Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• aphorizemaphorizem Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2022
    I was speaking with Greypelt about Guild Castles and there appears to be a lingering question.

We know Kings/Queens can be Mayor, but can Guilds control multiple Guild Castles at the same time as well?
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    edited June 2022
    accidental repost
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    Voice Over:
    Have there been more talk involving voice over?

Maybe AI voice over for minor quests?
    Paid voice over for raids and larger quest lines?

Introduce a campain for those in the community willing to even volunteer to do voice overs? (if budget and time is the issue)
  • Do you have any more specific information how about secondary archetypes will augment primary archetypes or will all of these be available in Alpha 2 to play around with? Thanks for all your hard work!
  • If I am doing a quest and I get a item that I can only get during the quest and t I need to deliver the item somewhere to finish the quest. Can I lose that item if I get killed in the open world, making me unable to finish the quest and I have to start again or I cant lose quest specific items in pk deaths?
  • GuazeyGuazey Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    When talking about the family system, What will be the cooldown time for either teleporting to a family member or teleporting a family member to you? Once an hour? Once a day?
  • RabbitRabbit Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If there will be objective-based PvP matches, how will you ensure people are playing towards the objectives and not just trolling?

The reason for this question: I'm still playing SWTOR and the game has been taken over by damage monkeys who only care about stats (kills, damage done, etc.) which leaves anyone stuck playing with them frustrated that it's impossible to win a match. Could we, perhaps, block people so that we never have to get grouped with them through match-making, etc.? Whether it's normal group play or PvP matches. There needs to be a way to not be forced into troll groups. Thanks.
    AOSpyaF.png
  • I'm aware the game is in an early state, furthermore, I'm unaware if this has been mentioned before, nonetheless, how will the 'end game' progression be like? For example, Lost Ark's end game is grinding dailies & weeklies to enhance gear to reach a certain ilvl. This made me think, how will it be in Ashes of Creation?
  • During monster coin events, will the hate lists for NPCs restrict or affect the buildings players can target and disable?
  • Hey there, I have a question towards questing, more specifically class specific quest. I wondering if there or can be class specific quests for the adventuring and artisan classes.
    1:Do you plan to implement something like this and if so, would they be quests that don’t hinder the leveling process but give substantial rewards? Such as say a quest for an armor smith to make a special set of armor that when completed has had them make a good set of armor and a substantial amount of XP towards the class.
    2: One last thing would be if anything, when you reach max level in either of the classes a hidden npc be unlocked that would give a quest with a very special reward
    Sorry for the long question(s). I hope you have been having a good day Steve and friends I hope you have fun 🫶🏻
  • When entering a new biome for the first time, will there be some fun visuals/text-animations and general clues given to the player?

E.g.: [Riverlands (lvl range)] with the text floating like water across the top center. and the animation being unique for each biome.
  • DismasDismas Member
    edited June 2022
    Will the weapon skill talent tree have an effect on how a spec or class is played from an ability standpoint or will it just be percent based stat increases? Eg. spend 3 talent points, get 3% crit etc. Also will the weapon skill tree be static per weapon or will it change based on what class and subspec your character is?
  • FatBobbyFatBobby Member
    edited June 2022
    Could we see an itemized and living path to release or at least the next phase please? I guess I'm hoping for a visible progress bar of sorts; could we see a central list of what boxes have and have not been checked along the path? Even listing high-tier, less granular goals that have not been fleshed out in such a list would be helpful.
  • OzijakOzijak Member
    Last stream you showed us a black and green augmented ability which looked amazing. What ability was augmented with what to get that effect? I loved it!!
  • I've played FFXIV since Alpha, and I don't understand JP at all (only English) - but I showed up to every live event to show support and just kinda followed along and watched the videos and looked at the pictures etc.
    This was one of the greatest disconnects I had with the SquareEnix Development team. Never really knowing what was going on live, and having to wait for the translated transcripts to hit the Forums later, or trying to find a Twitch livestream one of the community members was live-translating in, etc.

Square Enix is a Multi-Dollar company, but they never provide live translation into the languages their game is offered in. (JP, EN, GR, FR) and when they rarely do have a live translator, it's only in English.

-It would be nice to have before launch, but AFTER Ashes launches,
    Will Intrepid Studios provide live translation during their streamed events, or offer a livestream in each language their game is offered in.

