Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

One more time. How the PK system works and what the intention of the design is.

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Further more on PK and /trade.... A person said "what if you walk to a secluded place and you trade with your friends?"
Well.... if you manage to walk away from the scene of the crime, without being followed by a bunch of non-combatants with pitch forks WHY wouldnt you kill mobs with your friends to burn off the corruption points? Why /trade and die multiple times? ...

Some people argue for PK players to be prevented from /trade. Boy you don't know the panic during these ... corrupted times... how many times PKers have accepted a /trade and it wasn't their friend...
Some dont mind PKs being able to /trade. I dont mind if they can trade. And if they can't I won't lose sleep over it.
Some other people have been here for a couple of years and they still don't know the details and they choose to offer suggestions, altering its nature. Why? There are countless topics explaining it. This is part of an old post of mine, explaining, once more, how the corruption system works. The bellow is how PK worked in L2, the inspiration for AoCs design. A logical person would think "a game can take the best parts of another and improve upon them". What is "best" depends on your POV so.. luckily it's up to Steven to pick and choose. Nobody elses POV matters. Now a person lacking logic would say "aOC isN't l2" at which point further conversation isn't needed. Anyway here it is:

Killing a player that doesn't fight back gets you let's say, 600 corruption points and 1 PK score.
If you have 4 PKs you may lose gear upon death. With every new PK you will gain significantly more corruption points. Same goes if there is a big lv difference between the red and the victim. However the corruption system is not here to deter PKing. It's here to deter killing sprees. And that is why Red players don't drop items if they only have 3 PKs.
There are NPCs OUTISDE of towns that offer 'repentant' quests to write off 4 or less PK with every quest.
Burning 600 corruption points may take 5-10min killing mobs. During this time non-combatant players can kill a red player and take his/hers items.
Obviously If you go on a killing spree, I bet you will go down, rightfully so.
Obviously if you go around looking for a newbie to kill, I bet you will go down, rightfully so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKhbtog_pI
Here is the Corruption System working on the most successful open world PvP mmorpg.

If you are afraid that other players are out there to PK you 24/7, while you are fishing of birdwatching in the world of Vera, I say to you, not everyone is willing to risk being hunted and losing their gear to stop you from chasing butterflies.

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    If you watch the video you will see that somebody attempting to rez a PKer becomes purple. If they do you can KILL THEM.
    If somebody attempts to heal or buff a red player they become...? combatant. Kill them. Anyway I hope that at some point the development of AoC will be so far ahead, that IS can release their detailed version of the corruption design, without worrying about competition. Till then people should ask legitimate questions, not demand changes to the design.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Why do you keep making topics about systems that, by your own admission, lots of other people disagree with you on?

What can this possibly lead to since you can't be as sure about the systems as anyone else?

It just looks like you going 'My logic is correct and this is how it will work stop asking for it to be different' when the response will just be 'you don't know that'.

Because... you don't know that.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• This stuff is going to have to best tested heavily I think its up to us to find the best exploits so it will be clear to developers how to avoid the issues with the system. And if they are fine with those ways to avoid it or not.

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2022
    People don't argue for Corrupted to be prevented from trading.
    It is already part of the Ashes game design that Corrupted cannot trade.
    The game basically treats Corrupted as if they are mobs.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_corruption
    Player to player trading and the ability to store items in public warehouses is disabled for corrupt players.[23]

Ashes is an open world PvX MMORPG.
  • OkeydokeOkeydoke Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2022
    Some other people have been here for a couple of years and they still don't know the details

lol. I've been here years now too. I've watched certain people slowly come to the realization that the words that describe Ashes' systems actually mean what the words mean.

I think a lot of people just don't even know what open world pvp is. We've fallen that far. It's been interesting to watch though.

Azherae wrote: »
    Why do you keep making topics about systems that, by your own admission, lots of other people disagree with you on?

What can this possibly lead to since you can't be as sure about the systems as anyone else?

It just looks like you going 'My logic is correct and this is how it will work stop asking for it to be different' when the response will just be 'you don't know that'.

You should get better informed. Start with that.

No, I don't think so.

