Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    I really want to know the reasoning as to why the best processing is going to be tied to a freehold. Why this decision and not making it available to just the umbrella of "people with housing".
  • MainQuesttMainQuestt Member
    edited July 2022
    Hello I would like to know if Raids and DGs will have difficulty levels? for those who want a bigger challenge.
    ass-forum-mainquestt.gif

Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • AntVictus wrote: »
    I really want to know the reasoning as to why the best processing is going to be tied to a freehold. Why this decision and not making it available to just the umbrella of "people with housing".

Because Freeholds will allow players to get better crafting/processing tables for their profession and make better stuff. "people with housing" could refer to in-node instance housing, which wont offer this benefit
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • OzijakOzijak Member
    Body blocking is very easily abused in towns and high traffic areas like auction houses, around quest givers, mailboxes etc. Are we going to have the option to put weapons away and phase through people in situations like this but remain on always for castle sieges and zerg situations.
  • ClawwClaww Member
    will there be enough pve/raid/dungeon content for the pve players ?
  • AntVictusAntVictus Member, Alpha One
    Schmuky wrote: »
    AntVictus wrote: »

Because Freeholds will allow players to get better crafting/processing tables for their profession and make better stuff. "people with housing" could refer to in-node instance housing, which wont offer this benefit

That doesn't answer my question. Please stop trying to backseat moderate/dev. Further attempts to communicate will be ignored.
  • Norwick wrote: »
    Is there any thoughts to make some systems like "64 variations of classes or 100+ nodes" more simple or make less nodes for the shake of development time?

It's unlikely. These two things have been part of the driving force behind the game itself. I can't see them changing that for anything.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • SnedSned Member
    edited July 2022
    Hyped for this update as my job is to procedurally spawn foliage depending on biome in an upcoming open world action game inside unreal 4.

So I was curious, are you using any procedural tools for small grass, flower, bush, or even bigger asset like tree, rock ? Or is it all hand placed?

Thx, loved what I've seen so far about the game , and almost want to quit my own company to come and work with you as Steven seems to be a passionate leader that know where he is going
  • How is your class / character system going to work? will it be considerate of players time like FFXIV is where 1 character can be multiple classes or will it be punishing like in WoW where you need to grind reputation etc endlessly if you even consider having multiple classes?
    Ooooor will it be something new entirely where reputations etc is something account wide, like some other games have tried where your account is a "legacy" of sorts and the reputation gained is counted to the legacy instead of the character.

Thanks for making what I believe to be an awesome game aka what's been missing from the industry for all these years <3
  • SnedSned Member
    Lashing wrote: »
    Will mobs be able to buff each other when grouped up? Like an NPC bard buffing its allies.

Yes plz.
    I loved that in gw1 the enemy Npc are using the same ability as us. They can buff each other, heal and res each other's and that's fantastic
  • ImpMarekImpMarek Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi, my question concerns the Free-for All deathmatch. Would you consider replacing this with objective-based battlegrounds? In my experience, the FFA has never found a player base who enjoyed it and has always been considered kind of a MEME among the pvp community.

Thank you
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will Intrepid Studios participate @ GamesCom this August in Germany?
  • AzrialAzrial Member
    Is there a more up to date figure on how many people are expected to be participating in Alpha 2 and the betas? Just curious as the last figure we got was from 2017 and it was 10,000 for alpha 2 and 27,000 for betas
  • will there be any class that uses magic arrows, like he forges/summon his own arrows with magic and they have effects like electric, fire, ect.. mage/ranger or ranger/mage?
  • Ph0bosPh0bos Member
    Will we be able to post buy orders in the auction house? Or only sell orders, as with most other mmo's?
    I believe buy orders would fit in real well in AoC due to the varying abundance of resources in the different biomes.
    85l216cf5coe.gif
  • MainQuestt wrote: »
    Hello I would like to know if Raids and DGs will have difficulty levels? for those who want a bigger challenge.

We know that the dungeons and raids are intending to be designed with dynamic scaling where as you progress, if you are progressing quickly the next bosses will get harder. Possibly in-fight as well. It's definitely different... but I imagine different encounters at a base level will also vary.
  • Claww wrote: »
    will there be enough pve/raid/dungeon content for the pve players ?

the game being PvX is basically PvE content, with PvP intertwined so I would argue there is more content which would classify as PvE "content" than PvP. But technically nothing is truly "PvE". As you can do alot of traditionally PvE activities like what you mentioned, but you would be in a PvP world with the potential risk of an attack.

