Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

pre order paks

hi my question is if i buy a 250usd pre order pak for example, then another month maybe there is another one i really like,
do i need to buy the whole 250usd pak or can i buy the skins in the upcoming pre order paks as addons i heared something about ?

Comments

• AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited July 2022
    Once you bought the full pack, you get to pick and choose from whatever cosmetics come out next. No need to buy the full pack again.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Beelze87 wrote: »
    hi my question is if i buy a 250usd pre order pak for example, then another month maybe there is another one i really like,
    do i need to buy the whole 250usd pak or can i buy the skins in the upcoming pre order paks as addons i heared something about ?

You can buy the individual skins yeah, but only up to what is allowed in the main pack you own. You can also upgrade the pack to the $375 at any point. Here is what my store looks like for example ($375 pack). If I had the $250 pack I would not be able to buy the costume.
    VFBeE9C.jpg
  • Nerror wrote: »

You can buy the individual skins yeah, but only up to what is allowed in the main pack you own. You can also upgrade the pack to the $375 at any point. Here is what my store looks like for example ($375 pack). If I had the $250 pack I would not be able to buy the costume.
    VFBeE9C.jpg

omg thats so good thx alot dude and for this picture also... also makes it be alot better so i dont buy several keys or u dont want more gametime atm etc
  • Nerror wrote: »

VFBeE9C.jpg

so if i understood it right... i can buy lets say the current 250usd pak now and upgrade to the 375 version later on for 125usd i guess then, thats great since paying 375 at once is a bit heavy, after i done th eupgrade i should get all future pre order paks like in ur picture then
  • Beelze87 wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »

VFBeE9C.jpg

so if i understood it right... i can buy lets say the current 250usd pak now and upgrade to the 375 version later on for 125usd i guess then, thats great since paying 375 at once is a bit heavy, after i done th eupgrade i should get all future pre order paks like in ur picture then

Yep. At the $250 mark, you'll get access to most of the cosmetics, but they'll all become available once you pay the $125 to upgrade to the $375 pack.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • daveywavey wrote: »

VFBeE9C.jpg

Yep. At the $250 mark, you'll get access to most of the cosmetics, but they'll all become available once you pay the $125 to upgrade to the $375 pack.

ye thats great... guess it would be same if i buy the 150 pak first ?, then upgrading to 250 and lastly 375 if i dont want to spend so much at once or can ?
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »

VFBeE9C.jpg

ye thats great... guess it would be same if i buy the 150 pak first ?, then upgrading to 250 and lastly 375 if i dont want to spend so much at once or can ?

yeah
  • What I want to know is will your buy in level matter after launch...or at that time will everything put into the cosmetics store simply be available for purchase and any previous buy-in level will be a moot point going forward?
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Firebrand wrote: »
    What I want to know is will your buy in level matter after launch...or at that time will everything put into the cosmetics store simply be available for purchase and any previous buy-in level will be a moot point going forward?

Correct, your pre-order pack doesn't matter after launch, aside from Embers and "free" game time. You'll have full access to the post-launch cosmetic store even if you didn't buy a pack but cosmetics part of the pre-order packs are exclusive to them and won't be available for purchase ever again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • ShadonSol wrote: »
    Firebrand wrote: »
    What I want to know is will your buy in level matter after launch...or at that time will everything put into the cosmetics store simply be available for purchase and any previous buy-in level will be a moot point going forward?

Correct, your pre-order pack doesn't matter after launch, aside from Embers and "free" game time. You'll have full access to the post-launch cosmetic store even if you didn't buy a pack but cosmetics part of the pre-order packs are exclusive to them and won't be available for purchase ever again.

Thanks for the confirmation. I suspected that was probably how it was going to work. The drawback to that is it doesn't give me a huge incentive to upgrade my Voyager pack to the Voyager plus as the window for getting that highest tier of skins will only last until launch. If there would always be skins in the shop that aligned to a pre-order buy in...even after launch, it'd be well worth the additional $125. However, seeing as it will not work that way changes the situation drastically. Sure it'd be nice...but that money, for me, would be better served going towards my monthly subscription fee. Sadly I missed out on any chance to get a lifetime sub because at that time I didn't even know about the game yet.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff

VFBeE9C.jpg

Thank you for providing this helpful answer! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Orage_MorduOrage_Mordu Member
    edited February 2023
    Hi,
    Lets say that I purchase a 150usd pack in march, then upgrade it to 375usd several months later :
    will the items coming with the upgrade be the ones from march, or from the later pack ?

Thanks for the pre-purchase infos everyone btw !

Edit : Never mind I found the answer here !
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/55073/upgrade-from-voyager-pre-order-package-to-voyager-plus-pre-order-package#latest
    Chaotic Good
    3pp2363vhdhf.jpg
  • you can buy individual pieces/items. so you can spend as little as $15 on items you may like in the next pacs. I normally do not buy everything in each given set. An armor skin here, a mount skin there. etc
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 2023
    RazThemun wrote: »
    you can buy individual pieces/items. so you can spend as little as $15 on items you may like in the next pacs.
    Some cosmetic accessories are only $5. Looking back at my order history, a half a dozen times over the years I've bought little $5 trinkets, like gloves, or boots, or a belt, and so on. They're pieces you can mix and match on a character.

Right now I see a hawk pet skin and a cloak available to buy, each for only $5. There's also a new instrument called a "syrinx" that looks like a pan flute for $5.

Even in the picture posted above in the thread, there is a whistle accessory listed for $5.

Hhak63P.png