Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

12346»

Comments

• Some youtubers have been theorizing that augments will likely be for aesthetics only and wont change our abilities much because balancing 64 classes will be impossible. How much will my abilities change when I apply an augment?
  • AlacriteAlacrite Member
    For abilities that will have stat alterations for the two targeting types, will that factor remain during PvE content?

For example: aiming at a mobile, high hp boss to retain optimal dps.

P.S. I would like the factor to remain even if it's a minimal benefit.
  • Something I really enjoy about the mmo's I play is the sheer variety of collectable items. A big turnoff for me would be if half the players in an area have the same weapon or same gear. Will ashes have a large amount of different weapons/armor pieces to obtain as well? Thanks :)
  • ClawwClaww Member
    What are your plans towards the story of the game? Is there going to be enough story elements implemented in the game? Will there be enough drama or plot twists ? A good example would be FF14.
  • ZirdelasZirdelas Member
    Is there a system for which players are allowed to join a siege if there are more players in a city than allowed in a siege? Are they chosen by the mayor?
  • HamletHamlet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter
    edited June 27
    Are you guys open to server rollbacks in the event of an unforeseen bug or dupe that would introduce an economy breaking amount of currency into the economy?

In addition to the above, will intrepid take a hard stance in banning players who abuse these bugs for advantage over legitimate players.
  • When a node sits between two higher nodes that are the same as each other i.e a tier 4 sat between two tier 5's how is ZOI determined? Also if the controlling node was downgraded would the other higher node automatically gain influence over the lower one or would there be a requirement to gain control?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Caravan attackers have only the reward of stealing the caravan's goods, without any risk currently planned according to the wiki. Since the game is about risk vs reward, what risks do you plan to add for caravan attackers?
    bRVL6TR.png

• CaptainStrawCaptainStraw Member
    edited June 27
    As an RP enthusiast, I love a game that offers inmersion in even very simple things. With this in mind: Will you allow players to build portable campsites anywhere in the wilderness? I know there's an entry on the Wiki, but it hasn't been confirmed. It would be an awesome thing to build a fire next to a nice lake or river, and be able to cook the fish right there; or hunt a deer and cook it right there and then; and afterwards spend a few moments beside the fire in the night. A lovely RP element for those of us playful souls. On the same note, would you please let us have torches so we can explore dark places with beautiful inmersion and a cozy light?

Thanks.
  • Will there be other melee weapons like polearms and blunt weapons?
  • Will there be an element of randomness to the weather, rather than a series of presets?

For example will the system randomly create a windy and sunny day? or an overcast, stormy day or night without rain?

Would be fantastic to add a level of unpredictability to the weather system.
  • what inspires you, the devs? what other outside sources of lore do you pull from to add to AoC?
  • If looting rights are based on a blended tag and damage done system, will there be a mechanic in place to ensure roles like tanks and healers have an equal shot even when they haven't dealt as much damage?
  • Will there be a "World Drop" loot table that allows for super rare items to drop from anything and for any level player and it is based on pure RNG?

This table could drop an artifact that begins a quest for a single player and upon completion opens up a grander quest for the world to participate in culminating in the original quest starter completing the chain by delivering the fatal blow to a world boss that was summoned during the grander quest chain.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream.

Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Thursday for our livestream!
    twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • DezzRevasDezzRevas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Before the calamity were the Py'rai and Empyrean elves cohesive under the Pyrian Banner. Or were they somewhat divided within the Pyrian Kingdom?
  • raeyikraeyik Member
    edited June 29
    How do you plan to solve the 'catch-up mechanic betrayal'?

Ie. Whenever big games introduce expansions and updates they inevitably introduce catch up mechanics that make existing content easier. This could be from boosts against bosses/raids, removal of level or party size requirements, reduction in content difficulty, etc.

This marginalizes the effort of those who took the time and resources to clear the original content while it also waters down the impact/meaning behind the rewards acquired (as well as a weakening of player skill progression). This leads to many feeling like the developers don't respect the players that put in that time and effort to triumph over the original challenges set forth.Hence, a feeling of betrayal
  • zeezzeez Member
    When it comes to breeding, will other players be able to share/ breed at each-others stables? Also, will there be a guild stable available that multiple breeders can breed at? - Lastly - When does a mount/ pet etc no longer become tradable? (Or is it always tradable?) ** thanks 🙏🏽- think y’all are doing AWESOME- our guild can hardly wait for alpha 2!! - love you all- luna🐼♥️
  • BracuBracu Member
    How do you make combat feel direct and responsive?
    AoC hype
  • XilfarthXilfarth Member
    Will movement and camera rotation be 100% achievable via keyboard input? This was achievable in Final Fantasy 11 online and VERY helpful during combat.