Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Loot!

What do you think guys the loot should be? I think it should be like as WoW, there a some better weapons and armours with unique name rather that everything looks and has the same stats than others. It gives the loot more meaning when its named than something that is some kinda repeatable text that pops up time by time. Do you guys like the casual non intersting loot or HAMMER OF COOLNESS!

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    There won't be much loot. Most weapons and armour will be crafted. Components used to create items will determine stats. On top of that you have enchantments.

Thank you,
    Neurath.

Edit: spelling mistakes
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    I'm an L2 simp so I wanna grind mobs for 50h dropping 1/16th of a gear piece once every 5-6h and maaaaaaybe dropping a full gear piece once a week. And considering that crafting will be one of the main sources of gear - I feel like my preference will be quite close to the Ashes' reality.
  • SnafuSnafu Member
    Neurath wrote: »
    There won't be much loot. Most weapons and armour will be crafted. Components used to create items will determine stats. On top of that you have enchantments.

Thank you,
    Neurath.

Really man? Thanks for the info. Oh well, lets hope that we can make some unique weapons that stand out. Feels kinda sad if its only generic crafting gear without anything special.
  • SnafuSnafu Member
    NiKr wrote: »
    I'm an L2 simp so I wanna grind mobs for 50h dropping 1/16th of a gear piece once every 5-6h and maaaaaaybe dropping a full gear piece once a week. And considering that crafting will be one of the main sources of gear - I feel like my preference will be quite close to the Ashes' reality.

Then you go PK someone and drop your gear ;)
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    edited May 2022
    Snafu wrote: »
    Then you go PK someone and drop your gear ;)
    That will highly depend on how long/expensive the PK count reduction process is. I do plan on PKing people for grind spots (if there even are any, cause Intrepid somehow promise to not have grinding), but I'll be trying to reduce the count as much as possible as often as possible.

That being said, I do want that process to be very long and quite expensive.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Neurath wrote: »

Thank you,
    Neurath.

Really man? Thanks for the info. Oh well, lets hope that we can make some unique weapons that stand out. Feels kinda sad if its only generic crafting gear without anything special.

It won't be. Crafters will be able to fine tune and greatly influence what they make. Read the Wiki page on crafting.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting

Note that we don't know that "most" weapons and armor will be crafted, that's an assumption. We've been told that crafted items will be on par with items dropped by bosses. So if anything, it might be a 50/50 situation. Or it might be more dropped gear, or more crafted. I think it's impossible to say at this point.

Hhak63P.png
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Atama wrote: »
    Note that we don't know that "most" weapons and armor will be crafted, that's an assumption. We've been told that crafted items will be on par with items dropped by bosses. So if anything, it might be a 50/50 situation. Or it might be more dropped gear, or more crafted. I think it's impossible to say at this point.
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record I must say this, L2's bosses would drop full pieces of gear and mats for crafting those same pieces of gear. The craft itself required a recipe (which were rare and expensive) and quite a bit of other resources, but having the mats would already give you a good start, which is why people fought over bosses.

There's a chance that Steven meant smth similar to that system, where the boss drops are pretty much same as crafted stuff. Maybe there's some differences in stats/passive abilities, because one can be tuned by the crafter and the other just drops, but the rough powerlvl is similar.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    Atama wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record I must say this, L2's bosses would drop full pieces of gear and mats for crafting those same pieces of gear. The craft itself required a recipe (which were rare and expensive) and quite a bit of other resources, but having the mats would already give you a good start, which is why people fought over bosses.

There's a chance that Steven meant smth similar to that system, where the boss drops are pretty much same as crafted stuff. Maybe there's some differences in stats/passive abilities, because one can be tuned by the crafter and the other just drops, but the rough powerlvl is similar.

If that's how it will work in Ashes, that seems pretty cool. I know that L2 is a huge influence on much of what they are doing here (as well as ArcheAge and Star Wars Galaxies, and a few others).

Hhak63P.png
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2022
    Maybe there's some differences in stats/passive abilities, because one can be tuned by the crafter and the other just drops, but the rough powerlvl is similar.

This is my impression. Early on they talked about about crafters having a lot of options to customize the stats and abilities on gear. It's my understanding that "item level" wise, crafted gear will be the same strength as dropped gear but crafted gear will be able to be a lot more tailored.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    There's a chance that Steven meant smth similar to that system, where the boss drops are pretty much same as crafted stuff.
    The way it worked in Archeage (the only game that seems to be influencing Ashes more than L2) is that players would have to gather components from a number of bosses (instanced bosses, event bosses and lesser world bosses) in order to craft gear, but the two or three top end world bosses would also drop gear that was different to but about on par with the top end crafted gear - as well as components for some of that crafted gear.

I would expect something in between these two designs, but with the added dimension of SWG's crafting component stats thrown in as well.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Looting

Loot tables of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items).[9][10] Monsters drop hunting certificates, Items and crafting materials rather than gold.[11][12]

There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.[9][13][14]
    There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.[15]
    Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.[16]
    Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.[17]
    Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.[18]
    Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.[19]
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • SnafuSnafu Member
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Looting

Loot tables of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items).[9][10] Monsters drop hunting certificates, Items and crafting materials rather than gold.[11][12]

There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.[9][13][14]
    There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.[15]
    Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.[16]
    Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.[17]
    Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.[18]
    Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.[19]

Thanks for clearing this out!

I still hope there will be more unique loot that everyone wont get so easily.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is supposed to be.
    Check out the page and watch the videos. Some of them are streamers interviewing Steven.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • BracuBracu Member

I still hope there will be more unique loot that everyone wont get so easily.

my fair guess is, that there will be a good amount of " generic crafted items " as you said, but that only makes those rare unique loot pieces stand out even more!

Have you read Stevens point on legendary Items? some of those will only be obtained by a few people per server!

I am really excited what they will come up with, as my idea is to be a Leatherworker and Hunter in the woods
    AoC hype
  • SnowjadeSnowjade Member
    edited May 2022
    If they styalized crafted weapons after the race of the creator i will forgoe cool loot.