That said, I don't think Ashes will be a massive gank fest, then again I very much stand to be corrected.
  • TremendousTremendous Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To what extent are visibility restricted at night or when it rains, is visibility restricted?
    Unbenannt-1.png
  • Snerel wrote: »
    Thx, loved what I've seen so far about the game , and almost want to quit my own company to come and work with you as Steven seems to be a passionate leader that know where he is going

You may find this link helpful: https://intrepidstudios.com/careers

giphy.gif
  • AidanKD wrote: »
    But technically nothing is truly "PvE".

"Open world dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.[31]
    80% of dungeons will be open world.[32][33]
    Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.[31]
    20% of dungeons will be instanced.[32][33]
    "
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvE
  • Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I want to know if there will be any sort of level sync in the final game. Will I be able to scale myself to a party or a zone so I can play with new players or friends I've gotten into the game?

Hopefully this hasn't been asked before.
  • no questions here for this livestream but just wanna say, WOW! I am so hyped for this stream and this game, its hard to put in words. You guys at intrepid are doing an amazing thing here! This game will be the new standard and set the bar high for all that follow. Can't wait!

-sl3ndermmo

l3o4bc955swy.png
  • Azrial wrote: »
    Is there a more up to date figure on how many people are expected to be participating in Alpha 2 and the betas? Just curious as the last figure we got was from 2017 and it was 10,000 for alpha 2 and 27,000 for betas

hey azrial, how did you get your socials in the sig like that? can you help me out? haha thats a nervous laugh

l3o4bc955swy.png
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    sl3nder wrote: »
    no questions here for this livestream but just wanna say, WOW! I am so hyped for this stream and this game, its hard to put in words. You guys at intrepid are doing an amazing thing here! This game will be the new standard and set the bar high for all that follow. Can't wait!

-sl3ndermmo

Thank you for the kind words! <3 We really want Ashes of Creation to be the best MMORPG that it can be!
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited August 2022
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

@KRissCHu (quesiton), @Snekkers (question), @Meister_Murloc (question), @Saturn Aurora (question), @NyoTheDev (question), @LittleLightz (question), @kryPrim (question), @Gizerd (question 1, 2), @MaxBurns (question), @shadowraze96 (question), @MagnificentJelly (question), @KanseiDrift (question), @Gurz (question), @nostreamerbenefit (question), @raeyik (question), @Peacemayne (question 1, 2), @DezzRevas (question), @Falleni (question), @Mandarian (question), @Telperion (question), @resign (question), @Waryasei (question), @Ishka (question), @HoozierPopz (question) - Please only post one question next time as requested, and if you only posted one question, please make sure to keep it as direct/succinct as possible - that way it's more likely to be picked!

@Goalid (question) - Steven has mentioned in the past that "at this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing." - hope this helps!

@lemulet (question) - You can read more on PvP events here, on the wiki!

@psym3x (question) - Archetypes will have abilities that match their respective archetypes :) Though, we have not shared the final abilities for Weapon Master or any other Archetypes/classes. The abilities Steven used were to provide an example of how abilities and basic weapon attacks will work together ^_^

@nick10281 (question), @BetaBouy (question) - Hello! Please stay tuned for more information regarding system requirements as we progress further in development :) You can learn more about system requirements here, on the wiki!

@Dawmery (question) - Stay tuned for more information regarding ranged weapons. We will have an update for you very soon! ^_^

@Erodgemon (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding combat as we progress further in development :)

@meowstical (question) - There will be plenty of ways your character will differ from other characters of the same race/class combinations! One was is through the augment system. Another is simply through gear choices :)

@Boggleful (question), @Vlhadus (question) - Who said the map would be getting bigger, especially to accomodate naval influences and land/sea trade routes!? It wasn't me!

@T Elf (question) - Players may grow crops in the garden sections of their player housing. You can learn more about farming here, on the wiki!

@l3v3rag3 (question) - This is currently not a planned feature for Ashes of Creation.

@H3xan (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding UI as we progress further in development towards Alpha Two :)

@SparkyCJB (question), @AidanKD (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding cosmetics as we progress further in development towards Alpha Two :)

@Desorda (question) - We'll have to wait and see! ^_^

@Nomnomnom (question) - You can see what Steven has said on this in the past here :)

@Maouii (question) - You can read more about cheating and our security systems here, on the wiki!

@Swiftpaws (question), @Animeaddict (question), @Contortzz (question), @Deputycarl (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding release dates as we progress further in development :)

@Zarak (question) - You can read more on gear binding here, on the wiki!

@Fhin (question) - Truth be told, announcing the livestream is one of my responsibilities, and I was on vacation so I wasn't able to get it done until Monday 😅

@Thornfoot (question) - You can read more on seasonal cycles here, on the wiki!

