skill trees and how they combine different archetypes ? As one of the biggest parts of AoC i would love to to know when it would be implemented or at least discussed
  • About the PvP system, it feels like tanks are not really "pull and control" classes, is there any change coming from it ? and if not is there going to be the equivalent for crowd controls
  • ZannyZanny Member
    edited April 2022
    How many narrative quests do you plan to have in the game at launch and will the rewards have great utility items instead of โ€œgearโ€ focused?
  • EmberstoneEmberstone Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Is it possible to hear the conclusions taken from dev discussion threads? For example the "Spies and double agents" thread or the "Ideal class" thread?
    ftcm67938qg3.gif
  • Riley RainRiley Rain Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    With regards to roleplaying, will we see a custom text chat command like /e or /emote?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Village nodes and higher level nodes give out certificates for freeholds to be placed in their ZOI. If I place my freehold in a vassal node, can I get citizenship in the parent node?
    bRVL6TR.png

• For those of us PvE raiders who aren't really into the idea of open world PvEvP raids, will there be instanced raids we can do that drop near BiS loot (since BiS is reserved for open world)? Or will there maybe be some open world raids with mechanics that lock the boss fight to one group at a time? While I am open to trying PvEvP raids, I prefer mechanically challenging PvE raids and am wondering if there will be content for those like me with decent rewards?
  • EvaolanEvaolan Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a custom emote channel, like/e or /emote or something, for roleplay?
  • what measures will you take to avoid cheaters and multiboxing?
    Novus ordo seclorum
  • Are you guys planning in far future to implement some new cool features similar to other games, to keep and maintain interest of the players?
  • We've seen players challenge the normality on how to level up in previous MMOs, is it possible to reach max level without killing anything and or becoming a pacifist player?
  • Will the Moon(s) affect the tide levels during the day/night/moon cycle as seasons pass?
    It could make for interesting navigation, gathering, exploration, and discovery opportunities!
  • Lark WyllLark Wyll Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Chances we will be able to name ships and paint them on somewhere? How about flags for guild or to raise the black when the time is right?
    u3usdraa7gs1.png

• If the game isn't alt friendly is there going to be a way to change your characters archtype or artisan choice? And how would that work with levels gained, quest progression?
    4j77rht0o8xo.gif