Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Global Cooldown

Please Dont add golbal cooldown, it ruins the combat.

i played dozens of MMOs from great to horrible but no matter how bad the game I played was the one with the most boring combat was FF14 , I got 2 classes to max level to see if the combat was any good in it but it was horrible from it being floaty,no impact and most importantly the god damn horrendous global cool down just made me wanna quit every minute I played .

so please don't add global cooldown to the game it will ruin the combat
ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regardless of my agreement with this perception, I also don't think it's going to be as simple as that, so just make sure you're around whenever we do get to test it again to give negative feedback about it if it really isn't working.

Maybe the game needs it, maybe it won't be as ability-dependent in the first place, etc. Unfortunately all you're going to get by voicing this concern before testing is a glorious forum argument.

But man, will it be epic.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• It will be interesting to see what they do since it is hybrid, it wouldn't make sense to have GCD or skill cast times on action skills since they should have some form of recovery time and combat wouldn't feel fluid with GCD.

For tab though that is a different story will depend how they do things.
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Coming from a tab game with no gcd - please no fucking gcd. Thank you :)
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2022
    GCD sucks. It makes for mindless rounds of defence/offence rotations and no real action/reaction gameplay.
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    I think with an active combat not wholly dissimilar from what Tera had, GCDs would feel out of place.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    FF14 has a 2.5s GCD, and that's ridiculous - if AoC does 0.3s or 0.5s that would be ok, it would help with latency and not make it a spam fest
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • AsgerrAsgerr Member
    Liniker wrote: »
    FF14 has a 2.5s GCD, and that's ridiculous - if AoC does 0.3s or 0.5s that would be ok, it would help with latency and not make it a spam fest

The thing with FFXIV is that the 2.5s GCD doesn't feel long, because you're weaving, double weaving and sometimes triple-weaving your OGCDs in between them.

But that's also conceived for a tab targeting game with a certain design philosophy which has no application to Ashes of Creation.

I think it's possible to not have a GCD in AoC but limit the amount of skills usable within a one second period. And hey, if your enemy wants to blow their load in 4 seconds, that's his problem, when you're ready to go fourteen more rounds and they have all skills on cooldown.

Sig-ult-2.png