Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suddenly unable to stay logged in to forums

SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited June 2022 in Support & FAQ
In the past, I was able to remain logged in to forums and generally visit throughout the day or even pick up where I left off when I went to bed. Since the recent maintenance downtime, I have been unable to remain logged in for more than about 30 minutes of inactivity.

I have one computer that has not been logged out since before the maintenance and does not have this problem but my other computer and my phone both have very relatively short session limits.

Is this specific to me? If so, what can I do to resolve it? If not, please increase the forum login session limit back closer to where it was before maintenance. Particularly for users with MFA, it's troublesome to log in on every visit, just to be able to keep track of what threads are unread.

1. It started after first recent maintenance window.
2. Before this my sessions always lasted for more than a day.
3. It has only affected devices that have been logged out at some point since maintenance.
4. I have cleared my cookies and site data several times.
5. I use Firefox.
6. All my devices (including the one that has never been logged out) are on the same sync profile.
7. Nothing else changed about my browser.

As a particularly exciting bonus, in the 3-4 minutes it took me to type this after navigating to this page, I was logged out and unable to post it...

Comments

• ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Hey there, this is a known bug that has been around for a few days now. As far as I'm aware, there's currently nothing you can do on your end to fix this. The team is aware of that and will, if possible, fix it with the next scheduled website maintenance. Thank you for your patience.

I'm closing this thread now, but please feel free to reach out again if you have any more questions!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.