@Chumba Wumba (question) - You can read more on gear appearances here, on the wiki!

@BardManGrind (question) - Players will be able to play their classes how they want! There will also be a lot of possible customizations to alter your playstyle :) You can learn more about these systems on the wiki!

@MasRazden (question), @SnowElf (question), @Hatetank (question), @cptkrucial (question), @SHJiwani (question), @Kovrm (question) - Please stay tuned for more information on Archetypes and Classes as we progress further in development :)

@Papedipupi (question), @Drunkninja (question), @Apok (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding post-release content as we progress further in development ^_^

@Vryce (question) - Ashes of Creation will feature holidays on Verra inspired by those found on Earth :wink: You can read more on that here, on the wiki!

@Happymeal2415 (question), @Mag7spy (question) - The team is still hard at work on sieges and further optimizing them! We can't wait to show off some updates once they're ready :)

@Schmuky (question) - We currently have not announced any plans in regards to nuetering animals.

@ChaosFactor (question) - You can read more on what we've said regarding crafting here, on the wiki! We strive to make robust and engaging crafting, gathering, processing, etc. systems for our players ^_^

@Texaslizard (question) - Players will be able to use the character creator for certain NPCs. You can read more on that here, on the wiki!

@NauticalBiceps (question) - This is something we'd love to have in Ashes of Creation! You can hear what Steven has said on this in the past here :)

@Sengarden (question), @Sometimesmiles (question) - Freeholds can be placed on Freehold Plots which exist within a Node's ZOI. You can read more on this here, on the wiki!

@Gimlog (question) - I believe Steven was saying that the time and resource cost of acquiring a Freehold was monumental for a player because of their importance in processing :) You can read more on Freeholds here, on the wiki!

@Overthrow (question), @Hazerduhs (question) - Please stay tuned for more detailed information regarding artisan classes as we progress further in development ^_^

@robotj (question) - We plan on having robust customization options for players when it comes to the in-game UI :)

@Yimm (question) - The majority of raids in Ashes of Creation will be open-world. Instancing is mostly going to happen in certain dungeons where the desire is to have greater narrative appeal. You can read more on instancing here, on the wiki!

@Balthar (question) - We haven't announced any plans for an open API for the community.

@Shoelid (question) - Well I suppose there's really only one way to find out, am I right? 😈

@FrofiFly (question) - We haven't announced any plans for NPCs to commandeer nodes for themselves.

@Alacrite (question) - This will be possible :) if a parent node is deleved below level 3, one of it's vassal nodes could potentially be leveled up and become a parent node. You can read more on this here and here !

@Azherae (question) - Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse gave us a ton of data and feedback. We have since used that data and feedback to assist us with decisions we are currently making with the direction of combat, just like Alpha One has :)

@SongRune (question) - You can read more on what has been said on the family system here, on the wiki! :)

@FortunatusCanis (question) - The advantage will be unlocking the full potential of that archetype, and doubling down on it's strengths :) You can read more on classes here, on the wiki!

@Valorinth (question) - Please stay tuned for more information regarding nodes as we progress further in development! :)

@axellansel (question) - At this time, we don't have plans or partnerships lined up from other media crossovers :)

@Lovewell (question) - You can read more on what has been said regarding collision here, on the wiki!

@Cadac (question) - We currently do not have any plans for activity-based login priority :)

@Lithion (question) - This is something we're still discussing and designing internally, and will have an update for you soon! We encourage you to leave your feedback on the forums regarding subjects such as these, in the meantime :)

@Drezden (question) - We don't have any plans on prohibiting Russian players from playing Ashes of Creation. In fact, Russian is a language we plan on supporting for Ashes of Creation, which you can read more on here, on the wiki!

@Kiwi_ (question) - There will be some distinct racial features that we want prevelant, but that doesn't mean they're not customizable! For example, we'd like all Py'Rai to have their distinct antlers. However, players will be able to customize the antlers :)

@Alzeido (question) - The actual damage of the weapons that was shown during the June livestream was placeholder, and still subject to balancing :)

@Lethanel (question) - I think you may now know the answer to this question 😜

@Hummingbird07 (question) - A character will be able to achieve up to tier 3 or tier 4 proficiency in professions that are not mastered. You can read more on Artisan Classes here, on the wiki!

@Integra (question) - Ashes of Creation will utilize a hybrid combat system, which features elements of both action combat and tab targeting :) You can learn more on that here, on the wiki!

