Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Will all armor cosmetic skins be able to go onto any type of armor, like can i make my cloth gear have the appearance of heavy plate?

That has been confirmed - players will have an icon next to their name to indicate what kind of armor they are in reality wearing however.
  • Can you provide more info as to which cosmetics the different freehold buildings in the packs will match?
  • VissoxVissox Member
    Often times "Celebrity" players will amass large amounts of people under a single cause that most people would be unable to obtain. Are there any ways you plan on stopping asmongold from flattening me with a horde of people in PVP that may be operating with the power of smaller guilds in a single unit? The goal being not to decrease his fun, but assure mine.
  • sheepssheeps Member
    edited June 2022
    Sieges
    During node and castle sieges, how does respawning work? Are there a limited number of respawns? Can respawn points be deactivated by the enemy team?

Guilds
    Given the mechanics to help small guilds thrive, what is stopping a large guild from sharding themselves into several smaller guilds and using external tools to communicate?

Music
    How will node ambient music work? Will each node have different music? Will the music that plays be random? Determined by the race that predominantly founded the node? Chosen by the mayor?

• Question about Healers:

How much damage will healers be able to do? Will they be able to solo all content other classes can solo? Will they be able to do decent dps during boss encounters or will their role be to just heal and not so much about doing damage?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    do you plan another alpha one test for the new battle system? before planning the alpha two launch
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • if my guild or group friend is too close to me during the fight will they take damage or do you have a system to prevent them from being hit
    Novus ordo seclorum
  • Do you expect most players who want a freehold to be able to get one, or will they be prestige symbols owned by a small fraction of players?
  • GizmowGizmow Member
    With the large scope of the project that Intrepid is promising, is there a feeling in the studio that the community may expect AoC to fix too much of what has been wrong with the MMO genre these past years?
  • KamikKamik Member
    Are there any plans/thoughts on having most attacks actually hit the PC (ex: souls-like combat) rather than having the attacks hit systematically from afar?
  • I just need to double check a few things, could you send my a link and log in to the current test client? Cheers ;)
    Join The Casual Conspiracy
    https://discord.gg/Rs5cwrYwst
  • ZettrexZettrex Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Will there be rolldodge in the updated combat system?

- Rolldodge is really anoying if you can burito-roll contantly
    - rolldodging should not work on aoe abilities.
    - it makes tab combat rules wierd. But works well in action combat.
    - if it is, please look into adding a 3rd resource "energy" where any (blink/leap ability types) use a tiny bit of this resource & rolldodging use significant ammount of this resource (this resource should regen real slow)
  • There have been reports the unreal engine 5 is heavy on CPU usage most games on a budget sacrifice CPU power for GPU power, Can you do anything at your end to shift the load back to the GPU or possible the server to help those who made what has been the logical choice until now.
  • I wanted to understand the role of the steven in the day to day of intreped and how far the developers' autonomy goes both in the art and engineering of creating tools
  • If this is not THAT stream, when are you going to let us know more about character building? archetypes, archetypes combination (and skill modification), that thing you said that each race will play each rol/archetype differently (you said that it'll not be the same being a py'rai tank than a ren'kai one).
  • Are you able to remove/destroy blockages caused by weather changes?
    For example, throwing a fireball at a pile of ice to melt it.
  • What would be the gap in terms of power between a starting player and a player with highest tier of gear. If in scale of 1 to 10, how would you describe it? How significant the difference will be upgrading your gear 1 step further up the chain? Is it massive or small? Are implementations planned in order to battle out snowball factors?
  • Will it be a big variety of weapons and armors??? Will enchants/ranks/tiers or other factors can change the visual or shape of weapon/armor?
  • protostarprotostar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Tradeskill/job question: With the weather improvements, will you be making some items for alchemy/gathering/hunting/fishing only available during specific seasons or weather conditions? Like say you can only catch gravemoles when its raining or can only find starflowers on foggy nights? Snow owls only during winter, and so on...? :)
  • RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is the reason for having friendly player collision?
  • Will there be a system where i could post a personal bounty or use my node of citizenship to hire bounty hunters to kill any players i have any grievance against?

It will be inevitable that I will happen upon someone that i dont like and would lose the fight against them.
    It would be nice to be able to go to the node I'm a citizen of and post a bounty specifically for bounty hunters .
    "500 gold to whomever shall kill BigBob123 for the crimes of too much hot pink on his color palate and for kicking my tail "
    Best to have a pro handle the problem and save me from spamming chat .
  • GarrukGarruk Member
    when it comes to animal husbandry, will there be variations in terms of physical appearance such as bigger bodies, more exaggerated antler growth, or longer horns? Example would be, you go find 2 deer in the forest with big antlers, and you breed those two together for a chance at even bigger antlers? Thank you!
  • ELRYNOELRYNO Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    Are there any plans to have "Skillshot" abilities for both melee & ranged classes that are aimed using a trajectory indicator?

An example of this from the game Spellbreak for clarity:

x8pnime4xbxq.jpg

Edit: Interestingly, Blizzard have just acquired the developers of this game.

• GrandSerpentGrandSerpent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Are the "waterfall stats" seen in Alpha 1 and referenced on the wiki (Power, Wisdom, Mentality) set in stone, or are these still subject to change going forward?
  • NyxxaNyxxa Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be flooding caused by heavy rains, snow melting, or storms with rivers rising and rougher waves on the ocean? If yes, can I assume the opposite with droughts?
    StagAxiomSigCleaned.png
  • Any more/ new information on the content creator program? Where is it at in the process, what to look forward to?
    2edh26ackfsa.png
    The Wolves of Verra
    are recruiting: https://discord.gg/4bFySwxS
  • Considering a player can only master one parent artisan class, with Animal Husbandry and Taming being separated by Processing and Gathering, how will this affect being able to acquire mounts should a player choose to master Animal Husbandry? Will they simply be less efficient at getting certain mounts, or locked out of taming some altogether?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is the experience gain system in Alpha-1 still the intended system, i.e. getting some set XP number for at-level enemies and rapidly increasing returns for being able to defeat enemies 5-7 levels higher than the player?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• abarabar Member
    edited June 2022
    Will the game have an exploration aspect? If so, can you talk about what rewards and mechanics might be associated with it?
  • HandOfUnityHandOfUnity Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will mounts have other discerning features if they are rare besides being able to fly or being the fastest? Such as shiny pokemon are a different colour than usual.
    0viv4khrmh7a.gif