Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, May 27, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• AlmidarAlmidar Member
    How will the players power level be handled in the overworld at max level? If I have decent gear will it be more akin to WoW where you can basically steamroll every mob and even solo elites/bosses (as a tank usually) or more like Guild Wars 2 where you can still get beaten by single mob even with full exotic gear?
  • DakHakDakHak Member
    A question about mounts:

Will we have amphibious mounts? For example a sea turtle that can swim and walk on land?

p.s. Please make a sea turtle.
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the tulnar be able to withstand the sunlight or will they have a penalty?
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • What if I am an elf, or a human, but I like orc aesthetic? Can I choose if my house, for example, looks like other race's house?
  • When a player goes to hire NPC's to guard their caravan, do they hire generic NPC titles like Warrior/Archer/Mage/cleric, get a random assortment of NPC's or actually get to hire Archetyped NPC's like Tank/Summoner/Cleric?

My name rhymes with "Feather"
  • RunehktRunehkt Member
    As a crafting main can we get more details on the actual mechanics of this? Ex: step by step process to make items/equipment.
    The best crafting system I've seen so far in a game is new world's.
  • RunehktRunehkt Member
    DakHak wrote: ยป
    A question about mounts:

Will we have amphibious mounts? For example a sea turtle that can swim and walk on land?

p.s. Please make a sea turtle.

They confirmed this yes ๐Ÿ‘
  • RunehktRunehkt Member
    Any opinions on flying bases/ships? Base ships?
  • HakaijuHakaiju Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2022
    Does the same legendary gear piece drop with different level requirements?
  • KovrmKovrm Member
    Theyss wrote: ยป
    Will you have specific servers for Roleplayers aka RP Servers so the Roleplaying community can gather in one or two?

Nope.
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • Exploration.

Q1: will there be an explorer profession? I see cartographer mentioned. Can this be combined?

Q: Is it possible to implement a way to take in-game screenshots that becomes a sketch in-game I can mail as an item to a friend in game? Like exploration correspondence? By bird maybe?

Q: is it possible to add a library in my home so I can store books and images of my travels? Would these be destroyed when lost land due to node changes?

Q: can explorers make a physical, temporary camp? This can leave traces for PVPers to track me down, or in middle of night a weary traveler can join my camp for safety and share a meal.

Q: Can I have a tent for bad weather?

Many thanks.
  • Still awaiting a straight answer on this:

Will the freehold cosmetic be able to be applied to any building, or just specific building types?

Last update on this was Feb 2021; it's been over a year and the last we got was from LieutenantToast "I shared an update on this for folks back in December's reply, and we're continuing to work with the design team to provide you updates on which types of freehold buildings each of the previously-available cosmetics can be applied to!"
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Can a Corrupted Player use the Family Summon system to call their Family?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1) What were the parent races of the Toren?

2) What planet did the Ancients originally come from?

3) Will we ever be able to revisit Sanctus?
  • AnarionAnarion Member
    Would there be any chance to get a project plan alike status towards alpha-2, but without dates ?
    i.e. What was planned, what is done, what is ongoing, what is remaining. Without any timeline nor expected effort, but just to give a sense of progress ? Possibly with a notice explaining that the list of remaining items may evolve over time as development progresses.
  • MycologyMycology Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How is the Caravan System coming along?
  • Will armor, weapons, back pieces and saddles be dyeable? And if so to what extent?
  • SoltysSoltys Member
    edited May 2022
    Did you guys think about mob scaling system like in silkroad ?. It's about random mob spawns with improved stats(party, giant, etc...) if players were in party or even without it. For example, if mob spawns that has party icon/prefix it had improved stats based on party size. Giant variant could also spawn, they were just scalled mob model that will look 200/300% bigger with also improved stats. Maybe it will be good idea to do something like that too?.
  • How will you manage the chaos of having mostly open-world story content with PvP and grief mechanics while everyone attempts to progress? Will there be incentive to work with other groups as opposed to against them? Thanks as always for everything you guys do! <3
  • ELRYNOELRYNO Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are there any plans to have places of power that a player needs to be present at in order to craft/enchant items? E.G a Rune Forge or an Ancient Temple?
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One of the character hair colors I use fairly often is a relatively light pink. Will this hair color be restricted to a particular dye or race in ashes?
  • edited May 2022
    Other than the Corruption System in Ashes of Creation which is an inspiration from Lineage 2 Karma system and possible enchanting system, what other system or concepts present in Lineage 2, we may expect as inspirations in Ashes of Creation?
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • In Naval combat, will a player gain corruption for destroying a player owned ship and will the corruption affect the damage their ship can do?
  • GrandSerpentGrandSerpent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will all cooking fall within the Crafting artisan path, or will some aspects of it fall under Processing instead?
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How are you going to control an ability, class or any other meta from being absolute "Best In Slot" that makes playing other classes or using other sub-optimal skills considered a meme?

Example: In WoW Vanilla/Classic, going Retribution Paladin or Feral Druid was considered a meme so everyone laughed at people who went those classes.

You stop this by building proper classes and not memes of a strategy game. How can you balance a fight between two identical classes with 2 different skill trees active? This is 2 classes in one framework, not one class with 2 options.

You should not have cookie cutting because the class should be functional and viable in pvx from base.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • MycologyMycology Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In a climate of "Min-Maxing" amongst gamers, how will you keep "Fresh discovery" on the table when all of the content will have been tested, revealed, and already player optimized for launch day?
  • DisobedientDisobedient Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Why does Steven always drink water out of a wine glass?
  • how will those that try to abuse game mechanics luring and other forms of scams be handled and what level of proof do you need before you contact a GM
    animated_flag.gif?ex=65e4cf56&is=65d25a56&hm=50114975e9baf8e739b5a5352418a0470b66437b8641ba05c7ebfd184d8ee79d&=&width=2173&height=780
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Just a friendly reminder for those coming to leave their questions (and perhaps those who already have!)

In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)

^_^
    community_management.gif
  • SorfSorf Member
    How will ground target spells like the cleric heal "Hallowed Ground" work under water, with no ground to put the spell on.
    w9aa773ktwxd.gif