@LasgaL (question) - At this time, we have not announced any system like this one :)

@Tyranthraxus (question) - At this time, we haven't announced any plans for religions to cause auto-flagging ^_^

@Newdurhoff (question) - Yes! We know roleplaying, as well as systems that support roleplay are important to our players :) You can read more on our current plans for roleplay features here, on the wiki!

@keyframe (question) - We understand that immersion is important to our players. Our team is hard at work creating beautiful skyboxes, including ones at night, that fill players with a sense of wonder and wanderlust in Verra ^_^

@DaffyDux (question) - You can read our plans on cinematics here, on the wiki!

@JohnSnow98 (question) - The Mage archetype offers four elemental schools as augments to a character's primary skills. You can read more on that here, on the wiki!

@Dennee (question) - You can read more about what has been said regarding auction houses here, on the wiki!

@Merec (question) - Ashes of Creation utilizes an adaptive artificial intelligence (AI), which means that different encounters with similar creatures will yield different player experiences. You can read more on AI here, on the wiki!

@Harmtouch (question) - Text-to-speech is certainly something we'd love in implement into Ashes of Creation ^_^

@Emberflame (question) - Steven, our Creative Director, and his vision for Ashes of Creation have remained largely the same and very consistent since the inception of the project. Our teams are very cognicent of scope creep and know when features will either fit into the scope of the game for release or not ^_^

@LaNinja (question) - You can read more on servers, especially our plans post-launch here, on the wiki!

@Julixim (question) - This is a feature we'd love to have. You can see an example of how this could work here :)

@Castai (question) - There are many reasons why players may want to destroy a node. It could be a node influenced by an enemy guild, it could be to unlock different nearby content, or perhaps to simply level up a nearby node in a different fashion. One reason I can think of is for the stockpiles of loot that attackers could potentially get from a successful siege. You can read more on nodes here, on the wiki!

@Amets (question) - A lot has been discussed on this in the past. You can read up on that here, on the wiki!

@MaiWaifu (question) - We will certainly have GM engagement and activities for our players on all servers. However, we currently do not plan on them acting as 'DM's, handcrafting questlines or stories for individual servers.

@Zigg (question) - You can read more on what we've said regarding augments here, on the wiki!

@Shinaso (question) - You can read more on what has been said regarding weapon skills here, on the wiki!

@Tengs (question) - Steven has addressed this question in the past, which can be found here, on the wiki!

@coatimundi (question) - You can read more on what has been said regarding artificial intelligence here, on the wiki!

@Valinia (question) - This is something we're aiming to achieve for Ashes of Creation ^_^

@TorinnRamheart (question) - Stay tuned for more information regarding the Character Creator as we progress closer to Alpha Two! :)

@Threather (question) - We're currently creating, iterating upon and finalzing many aspects of these systems for Alpha Two. Please stay tuned for more information as we progress further in development :)

@George_Black (question), @Zyvan (question), @Magic Man (question), @ultrared (question), @unknownwon (question), @NiKr (question), @Liniker (question), @Schwann36 (question), @FatalSyndicate (question), @Warth (question), @SonicXplosion (question), @Craiken (question), @RowniSciponi (question), @Lashing (question), @myndzero (question) - Yay! Your questions were chosen at random and featured on this month's livestream! Make sure to check out the VOD in case you missed the answer live ^_^

If you did not see yourself tagged anywhere in this response, then that could mean we would have loved to feature your question on stream but didn't have quite enough time. Please come again next month during our Q&A and drop your question again! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • @Vaknar should i ask next livestream or drop it until there is an official announcement?
    Leonin-5-E.jpg
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    The Mage archetype offers four elemental schools as augments to a character's primary skills. You can read more on that here, on the wiki!

Definitely don't want to put you on the spot about this one, Vaknar, but also really don't want to misinterpret it in either direction, but given the Interview quote that this comes from has been a hot topic a bit, at least awhile back, and I for one wasn't interpreting it this way (essentially, I think the wiki is wrong)...

Is this an update to something that you're now allowed to clarify for certain because you have new information, or would you like this post you are now reading to disappear, if you know what I mean?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Should I ask again next month?
    Or is my question scheduled to be answered in the next stream.
  • RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Should I ask again next month?
    Or is my question scheduled to be answered in the next stream.

You gotta post it again next month.
  • MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    🌵 👀 Check out our July Development Update to catch up on the latest news, including BTS environment tech tool discussion, updated art for Empyrean and Ren’Kai, and the reveal of the Tulnar! https://youtu.be/23GSdvV1dB0

🤔 What was your favorite part of this month’s stream?

(Added to OP as well!)
    marketing.gif