[Website] The Ashes of Creation website will be down for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific.

Estimated downtime is 4 hours. During this time, the shop and account login page will be inaccessible. We'll notify you upon completion.
Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

VRAM usage, core load, RAM usage etc in A1

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Did any of you take note of VRAM usage and CPU core load and balancing, and system RAM usage in A1 at all? I know I took some screenshots and might have posted some on the A1 forum before the posts got nuked, but I must have deleted all but this one below. It basically just shows that running at 4K resolution, the game is heavily GPU limited with a GTX 1080 Ti and a 8700K CPU running a small overclock. Nothing surprising there.

I am particularly interested in the VRAM usage. I know, we can check again in A2, but I was hoping for some numbers for comparison, because of the switch from UE4 to UE5.

fDKMZNf.png

Comments

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    It would be very interesting to see the difference. However, both will be at different levels of optimization between their respective testing phases. So, it might not be a holistically accurate comparison, even if you are able to find the numbers to compare the two!
    community_management.gif
  • SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    I have no screenshots for you, but I know that it barely worked early on on my older laptop with what I am pretty sure was 1GB VRAM, and didn't manage later on due to VRAM limitations on that same PC. Ancient GPU, but data's data.
  • JhorenJhoren Member
    I guess we'll see in A2, but I probably need a new PC for this, so stuff like that would be nice to know.
  • BalanzBalanz Member
    I apologize if this is not the right thread, but this seems like the right people to ask.

Do you believe that the System Requirements listed in the wiki still be sufficient for Alpha 2?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/System_requirements

For me, the cost of Alpha 2 is not just the Pledge, but a gaming PC as well.

Thank you.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Balanz wrote: »
    I apologize if this is not the right thread, but this seems like the right people to ask.

Do you believe that the System Requirements listed in the wiki still be sufficient for Alpha 2?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/System_requirements

For me, the cost of Alpha 2 is not just the Pledge, but a gaming PC as well.

Thank you.

There is a good chance that the system requirements change more than once between Alpha One and the full release of the game <3
    community_management.gif