Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited August 2022 in Announcements
QA-1920.gif

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream will be Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer at the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below, and the more direct and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 11AM Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

EDIT:
๐ŸŒต ๐Ÿ‘€ Check out our July Development Update to catch up on the latest news, including BTS environment tech tool discussion, updated art for Empyrean and Renโ€™Kai, and the reveal of the Tulnar! https://youtu.be/23GSdvV1dB0
community_management.gif
ยซ1345678

Comments

• Will mobs be able to buff each other when grouped up? Like an NPC bard buffing its allies.
  • ZyvanZyvan Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    With the recent updates we've seen to combat, has the team decided on if there will be a GCD (global cooldown) or not?
  • GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On Ashes of Creation's launch will there be NA-Central servers available to play on?
    bRVL6TR.png

• Curious about Divine nodes and the religious system and what ways they may synergize together? Haven't heard anything for awhile and it is one of the aspects of the game that has me the most excited.
  • lemuletlemulet Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Outside of the objective -based PVP event and prime time, will there be some form of guild wars where you can attack a declared guild without corruption consequences?
    sg3TGu4.png
  • psym3xpsym3x Member
    In last months live stream, you showcased a character that played like a warrior but had an ability (Golden Hammer) that was more suitable for a priest or paladin. Will all of the final classes' abilities visually and thematically fit their class? Was that just for spectacle or will I be a stealthy rogue that can place a golden circle that sparkles beneath my feet?
  • SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If a martial dps archtype takes a magical dps secondary archtype, (for example rogue + mage = nightspell) how will the scaling of that classes dps/abilities work. Will it scale off of physical stats, magical stats, or both?
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    In the weather showcase stream you hinted at weather impacting ships, could this also indicate that ships can have status effects, such as being on fire?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • I know the team is working hard on great visuals but what will the game look like on Low/Minimal settings for the lower end computers?
  • DawmeryDawmery Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Have you decided if you are going to bring the potion launcher to the MMO as a usable weapon? It's a fun concept and I'd love to see alternate ranged options to the usual bow/crossbow.
    28ce0d25de3c2adc0e2c96ff5978a823.gif
  • ErodgemonErodgemon Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    While blocking is your character rotation rate reduced?
  • JmacJmac Member
    edited July 2022
    How do you plan to release a persistent alpha 2 while keeping a sense of wonder and mystery intact for the full release?
  • Aside from appearance, will all characters be carbon-copies of each other with the same stats and abilities as everyone else with the same Race/class combination, or will there be some way to customize them a-la D&D style?
  • whispers of map changes are going around. new map reveal? alpha 2 map?? O.O
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    Can you be a farmer and have a farm without a Freehold, sort of like BDO?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• l3v3rag3l3v3rag3 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Have you considered making Combat pet and mount battles an official feature? Such as arena battles for them.
  • H3xanH3xan Member
    What is your solution for Whisper chat? Most games have a separate tab where all whispers go, and it makes it supper crowded and jumble, easy to miss messages. One really old MMO I used to play had a small stacking pop ups above the main chat, where you could deal with whispers one at a time and it was way better than any other system since then that I seen.
  • KRissCHuKRissCHu Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited July 2022
    I have assembled the following questions from my self and a handful of people I have gotten hyped about the game:

Are there any chances for the team to reconsider the implementation of black powder weapons, such as flintlocks, muskets and blunderbusses?

Has the team had the chance to play the Warhammer: Vermintide 1 and 2 games, from which to take inspiration for the function of black powder weapons, and some repeater crossbows, as those games pull off the low fantasy implementation of such weapons?

If black powder weapons are implemented and are too "unbalanced" as regular weapons, can they be used as a cooldown ability, like for example a musket being a long range sniper skill shot, or a blunderbuss being an AOE burst of dps to help melees push/burst/get aggro?

How will weapon use work? Will we be able to equip a "main" weapon and a "side arm", which can then be "tabbed" between/quickly swapped back and forth even during combat? Like say a character who uses a bow as a main weapon, but when enemies get in melee he can quickly swap to a melee weapon(the daggers/sword and shield/poleaxe) and engage like that, until he escapes back to range? Or a character who has sword and shield as a main layout, but can switch to a polearm for more dps? Kind of like the quick swap between weapons we saw in last month's stream, but able to do it mid combat?

For boss fight design, would the team consider implementing "Vulnerability Stacks", in place of raid-wipe when a mechanic is failed (ffiv) at least with lower difficulties? Like for example a person in the raid gets hit by a boss mechanic that they should have dodged, instead of being instantly killed/instead of the raid getting wiped, they take damage, but also receive a Vulnerability Stack, which makes them take more/do less damage?

When are we going to see another showing of the Character Creator, preferably showing off a race other than the humans?

When will the character creator be released for public testing? Or is it intended to be really close to the Alpha 2 that you are not at liberty to give time frames yet?
  • What ship/building size restrictions are the monthly cosmetics subjected to?

Last update on this topic was Jan 19, 2022: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/326362#Comment_326362

Basically, "[we are still working to answer this]"
  • Will there be another Jahlon x Steven Interview this year? Those are always very informative
  • SumpSump Member
    I'm very interested in animal husbandry and I've been wondering if its going to be a more team oriented activity or if it will be able to be done solo at a higher level?
  • I have a question about Sound Design.

We already know that you don't want to make voice acting in questlines. That being said, I'm wondering what is your plan to bring life to nodes, so they won't feel empty and make sure that node sounds match the quality of environment sounds. Also how are you going to mark a node progression in this sound design?
  • With the ever changing node system, how does the team envision "starter/newbie" towns/areas to be alive/interactive and not just some ghost town when most players are in the end game?
  • KurushikaKurushika Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    will there be repercussions of gathering to much resources from a node?
    and if so, would this encourage gatherers to gather in enemy territories to try and hurt their nodes functioning/stability?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hello
    in online games there are always cheaters who destroy the experience of others.
    what do you plan to do to prevent this from happening on aoc, how will you deal with cheaters?
    ๐Ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐š ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐› ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ
  • Will we be able to build campfires anywhere on the map? Let's say I catch a fish: will I be able to build a fire and cook it there and then?
  • edited July 2022
    Hi, i have a question about character customization:
    The Py'rai had some piercings/ jewelries/ accessories.
    Will these be part of the character customization for any race/ all races?
    And on top of that will there be civilian clothing (not armor) as well as accessories available for cosmetic equipment slots?
    As in, can i be on my freehold and not wear my armor but instead clothing for roleplaying aspects.
  • Transfiguration/ Metamorph skills:

I love how AOC is bringing such an immersive quality to mmose. And the combat has left me hungry to learn more about the skills system. The question I have is based around the concept of transfigurative skills that transform the player. These skills which can be learnt by any player outside of the magic classes.
    For example, If you wanted to explore the sea to a degree, players can learn a skill that transforms them into a fish/ merfolk that actually lets them explore the depths without a mount. Or skills to grow wings to glide off certain heights. Is this something discussed at all?
    Love a mermaid fantasy.
    Saturn_Aurora.png
  • When alpha 2 ? Is my short and burning question.
  • Will node progression interfere with already placed freeholds? Will there be a cap on freeholds per node?