Thank you!
    Veil Mistwarden
  • ThanteosThanteos Member
    edited June 2022
    I would like to ask how are you going to approach crafting and drop system in the game. Are full item drops going to be very common or it will be more focused on getting materials and crafting them (like in Lineage 2). As long term L2 player I did love how crafting was done, having 1 designated race/class to do this all and as I'm aware its not going to be like this on AoC, will be there any limitation to how many crafting professions you will be able to learn or maybe have you had a thought where you actually will pick crafting class instead of 2nd combat/support class to limit situations where player can be ''jack of all trades''?
  • RomancyyRomancyy Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Should we expect to see all planned Alpha 2 features when it launches, or will you start with a core set of features then add in the rest over time.
  • Will your secondary archetype choice effect what passive skills you can upgrade in the passive tree, or is that based only on your primary archetype choice?
  • Question about Customized NPCs!

Will players be able to create their own NPCs? Specifically, I loved how Dragon's Dogma made everyone make one. Then you could globally share it among your friends list. This NPC was basically an AI player. It leveled, you gave it skills, armor and weapons. You customized how it looked.
    I was wondering if y'all had any plans for something along this lines in the future of the game?
    I made an article in regards to my thoughts about this incase you wanted more in-depth information.

https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/47828/customized-npc-creation#latest
  • Can you talk a bit more about the corruption system? How will large groups attacking smaller groups or solo players work? I love the idea of open world PvP but I'm concerned about PvP surrounding gathering professions. Like gathering node camping or giant groups taking out solo fishers. I think being able to steal resources from a gathering profession could reduce the value of choosing it as your mastered profession.

For example, in Archeage I could have a boat full of large catches and players who didn't even own a pole could reap all the benefits of my hours of catches in a matter of minutes without any investment by attacking with a full guild of people when I was fishing solo or with one or two friends. Also mining nodes were often camped in rotation by botters or large guilds would wipe out individual or small group gatherers in areas with a high quantity of resource nodes to have a monopoly on them.

I'm curious what Steven thinks on this since he played a lot of Archeage.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I've played FFXIV since Alpha, and I don't understand JP at all (only English) - but I showed up to every live event to show support and just kinda followed along and watched the videos and looked at the pictures etc.
    This was one of the greatest disconnects I had with the SquareEnix Development team. Never really knowing what was going on live, and having to wait for the translated transcripts to hit the Forums later, or trying to find a Twitch livestream one of the community members was live-translating in, etc.

Square Enix is a Multi-Dollar company, but they never provide live translation into the languages their game is offered in. (JP, EN, GR, FR) and when they rarely do have a live translator, it's only in English.

-It would be nice to have before launch, but AFTER Ashes launches,
    Will Intrepid Studios provide live translation during their streamed events, or offer a livestream in each language their game is offered in.

Thank you!
    Veil Mistwarden

Omg... the entitlement. People are busy you know, with real stuff.
  • arsa92arsa92 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hi lads :)
    Are u planing on removing/redesigning the name plates? They seem kind of 'Warhammer online' :) they can be wayy better.
    Also, can you pleaseee bless us with some combat footage, or even a abilities demonstration video :)

Don't know if this was asked already but, wouldnt it be interesting to implement a wide bounty system that certain guild/players can place through a NPC - I.E a bounty on targets where people from other places can chase them and reward becomes bigger the longer they/he stay alive /etc (imagine if it lasts for days/weeks).. just a suggestion :D

thank youu
  • If you tame a creature in one season, does it stay that skin for breedings sake or does the tamed creature change with the seasons also
  • Will tanks be helpless against rogues and casters? This has always been the case in other games similar to AoC.
  • DawtDawt Member
    Claiming system. How do you plan on going about claiming mobs? Is it a free for all and anyone can attack the same monster, is it party based and only party and alliance members can attack the same mob? If it is free for all, how will open world bosses be? Free for alls tend to cause giant mobs of people to just show up and it makes for awful gameplay. Think FATES for FFXIV. Not my favorite.
  • How has the team embraced for the high load of users and complexities of the logic that runs on the servers? What kind of testing will help ensure a smooth gameplay experience?
  • DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Regarding combat, will bow mechanics be fast paced? Many games seem to slow down archery with heavy animations, will your archery be more like Legolas with quick knock and release?
  • FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the weather system be static or dynamic, for example will some but not all summers experience a drought or some but not all springs experience flooding?
  • NeurotoxinNeurotoxin Member, Alpha One
    Will the items in the Ember Shop at launch be the same as the items that were available in preorder packs, or will they be something else?
  • MhaksMhaks Member
    Will there be an in-game system like the Dammaz Kron (Book of Grudges) that was a mod on Warhammer Online?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature !