Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Possibly a small area where you can test your main class skills before you pick it?

SaltyOnigiriSaltyOnigiri Member
edited August 2022 in Support & FAQ
Maybe in character creation (or whenever you pick your class) there could be a small “test” button where you teleport to a small instanced area with a target dummy and you can test out the weapon you might want to main?

I believe your first class pick is pretty important and I’d be nice to know if you like the feel of a weapon before you pick it.

I’m thinking something similar to the testing area in monster hunter world, but on a smaller scale.

Comments

• Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Or Test Server?
  • Options
    Im not sure if a whole server to just test weapons would be necessary but I would be fine with that as long as whatever character your using (I’m guessing either a basic default character or maybe whatever you’ve made) doesn’t count as filing up one of your character slots until you commit to the class.
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2022
    I have played games in the past where, during character creation, you were able to do a small "test drive" of your class (in Ashes' case, primary archetype) kit. It's a good addition, I don't see any reason not to have this.

Other games didn't have this test drive, but they had a quick 2 or 3 second video showing each skill from each class, which might be good enough when choosing your primary archetype and at least watching its skills.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    I wouldn’t mind a quick video showcase for the primary archetype. We’re seeing a lot on them now and most of them are pretty self explanatory. I definitely want to know how the secondary archetype may change my play style and skills before making a decision.
  • Options
    SomethingWittySomethingWitty Member, Staff, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    We are happy to hear your suggestions, but please post them in the General Discussion section.

This section is for help with your account.
    customer_support.gif
This discussion has been closed.