Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

1234568»

Comments

• GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaknar wrote: »
    @Goalid (question) - Steven has mentioned in the past that "at this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing." - hope this helps!

My concern @Vaknar is that there's not going to be a proper representation of players who want to use NA-Central servers. Almost all of the guilds that have formed so far in Ashes of Creation haven't been advertising for a specific region in North America. I know my guild for example has players all the way from Hawaii to England. So to us, a NA-Central server is the perfect way to evenly spread out ping. I'm certain that plenty of the other guilds feel the same way, in fact many have told me personally they want to play on a Central server. But will that desire to play on a Central server be represented by whatever method Intrepid uses to look at user interest? Will Google search activity by region properly inform Intrepid that potentially hundreds of guilds with 100+ players want to play on a NA-Central server? Will looking at my East Coast IP tell Intrepid that I want to play on a Central server?

I understand if there isn't enough to justify a NA-Central server, but I want player feedback and interest to be properly represented so Intrepid can make an informed decision on the matter.

As always, thanks for the great job you and Roshen do!
    bRVL6TR.png

• raeyikraeyik Member
    @Vaknar

Thanks for the update. Didn't see any input regarding my question. Was it too long or is there information already somewhere regarding the concept behind my question.

Happy to try to refine the question if it's too long or too broad. Willing to hear feedback regarding it. TY!
  • robotjrobotj Member
    @Vaknar I'm new to the community forums somewhat but just wanted to give props for going through and touching on all these questions. Pretty cool. Keep up the good work sir.
  • Should I ask again next month?
    Or is my question scheduled to be answered in the next stream.

Always ask again in the next months' thread.
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    raeyik wrote: »
    @Vaknar

Thanks for the update. Didn't see any input regarding my question. Was it too long or is there information already somewhere regarding the concept behind my question.

Happy to try to refine the question if it's too long or too broad. Willing to hear feedback regarding it. TY!

Hiya! I had mistakenly left out my message to you in the original response comment. I edited the comment to include my message to you!
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Goalid wrote: »
    Vaknar wrote: »
    @Goalid (question) - Steven has mentioned in the past that "at this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing." - hope this helps!

My concern @Vaknar is that there's not going to be a proper representation of players who want to use NA-Central servers. Almost all of the guilds that have formed so far in Ashes of Creation haven't been advertising for a specific region in North America. I know my guild for example has players all the way from Hawaii to England. So to us, a NA-Central server is the perfect way to evenly spread out ping. I'm certain that plenty of the other guilds feel the same way, in fact many have told me personally they want to play on a Central server. But will that desire to play on a Central server be represented by whatever method Intrepid uses to look at user interest? Will Google search activity by region properly inform Intrepid that potentially hundreds of guilds with 100+ players want to play on a NA-Central server? Will looking at my East Coast IP tell Intrepid that I want to play on a Central server?

I understand if there isn't enough to justify a NA-Central server, but I want player feedback and interest to be properly represented so Intrepid can make an informed decision on the matter.

As always, thanks for the great job you and Roshen do!

We totally hear you. I'm from the midwest and I know the feeling of wanting central servers, lol!

The best answer I can provide in addition to the one I gave you is that we aren't quite at that stage of finalizing server locations. Once Alpha Two is live, I believe we will be closer to a place of knowing our server locations.

In the meantime, if you feel passionate about central servers, I highly recommend starting a forum thread and getting those people you mentioned to chime in on how important a NA Central server is! This will help us make more of an informed decision when the day comes ;)
    community_management.gif
  • HalaeHalae Member
    edited August 2022
    Here's a question:
    How many people are expected to live in each level of node? For example, are we expecting triple digits in a metropolis, or is that too high?

EDIT: Just realized this probably won't get answered since this is for the last stream. Dammit, I need to stop making posts while tired.
  • NadavNadav Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    How will power creep be addressed in this game? Like, will starter zones offer just as much of a challenge to higher levels who choose to come back later on? Or will a higher-level character be able to steamroll through lower-level content.