Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Will vassal nodes have opportunities to become parent nodes and vice versa?

(follow-up question; you don't have to bother):
    What are the motivations for vassal node owners/residents when there are "shinier" parent nodes?
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For those who played Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse, which parts of the combat system from that game, if any, are being considered to be reused in 'main' Ashes?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What benefits are planned for the family system to offer, at this time?
  • What will be the advantage of choosing the same Class for primary and secondary classes? Love these streams they make the end of my month!
  • raeyikraeyik Member
    How do you plan to solve the 'catch-up mechanic betrayal'?

Eventually a time comes in a games lifespan when developers introduce expansions, big updates, level cap increases etc. At some point they inevitably implement some sort of catch up mechanic for newer players. This could be anything from item/power boosts against bosses/raids, removal of level or party size requirements, reduction in content difficulty, etc.

This has several impacts on the existing players that have cleared that content already. It can be said to marginalize the effort of those who took the time, effort, and resources to clear the original content. It also waters down the social impact/meaning/status associated with those clears. It disrupts inter-player skill assessment connected to the rewards/titles acquired. Finally, it usually leads to a weakening of player skill progression for those who come through fast tracked with the easier content..

This leads to many feeling like the developers don't respect the players that triumphed over the original challenges and it detracts from the status acquired by clearing said challenges. Hence, the catch-up mechanic betrayal.
  • Will all abilities be on global cool-down or will there be some exceptions?
    signature.png
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Zarak wrote: »
    Will we be able to bind and unbind equipments to character. Or an item that prevents dropp and exp debt upon corrupted death.

Def no. The dont want safeguards and goes against the corruption system.

Binding/unbinding will be costly and only worth using on end-game equipment as to incentivize high level open world pvp.

The item that prevents dropp while being corrupted can be argued as counterproductive for the bounty system but tweaks can be done. The fear of noobs/rp players getting farmed is too high and unhealthy for a self proclaimed pvp mmorpg to protect imo.

Who said that you would lose items upon death if you are not corrupted? You will lose some raw mats.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I have a question regarding raiding.

Raids, regarding other MMOs, are one of the major drawing factor of PvE MMO Players.
    However I am curious about the Death Penalties with raids. IN plenty of other MMOs, players wipe hundreds of times over for months on end to clear some high difficulty raids. That's a lot of deaths and with a lot of deaths causes heavy penalties.

I fear that these penalties may encourage players to simply disband after 1 wipe due to the debuffs of dying.
    Dungeons may also adopt this attitude.

Making 1 mistake and causing a wipe only for everyone to leave after 30 minutes of spamming in city chat to get a group together is not an enjoyable gameplay loop.

I want to know what your plans might be regarding this example.

-Thank you, and have a great day <3

There wont be death penalties in sieges and instanced raids.
  • LeukaelLeukael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Question:
    As a healer, in pvp games I'm often forced out of my role and into tank as I'm the primary target. Is there any discussion as to how to keep tanks and healers in their roles during pvp from a class kit/design standpoint?

Example:
    Many games give cc to healers, or unique features to abilities that are normally strictly for pve (ie a tank's taunts in pvp reduce damage dealt unless the taunted person attacks the tank.)

Thanks so much and keep it up!! <3
    Stag-Axiom-Sig-LEAUK3.png
  • Considering a player can only master one parent artisan class, with Animal Husbandry and Taming being separated by Processing and Gathering, how will this affect being able to acquire mounts should a player choose to master Animal Husbandry? Will they simply be less efficient at getting certain mounts, or locked out of taming some altogether?
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Will Alpha 2 be feature complete before Betas/launch?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Will larger ships, both Frigates and Galleons, have a minimum capacity requirement in order to be mobile?
  • MoreumMoreum Member
    For freeholds, will there be a capacity for the amount of buildings you can construct? If so, will there be options to upgrade or purchase more plots to expand your freehold?

