Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

We need PVE servers here's why

No we dont need PVE servers, get baited.

This is a pvx game, pvp and pve are the core of this game, every system is designed with pvp/pve in mind.
You cant avoid pvp in this game.

Most people think they will be killed all the time by players. That wont happen there are system to prevent constant PK unlike vanilla wow.

Will you get killed in the Open World sometimes? Yes
Will you get ganked in open world dungeons and raids sometimes? Yes
Will you have the freedom to do whatever you want in game? BIG YES

There are risks and rewards in this game. If Frodo went to Mordor in a PVE server would that be fun?NO

This is not about being casual or hardcore, its about freedom. You can PVE only in this game, but expect to be forced into pvp sometimes. But dont come here and ask for PVE servers or a way to avoid pvp when pvp is a core system.

Alpha 2 is meant to test stuff, the PK system will be tested and balanced, so dont ask for reworks or to remove it without it being tested. This is a pvx game stop trying to make it a pve only game please.

Its like going to McDonalds and ask for Pizza because you dont like hamburgers, makes no sense.

Comments

• NiKrNiKr Member
    126qilsrhfk5.png
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    You had me at "No" :D
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I was coming in hot
  • ShileeShilee Member
    I opened this page like "here we go again" ready to argue with someone on the forums a6dheijfc9t2.png
    ip85fpf98y0y.png
  • NorkoreNorkore Member
    edited June 2022
    Holy shit I almost got giga baited.
  • CawwCaww Member
    I see what you did there.... very unfair
  • t2wpi6veewe5.jpg
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Norkore wrote: »

Almost?! Boy, you're here like the rest of us. Don't be embarrassed.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • BobTheMagicalFishBobTheMagicalFish Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    Norkore wrote: »

You're not alone lmao. I was getting ready to type some angry words when I saw the title!
  • Redcap_GoblinRedcap_Goblin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tenor.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Keyozen wrote: »

This is a pvx game, pvp and pve are the core of this game, every system is designed with pvp/pve in mind.

Most people think they will be killed all the time by players. That wont happen there are system to prevent constant PK unlike vanilla wow.

There are risks and rewards in this game. If Frodo went to Mordor in a PVE server would that be fun?NO

This is not about being casual or hardcore, its about freedom. You can PVE only in this game, but expect to be forced into pvp sometimes. But dont come here and ask for PVE servers or a way to avoid pvp when pvp is a core system.

Alpha 2 is meant to test stuff, the PK system will be tested and balanced, so dont ask for reworks or to remove it without it being tested. This is a pvx game stop trying to make it a pve only game please.

Its like going to McDonalds and ask for Pizza because you dont like hamburgers, makes no sense.
    Um. No. It would be like going to McDonalds and ordering chicken because you don't like hamburgers.
    Better analogy might be going to Pizza Hut and ordering a pizza with no cheese because you don't like cheese.
    edited June 2022
    Yes. They exist.
    Pizza without sauce is more popular.
  • This kind of unnecessary bragging is actually equally lame as for asking PvE servers.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2022
    Dygz wrote: »
    Keyozen wrote: »

Um. No. It would be like going to McDonalds and ordering chicken because you don't like hamburgers.
    Better analogy might be going to Pizza Hut and ordering a pizza with no cheese because you don't like cheese.

I dont like your analogies. You use them to fashion a case for your dislike of real mmo pvp.
    An open world pvp mmo isnt a pizza place where you can pick and choose your toppings freely.
    LMAO
    None of these analogies have anything to do with whether or not I like PvP.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Agreed - aaaand I still want pizza.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Had me like
    gDj3rLm.gif
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited June 2022
    Otr wrote: »
    Do pizzas without cheese exist?

I once had to make one without cheese or toppings, cos the kid eating it didn't like anything on his pizza except tomato sauce. He thought it was the best thing ever.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ketchup on bread sounds horrifying :s
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Am I there only one that doesn't think it matters if they do have PvE servers?

Honestly how would that effect the people on the PvP servers at all?
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Am I there only one that doesn't think it matters if they do have PvE servers?

You would not be there for me to PK :/
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Liniker wrote: »

You would not be there for me to PK :/

I'm sorry you have to go find someone who actually PvPs instead?
    Isn't that why everyone wants a PVP game? To actually have a challenge? If you just want to stomp bots just do PvE... 😆
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2022

Only reason i argue against it is most people's experience with open pvp comes from games like wow where it servered no purpose and was more of a little things the devs allowed then part of the game. They will choose a server based off that experience in another game instead of understanding it's role in the game or how the system will change their overall experience.

The flagging system is an intended part of the game and i'd rather people experience before we make make servers that shift away from the games original design.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm sorry you have to go find someone who actually PvPs instead?
    Isn't that why everyone wants a PVP game? To actually have a challenge? If you just want to stomp bots just do PvE... 😆

Nah, I just like to PK people that come to a game and ask the devs to change their whole game design just to cater to their personal preferences :D

Theres no PvP or PvE servers, Ashes is a PvX game and that's how all the systems are planned around, if you remove PvP the game is completely broken - Unless you want them to take 2 extra years and delay the launch, to redo the whole game so they can have PvE servers with completely different systems and rules, which is also a ridiculous request.

Theres plenty of PvE games out there
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • NiKrNiKr Member

The main problem I see is that most people will just go to pve servers just because they're used to doing so. And with most people playing on pve servers you'll barely have anyone on pvp ones. Even if we forget about how most mechanics in the game wouldn't work properly on a pve server, the game needs population to be the best itself it can be. And with pve servers you're dooming all the pvp ones to just die out.
    If it didn't detract from development time, I would love to see one "PvE Server" just to see what it looks like.
    Even just to prove to people that it won't work.
    edited June 2022
    NiKr wrote: »
    The main problem I see is that most people will just go to pve servers just because they're used to doing so. And with most people playing on pve servers you'll barely have anyone on pvp ones. Even if we forget about how most mechanics in the game wouldn't work properly on a pve server, the game needs population to be the best itself it can be. And with pve servers you're dooming all the pvp ones to just die out.
    If Corruption works as intended, there should still be plenty of folk on PvX servers.

(And, I guess, if we were going to have one "PvE Server" we should also have one No Corruption Server)
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    If Corruption works as intended, there should still be plenty of folk on PvX servers.

(And, I guess, if we were going to have one "PvE Server" we should also have one No Corruption Server)
    I'd assume PvE server would mean no corruption or any owpvp flagging at all.
    Maybe both would be no flagging and no Corruption? Technically?
  • Am I there only one that doesn't think it matters if they do have PvE servers?

Game isn't just designed for pve, and players with the wrong perception of pvp with be more inclined to do pve without giving things a thought or chance. If something is designed a certain way and you try to split the pvp and pve there will be complains from either side "Need more pve stuff, Need more pvp stuff and the pve changes are ruining the pvp elements."

If the game has a certain focus its better for people to be introduced into it fairly and understand the fun and social elements within having both the pve and pvp together. Which as the game is designed for it is a lot more heathy to be growing on both fronts then trying to split people up. For the people that say they won't play because of pvp and they will get ganked 24/7 and most likely people that wouldn't play to begin with because what they are saying is not realistic of general pvp. There is always some kind of limit that prevents mass killing, so it won't be like old games like shadowbane and im sure the world will be big enough as well.