Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New gameplay footage

What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6iNpeHv7l1Y

Comments

• I like it. AoC only have 1 year in development.

Is the first iteration and first video of combat and gameplay.

Movement of character, cloth, music and FX sounds... And much more of things that for me are very good for the first video.

I believe in this game. I believe in a Intrepid Studios Project. I believe and think that Intrepid Studios was doing a good job and I hope a great game in the release.

Congrats for all people and members of Intrepid Studios.
  • I gotta say. It looks really good for pre-alpha footage. Now that being said. Something seems kinda weird with that character tho.. not sure if it's the clothes she's wearing... or her proportions... she seems to have large hips / legs. But really skinny arms .. lol. But yeah. The graphics look great. Spell effects look pretty decent too. And I'm sure there's room for polish.
  • [quote quote=3514]
    I believe in this game. I believe in a Intrepid Studios Project. I believe and think that Intrepid Studios was doing a good job and I hope a great game in the release.
    [/quote]
    Best way to describe it :)

[quote quote=3515]I gotta say. It looks really good for pre-alpha footage. Now that being said. Something seems kinda weird with that character tho.. not sure if it’s the clothes she’s wearing… or her proportions… she seems to have large hips / legs. But really skinny arms .. lol. But yeah. The graphics look great. Spell effects look pretty decent too. And I’m sure there’s room for polish.

[/quote]
    I agree the character looks kinda wonky, but is this height/weight character creation confirmed? ;) (Idk if its just me, but she looks kinda like Hannah from the Yogscast?).

All in all theres just one thing to say, I think I came a little when I saw the spell animation when she removed the stone.
  • Looks fantastic. I am curious about the UI
  • [quote quote=3517]Looks fantastic. I am curious about the UI

[/quote]
    Agreed, she throws around quite alot of spells :)
  • Looks like a pre-alpha. From what the video showcased I would say that there is much more room for improvement in the dungeon department when it comes to mechanics and objectives.
  • i loved it i cant wait for a gameplay UI tralier :)

or even a tank combat trailer :)
  • Holy crap. Make being a bandit/thief viable and balanced, and I'm in 1000%.
  • I like the idea of using a spell to light up the dark areas. Though I kinda wonder how non-magic classes will be able to see in the dark...

Besides the falling stones seem to bounce a little too far off the ground. It somehow makes them seem much more leightweight than they shoud be. But as it is the first gameplay-footage we get, I don't expect perfect animations. The video does already exceed my expectations.
  • Man I thought it was beautiful graphics. Can't wait to see classes/races. I am also hoping there isn't open pvp. Yes, I'm a carebear. Or at least a separation of pvp/pve servers.

This video looks like beta, not Alpha content. These guys are on the ball for sure.
  • [quote quote=3526]Looks like a pre-alpha. [/quote]

You haven't seen a lot of pre-alpha footage then?!
    This is pre-alpha footage from 2 upcomming MMOs:
    Camelot Unchained: https://goo.gl/bTlgAC .
    Crowfall: https://goo.gl/wVC97Z .
    Come on man, you gotta admit Intrepids first<strong>PRE-ALPHA</strong> footage looks amazing? :D
    There is always room for improvement... This is the first footage, ofc it's gonna gets improved! ;)
  • Hard to believe thats actual in game footage.
  • I like it, the game play seems really nice! The dungeon boss seems like he needs a group of players to kill! Some animations like walking and falling still seem a little unnatural, but its not even alpha yet O.o but the game play seems really nice, despite them only having one animator. But Steven is hiring 3 more luckily :D Although I do want to see a game play with the UI on.