Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• AlzeidoAlzeido Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    With the recent combat update showcase showing a melee sword and melee daggers doing relatively equal damage at seemingly the only downside to the faster attacking daggers being range, how do you plan to balance ranged combat? wands/bows etc. as these seem to be naturally massively op
  • Vryce wrote: »
    Will there be any events in game made for real life events, like it was done for exmaple in Guild Wars (Hallowen etc.)?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Events#Seasonal_events
    This link may help you.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • ArtharionArtharion Member
    edited July 2022
    Will the nodes, cities, outposts, roads and in general all Verra be full of NPCs walking around and having their own routines like in other MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft and Black Dessert? Or will it be like in New World where there are hardly any NPCs in the outposts and they all are standing in their places without moving?
  • Will we see any tulnar news this year?
  • I love fishing, usually spend many hours with a cup of coffee in my hand and fishing in mmo's. My worry is that fishing is under Gathering, and I might want to master another branch, for example Crafting. Will I still be able to catch some fish? Will my fishing be mediocre/hindered because I don't chose Gathering?
  • unknownwonunknownwon Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will we be able to fly flags on ships, such as coats of arms indicating association to a guild, node, or other group such as pirates?
  • Will we still have tab targetting? For casters and some range abilities.

Maybe something like a 5-10% more damage or raised Crit chance if you manually aim it ?
    Aiming is less an issue in PvE but PvP is another thing entirely
  • LasgaLLasgaL Member, Intrepid Pack
    Will there be anything like olympiad in aoc as is in L2 where certain ppl can compete to become hero or something similar
  • A question about open-world flagging:

Will having opposing religions ever cause us to be auto-flagged against other players, around Verra?

• unknownwon wrote: »
    Will we be able to fly flags on ships, such as coats of arms indicating association to a guild, node, or other group such as pirates?

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Flags
  • Integra wrote: »
    Will we still have tab targetting? For casters and some range abilities.

Maybe something like a 5-10% more damage or raised Crit chance if you manually aim it ?
    Aiming is less an issue in PvE but PvP is another thing entirely

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Combat_targeting
  • How many active abilities are you looking to have for each archetype? It would be great for theorycrafting and build diversity to have 20+ active archetype abilities with the augments added in.
  • New here just joined 😎 I have tested so many games like Everquest SWG Neocron Wow SWTOR LotR ESO where I currently reside. What attracted me here is the Unreal Engine 5 and was wondering where the minimum and recommended specs for this title?
  • Will there be systems in place to disincentive using low level characters for artisan skills specifically processing? For gathering you might need to go in high level area and crafting you might need recipes, but how about processing? In example could I have high level character as gatherer supplying my low level character with processing standing in my freehold?
  • Are any features in development that will cater to the rp groups, features specifically designed for more in depth roleplaying?
  • Swiftpaws wrote: »
    When alpha 2 ? Is my short and burning question.

I'm dying. Like someone please give us a ballpark. Q4? Q1 23? Help!
  • keyframekeyframe Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Generally speaking night time in games isn't what one would call dark. This works for some games but I'd personally like to see more realistic or darker less visible nights for Ashes. What are the teams current thoughts on the nights in Verra?
  • Swiftpaws wrote: »
    When alpha 2 ? Is my short and burning question.

I'm dying. Like someone please give us a ballpark. Q4? Q1 23? Help!

What's the point in repeatedly asking this question? Announcing a date doesn't make the game creation process magically faster. Intrepid has stated literally dozens of times at this point that the game will "be ready when it is ready" and they will announce the Alpha 2 date when they are ready to do so. It's like little kids in the back seat of a car crying "Are we there yet?" it's so pointless... and kinda annoying at this point.

My question is. Will there be cinematics/cuts scenes across the game? If so, how do you intend to approach them? Using an in-game camera, fully rendered CGI, or animated 2D Images with Voice Over?

Thx. Keep up the good work! :)
  • JohnSnow98JohnSnow98 Member
    edited July 2022
    Will we be able to be an offensive ice/water mage? Or will it be like in all other games that the mage only has fire damage?
    To be more specific, I want to be a Mage or Ranger/Mage that uses Ice powers. I don't want to be an elementalist, it's pure ice or water skills.
  • So I have 2 questions (if you can only answer one then please answer the first):
    1. When will we get more information about the unique augmentations that come from choosing your secondary class, such as the the dash from fighter turning into a blink when paired with a mage secondary class?
    2. When will we get more information on the lore and backstory about the forgotten race?
  • DenneeDennee Member
    Will you controlle the min and max price of Items that are inserted into the auctionhouse?
    I thinks this is important to keep a good economy in game. Including that you cant trade directly money between players so that there are no money sellers.
  • MerecMerec Member
    Will mobs have separate factions and be able to fight each other if kited near to each other, i.e. beasts will attack bandits or something like that, or will there only be player's, friendly npcs and mobs
  • I'm very interested to know how gearing system will look in Ashes, meaning, how will the stats be tied to the gear type, will the gear drop from normal mobs, how much of a role will sets play during leveling, etc.

(Few more examples - How can we change the stats of certain gear? What are the standard gear upgrading options during the leveling process? Is quest gear better, or are random drops better?)
  • As an dyslexic person, I wonder if there is considered a text to speech function in Ashes? Since Intrepid is aiming to "make the best game ever" maybe they could be pioneering this function into the game, so it's richness is more accessible to people like me. <3

Keep up the great work you do! :)
  • Hello there.... oh wrong world. anyways, what would you guys think of legendary weapons with unique stats and abilitys spawning through Verra on special places like weapons of the old Gods or so, a fire Hammer spawning in the deepest vulcanic dungeons, or a growing staff of life in beautiful forest places. Every weapon could be unique and only held by 1 Person at a time, after like a week or a month or so the item would be returned to a random location for the next one to achieve it. (although everyone who once held those legendary items may use the skins of those on his other weapons, but cant use the stats and abilitys of course). Those items could be the best in the whole game but hard to achieve since you need to work your way through hard dungeons to get it and be lucky enough that no one helds them at the moment and they spawn at the right location (every weapon could have lik 3-5 places all over the world to spawn) sry for that long question in bad english but i think such special items add a lot of spice to the universe and a lot of players would raid tirelessly for a chance to wield them for a while, at least i would.
  • KovrmKovrm Member
    What can you dilvuge on the other primary archetypes? If nothing, when can we expect more info to be released?

How many archetypes are planned for A2?

sJ4g8FI.png
  • WarthWarth Member
    edited July 2022
    Question:
    How long will it take an average Node Population to build up a Node completely?

Context:
    To clarifty: not talking about Leveling it to a Metropolis, but the Mayoral Construction Projects the Node Population can support. Will it be similar to a Sector in Eve Online, where you can keep upgrading the node for many months/years (to get various benefits) if you manage to defend it or will it be fully built out rather quickly?
  • WarthWarth Member
    Kovrm wrote: »
    What can you dilvuge on the other primary archetypes? If nothing, when can we expect more info to be released?

How many archetypes are planned for A2?

This was answered already: A2 is supposed to have all Archtypes by the beginning @Kovrm :
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2
  • KovrmKovrm Member
    wicked ty
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • LawmageLawmage Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a form of mana drain/burn?