You're making a really classic error. I'll show everyone else, since I know you never care. See this part?
    A logical person would think "a game can take the best parts of another and improve upon them". What is "best" depends on your POW, so.. luckily it's up to Steven to pick and choose. Nobody elses POW matters. Now a person lacking logic would say "aOC isN't l2" at which point further conversation isn't needed. Anyway here it is:

You just dismiss other people as 'lacking logic' in this way. There's no good reason to though. You said 'luckily', as if 'Oh, well Steven's definitely going to make a decision that is good'. It's not possible for EVERY option Steven could choose to all be 'lucky' (in the sense that they are 'good') to even people who agree with most of it..

"A game can take the best parts of another and improve upon them."

And then people on forums can consider what changes would be considered 'improvements'. So if NiKr and I, for instance, have a discussion about what would be an 'improvement' to L2's system, and we disagree, you can certain 'come in and tell one of us that we're wrong and don't understand how best to improve L2's system', but you won't know with any certainty which one it is, just as we don't.

You're just doing the same thing you always do. Which usually reflects more on the way you feel about yourself than anything else.

Breathe, George.

• AsgerrAsgerr Member
    What is "best" depends on your POW, so.. luckily it's up to Steven to pick and choose. Nobody elses POW matters.

How dare you claim my Prisoner of War doesn't matter. And for that matter, why does Steven have a Prisoner of War? In what war did he fight to acquire them? The Sandal Wars?

Sig-ult-2.png
  • Dygz wrote: »

Player to player trading and the ability to store items in public warehouses is disabled for corrupt players.[23]

Oh man, you can't even store items. That's pretty huge.

Do we have Encumbrance in Ashes? Think about being slowed, and the only option is to just drop gear since you can't trade or store.

I like it, being to greedy can really bind you up.
  • Asgerr wrote: »
    What is "best" depends on your POW, so.. luckily it's up to Steven to pick and choose. Nobody elses POW matters.

How dare you claim my Prisoner of War doesn't matter. And for that matter, why does Steven have a Prisoner of War? In what war did he fight to acquire them? The Sandal Wars?

Oh... I thought it was Point of Wu.
  • ElderElder Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »

Oh man, you can't even store items. That's pretty huge.

Do we have Encumbrance in Ashes? Think about being slowed, and the only option is to just drop gear since you can't trade or store.

I like it, being to greedy can really bind you up.

Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits.
    Which is the greater folly, summoning the demon or expecting gratitude from it?
    gif.gif

No, I don't think so.

You're making a really classic error. I'll show everyone else, since I know you never care. See this part?
    A logical person would think "a game can take the best parts of another and improve upon them". What is "best" depends on your POW, so.. luckily it's up to Steven to pick and choose. Nobody elses POW matters. Now a person lacking logic would say "aOC isN't l2" at which point further conversation isn't needed. Anyway here it is:

You just dismiss other people as 'lacking logic' in this way. There's no good reason to though. You said 'luckily', as if 'Oh, well Steven's definitely going to make a decision that is good'. It's not possible for EVERY option Steven could choose to all be 'lucky' (in the sense that they are 'good') to even people who agree with most of it..

And then people on forums can consider what changes would be considered 'improvements'. So if NiKr and I, for instance, have a discussion about what would be an 'improvement' to L2's system, and we disagree, you can certain 'come in and tell one of us that we're wrong and don't understand how best to improve L2's system', but you won't know with any certainty which one it is, just as we don't.

You're just doing the same thing you always do. Which usually reflects more on the way you feel about yourself than anything else.

Breathe, George.

Hahah you need to catch your breath. Then get informed.

No, I don't think so.

Breathe, George.

Every time you do this you make me really curious...

Who is the unfortunate person in your life that this gaslighting bullshit actually works on, enough that you would think to come to a forum and do it there too?

But sure, I'mma go catch my breath. Carry on...

edited July 2022

No, I don't think so.

Breathe, George.

Every time you do this you make me really curious...

Who is the unfortunate person in your life that this gaslighting bullshit actually works on, enough that you would think to come to a forum and do it there too?

But sure, I'mma go catch my breath. Carry on...

Nobody. My life is great and I love all my friends and family.
    I dont seek affection in forums. Dont need it. Just here to talk about the games development.
    Also, when I dislike somebody I give it to them straigh. I dont try to go after their people. That's what weak and petty ppl do.

But seeing you lose your mind makes me smile. Now, do you feel more educated about the PK system or not?
    edited July 2022
    Meh.