Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited July 2022 in Announcements
QA-1920__2_.gif

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream.

In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
community_management.gif

Comments

• Will gear for Artisans be strong enough for a player to defend against an equal level player who is in combat gear?
  • Will mobs be able to buff each other when grouped up? Like an NPC bard buffing its allies.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Will players or maybe guild leaders be able to select the color palette for their default player appearances in massive battles where this is necessary?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • ElwendryllElwendryll Member
    edited June 2022
    Last stream you mentioned "helping the boats" with the wind, maybe it was just a joke, but could you tell a bit more about what you have in mind for the navigation system?
  • Will all armor cosmetic skins be able to go onto any type of armor, like can i make my cloth gear have the appearance of heavy plate?
  • HjerimHjerim Member, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Will seasons affect all cosmetics? Like the animals on a carriage that perhaps changes colour like you showed in the Tech Demo, or Freeholds which might be covered in snow or not, depending on the season?
  • NorththemageNorththemage Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are there any plans to have wind in sailing? I love sailing and having it be wind based is a really cool way of allowing captain skill expression
  • EvonyxEvonyx Member
    Can we showcase our earned mounts in our housing area, for example - if we have a garden, can i put my horse collection in there?
    ciqtyov4mahu.png
  • ChaosFactorChaosFactor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What forms of representation will you have for your guild or family? Will there be banners available for your freehold, or perhaps a Node that you're currently in control of? Perhaps if you have an in game emblem system, every single emblem option also comes with a tattoo?
    ej8s4cu9gp1n.png
  • ebikoebiko Member
    edited June 2022
    Since you probably wont support Linux OOB, I hope for a working Wine Integration for it to work on Linux as well. Since i remember that Apocalypse did require an NTFS - formatted hard drive to be installed here the Question:
    Will Ashes of Creation also (Hardcoded) require NTFS as Apocalypse did ?

Reason:
    SInce i'm on linux, my drives are formatted in EXT4 formatting, to be better compatible to Linux file systems.
    Even if the game would work in Wine, i would need to reformat one of my drives to NTFS, which i wouldnt like to do. If its not a absolutely needed requirement, i'd kindly ask you to try to drop it, for linux users to be able to maybe use wine to play it. (Also depends on Anti-Cheat, which i have no idea of at the time of this Question. )
  • urbanmythurbanmyth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Now that we have dynamic seasons and weather, will mages be able to influence the weather with spells? For instance making it rain in a localized area for a brief time or attempting to stop a rain shower for an outdoor event?
    I can also see this being useful during wars and sieges. Need some fog for gathering an army? No problem, grab a weather mage. This could also become a mini-war for opposing mages. Get rid of that fog somehow. A contest of magic.
  • SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If a martial dps archtype takes a magical dps secondary archtype, (for example rogue + mage = nightspell) how will the scaling of that classes dps work. Will it scale off of physical stats, magical stats, or both?
  • 10kColdNights10kColdNights Member
    edited June 2022
    What will be the goals/expectations/progression of Alpha 2? I believe it was previously stated that it will be a continuous Alpha until the Beta's are ready for release. Are you hoping to start Alpha 2 off for mostly performance testing as well as limited functionality of larger systems and eventually refine those systems towards what would be expected in betas traditionally? Or, are you hoping to have many of the planned intricate systems in place already on the release of Alpha 2 for players to help test out right away?
  • Kiwi_Kiwi_ Member
    edited June 2022
    so with the most recent dev discussion going on, what are/were your plans so far for the color/dye system?
  • What kind of post-launch content/support will there be?
  • NostraNostra Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We have not heard any info about Scribes in a long time, could you please describe how the Scribe profession going to be equivalent in value and complexity to other crafting professions?
  • ConoCono Member
    People were seriously impressed by the seasonal system in ashes, but this has also generated more worry about how ambitious you guys at intrepid are being. What is the team at intrepid doing to avoid scope and feature creep.
  • arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited June 2022
    Hi Vaknar! The last time you confirmed that Intrepid considers testing combat before A2 in a spottest.
    Is Intrepid ready to share more infos like the game mode?
  • What are some of the team's plans or ideas for the Metro power of the Military node?
    Stag_Head_Signature6.png?width=814&height=363
  • Popular games seem to come with well-known mascots, such as evil Mudcrabs or adorable Moogles and Chocobos. Can we expect Ashes of Creation to have their very own mascot?
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• MikosMikos Member
    Can we get some more info on the fishing lifeskill? Is it going to be a group lifeskill, is it gonna evolve risk/pvp. Are we getting a fishing boat? if yes what is the boat going to be used for? Steven said he likes fishing irl as well, so we hopefully fishing is gonna be special in Ashes.
  • FrameenFrameen Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In the taming profession, once a creature is successfully tamed, will you get an item in your inventory representing the creature? Or will the actual creature follow you around tethered by a lead until you store it at your home node or freehold?

I know this could pose a problem if a tamer has tamed loads of creature in one single run, it would look awkward having 40 animals following one person, but I think if maybe certain very rare creatures exclusively had this feature. It would add a really cool aspect if you see a tamer with a super rare tame triumphantly leading it through town.
  • one idea/question i had for the game. how likely are we to have rare mobs and unique drops from rare mobs or encounters. one of my favorite aspect of WOW was being out questing and seeing a special mob ive never seen before and seeing that silver dragon border always got me super excited and the chest after the fact was always a dipmein booster. So how do you guys feel about adding rare speical encounters and i mean really rare. Like a speical building or mine opens up in an area their wasnt one before that has either a rare chace to have a speical mob in it or just have a special mob that actually drops rare loot, i wouldnt make it like a broken item or anthing. even if it was just a really cool looking weapon or armor you could use for transmog or a really really low chance at something really special like an insta tamer or w/e idk i just would really like to see super rare encounters with unique loot
  • A lot of pvp games suffer from 1 clan or alliance of clans taking over a server and monopolizing the resources. When left unchecked, this can lead to people not being willing to oppose that faction, or quitting the game completely.

So, do you have a plan for how you will handle this situation if/when this occurs. And what are your views on keeping things competitive in the open world pvp space.
  • Sago65Sago65 Member
    Will the crops and livestock available for farming be the same between nodes (assuming they are in the same season)?
  • Any updates on the possibility of SA servers?
  • HexcatHexcat Member
    Can we customize the color, vfx or other characteristics of our spells and/or abilities using ítems in the game?
    giphy.gif
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    edited June 2022
    If a guild were to forgo any guild member expansion and funneled all guild talent points into offensive perks - what % stronger do you envisage that a smaller guild would be vs a guild that went all in on guild expansion?

For example - a group of 10 from a small guild with pure combat bonuses, against an "equally numbered" group of 10 from a large guild.
  • Can different religions convert eachother's temples?

• Are there any plans for more dev blogs? The streams/videos are nice for showing off graphics and combat, but I like the written format better when talking about rules and systems.