Also, when is Alpha 2 :)
  • CadacCadac Member
    If a player is scheduled for a server prime time event, can they be given login priority?
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    We know that party/raid/guild/ally-mates can't flag against each other. But what about if one of them is a PKer? In other words, can your guildmate help you remove corruption by killing you?
  • What are the team's plans or ideas for the Metro power of the Military Node?
    Stag_Head_Signature6.png?width=814&height=363
  • axellanselaxellansel Member
    edited July 2022
    Is the game open to crossovers from other media? I.E. Insert favorite movie, tv show, video game, or anime here.

Edit: I maybe asking this the wrong way and I don't mean anything immersion breaking. More like during halloween/christmas time having a quest about Jack who needs to rescue his love Sally from the cave of Orges and Bogeys with traps of Shocks, Locks, and Barrels. You do the dungeon with a Orge Bogey boss at the end and are rewarded pintstripe suit or patchwork dress and they leave through a large strange tree with a Jack O Lantern door. Possibly a heavy handed easter egg would be a better way to say it lol.
  • PeacemaynePeacemayne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be different scores of music tailored to boss encounters, factions cities, open world, and combat?
  • PeacemaynePeacemayne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we be able to customize NPC colors in the freeholds or in the cities depending on they mayor's preference?
  • Regarding character blocking, will players have some sort of diminishing return in order to prevent inconvenience within populated areas like town and cities?
  • DezzRevasDezzRevas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For the Family system how soon will you be able to create a family unit in game? In addition how soon will you be able to have a marriage to add your 9th member of the family unit? Will family unit give a surname to players or will they have to name characters with the same last name to have that name as part of their name?
  • In regards to the enviromental system, will there be any (dis)advantages to besieging a castle or node during periods of seasons/weather?

IE; Fog after a period rain obscuring a players distance of which they can see enemy players, and vice versa.
    Another example would be a blizzard making it harder to use certain things such as some siege engines and maybe changing routes of attack.
  • HatetankHatetank Member
    edited July 2022
    axellansel wrote: »
    Is the game open to crossovers from other media? I.E. Insert favorite movie, tv show, video game, or anime here.

I pray this isn't that case as it will flat out ruin the games originality. Also, this isn't Fortnite.

Now for my question: With the class variable being 64 variations, when are we going to start seeing some of these classes and their skills?

I would love to see more on classes as I have yet to have any idea what I'm wanting to do/play in this game.

I do love what I am seeing in these updates and would appreciate any and all of the dev teams feedback.

• Cadac wrote: »
    If a player is scheduled for a server prime time event, can they be given login priority?

I really dislike the idea of giving preferential treatment in ANY circumstance for logins. Why should someone's irl time be worth more than someone elses just because you deem your activity more important?
  • Will there be bright colored hair like pink or lime green for our characters?
  • Will we be able to have a freehold right next to old ruins in the world, or will there be a "no build zone" around landmarks?
  • More and more gaming companies prohibit access to their MMOs to Russian players. Can we in Russia hope that this will not happen with Ashes of Creation?
  • Since the PvP flagging system does not apply to caravans, what will stop guilds from zerging through major trade routes destroying caravans and causing economic instability?
    Kalen.png
  • Zarak wrote: »
    Will we be able to bind and unbind equipments to character. Or an item that prevents dropp and exp debt upon corrupted death.

Def no. The dont want safeguards and goes against the corruption system.

Binding/unbinding will be costly and only worth using on end-game equipment as to incentivize high level open world pvp.

The item that prevents dropp while being corrupted can be argued as counterproductive for the bounty system but tweaks can be done. The fear of noobs/rp players getting farmed is too high and unhealthy for a self proclaimed pvp mmorpg to protect imo.

Who said that you would lose items upon death if you are not corrupted? You will lose some raw mats.

First time hearing about it, from yourself lol. That is irrelevant though and have nothing to do with OP
  • Kiwi_Kiwi_ Member
    Will there be distinct racial characteristics that cannot be customized via the character creator, such as the angular nose and forehead shape of the male Py'Rai from the combat video?