Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, April 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• BaddiNaddiBaddiNaddi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Will there be any systems in place to make it so nodes not near the gateways have a chance at becoming Metropolises? Without anything in place I imagine that the initial swarm of players in the first days/weeks will lead to higher traffic in said areas, causing rapid growth that further nodes can't compete with.
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    edited April 2022
    About the bounty hunter system, is there any new information, systems or perks you're planning to introduce or we are watching a finished product regarding this specific matter?
    giphy.gif
  • As you need to be on land to summon a ship, if a ship is destroyed whilst out at sea will the player need to slowly swim back to shore?
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have not heard any info about Scribes in a long time; are Scribes still a potential crafting profession of equivalent impact and complexity to other crafting professions?
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Ashes of Creation have a good system for dealing with bots and gold sellers? All modern MMOs I play now are swarming with them and it seems as if different dev teams are having trouble dealing with this problematic behavior.
  • I want to know if the PvE content is going to be released. When we did the Kickstarter we asked before pledging if there was going to be a way to not participate in the PvP and we were told that there was. This does not currently appear to be the case.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 2022
    In regards to combat, what changes are you currently discussing or testing internally that makes the combat we can expect in Alpha 2 different from the combat we had in Alpha 1?
    nI17Ea4.png
  • KamikKamik Member
    Will we see an overhaul to an ai’s behavior anytime soon? (Making them more humanistic and free)
  • When a player goes to hire NPC's to guard their caravan, do they hire generic NPC titles like Warrior/Archer/Mage/cleric, get a random assortment of NPC's or actually get to hire Archetyped NPC's like Tank/Summoner/Cleric?

My name rhymes with "Feather"
  • I want more info on the bard, I imagine there will be guilds, but will there be BANDS!?
  • Regarding leveling, will each node have a complete and unique path for a player to get to max level?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • Will you be allowing addons/mods/third party apps to allow for more personalized player experience? ?
  • Do you intend to add Lore animations/sounds/names to spells / abilities such as voice lines like "Expecto Patronum" from Harry Potter (voice), "Melf's Acid Arrow" from D&D (name) or in-game animations that show a lore attachment (Such as a Cleric's God's Holy Symbol appearing above their head).
  • ValloVallo Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How are you preventing "zerging" e.g. having huge guilds that just control everything by splitting themselves into a lot of smaller guilds that cooperate outside of the game to gain benefits in the game? How will the world promote conflict and prevent those Zergs from forming? e.g. forced conflicts by the game world between guilds?
  • Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When will we be able to see a day and night cycle combined with weather effects?
  • RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What kind of limitations will there be on Siege Summons? Such as cooldowns, the number available per archetype, the number that can be active in a Siege, and the game modes they can or cannot be used in?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will it be possible to be a traveling merchant and could it be able to level as such?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Did you have to cut any content from the project already, and if you did, which were you saddest about having to cut?
  • Where do you see the potential of the character going lore wise in the world of the game.
    Will we become recognized as great warriors, or maybe one day becoming similar to the gods...like demi gods?
    Saturn_Aurora.png
  • AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Can you please share more of your ideas/concerns about the balance between doing complete alpha/beta testing vs. letting all the mysteries of the game leak out during these early phases?
  • JTKJTK Member
    My daughter has loved all of the Ashes of Creation updates and is very excited for us to play this game as a family. With that in mind, what parental control and family options will be available?

Can I link my account to hers so I can manage her account as a child? Can I limit the world chat interactions she can have? Can I set limits on her playing time in game?

Thanks so much!
  • Can you use cosmetic skins for crossbred mounts? For example, if you crossbreed a lion and a tiger mounts can you still use a lion cosmetic skin for this crossbred mount?
  • CefynCefyn Member
    Thank you Intrepid for your awesome work on AoC :)

I really love the colourful concept art for the assets and the world, but they look desaturated and greyish in game, not quite true to its colourful concept. Are the world assets final or would you be revising them at a later date?
  • LeviojimaLeviojima Member
    edited April 2022
    Hello, my question is simple but I would like it to be answered on screen for transparency sake. It has been over a year now since a substantial release on any class information even though our 4th class was suppose to be ready for Alpha 1 with some minor fixes (Bow glitch). When can we expect to see more information on classes since this is a burning question in the community (much more than seeing the character creator footage even if it is high quality)?

[I am not asking for information just a timeline Intrepid would like to hit before they feel comfortable releasing more information to prevent players from burning out. Example: After we finish showing off the character creator, have revealed the combat rework, and have released the A2 we will begin showing off classes again. This has been an issue with the transparent development and marketing for a while in my opinion. We are suppose to be watching the game come together but we never actually know what is being worked on or what priorities are for development.]
    2cuMn4T.png
  • Will there be corruption forgiveness mechanics for cleansing Verra of potential bots through lethal combat?
  • I like fireballs that go boom, I like fireballs that turn from red to blue, so with that said, here is a simple question for you. Will unique cosmetics ever exist that change the animation or color of certain spells or abilities?
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• controller support?
  • MycologyMycology Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    I was wondering if you would be open to the consideration of going "Tab target focused" for combat, but have X amount of spells be "high reward skill shots". This would give you the opportunity to have the smooth combat of tab targeting, but gripping moments where you are going to need to aim and hit that important spell. (Maybe some type of over the shoulder Zoom in? AoE ground targetting would not be considered a "skill shot")

I think this would be a really nice implementation and set the "hybrid style" you guys are looking for. Stay safe!
  • MycologyMycology Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2022
    Artifact71 wrote: »
    controller support?

I'm not sure if this is really a primary focus homie, MMO's are traditionally played on Keyboard because of all the hotkeys. I had a WoW guildie who played with a PS4 controller and he could not keep up with anyone in PvP due to the limitations of what you can do, he eventually saw the skill gap and changed to keyboard/mouse and caught up pretty quickly to the average PvP level within the guild.
  • Will all armor cosmetic skins be able to go onto any type of armor, like can i make my cloth gear have the appearance of heavy plate?