Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Can corrupted players fully remove their corruption through death?

SaltyOnigiriSaltyOnigiri Member
edited August 2022 in Support & FAQ
https ://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP

czdspxjbqipe.png

My question is….will corrupted players be able to just store their items(or have friend pick them up upon death) and either have a combatant friend or guild member just kill them over and over until they are no longer corrupted?

If this is the case, a good way to stop it is to have a certain percentage of corruption able to be removed by death and the rest must be removed through gaining experience.

That way even if they try to just die over and over they can only remove a certain percentage of their corruption.

Comments

• bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes. But look at the death penalties. They are intended to be pretty harsh for the corrupted.
    The only place they can store stuff as corrupted is their freehold. If they can make it. Trading will be disabled.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand that either method (death or grinding) will remove corruption, but death will do so faster.

The corrupt player could have a friend kill him or her, though if the dropped items are particularly valuable, the 'friend' may choose the item over the friendship.

I suspect that those who see the 'friend' killing the Red player will also spread the word that the 'friend' deserves to be on the 'No Trade/No Guild/Avoid this A..hole' list of all decent players.
  • I mean I suppose it really just depends on your guild, and your friends. For instance, I have a group of ride or dies, whom I happen to know in real life, who would happily hand my stuff back to me after letting me die several times to lower my corruption.

It's definitely a safer option than running around waiting for a BH who I know is gonna take my stuff. I also personally don't think that the friend would be socially outcasted for killing a corrupted player unless the corrupted individual was a psychopath who everyone knew was just running around killing greens. Also, I mean this is a pretty big world. I'd like to think players can find an area to kill respawn kill without being noticed.

Im just really saying that this whole situation can be avoided. Let's say killing a green nets you a corruption score of 100. AOC team could set it so you can get your corruption score down to 20 by dying. However, At least 20% of your corruption must be removed by gaining experience.

That will force Corrupted players to play as "corrupted players" for at least a little while and also ensure that BH have the opportunity to actually kill these guys.
  • rv5uu0s1nf9a.png

As for the death penalties @tautau, there are a few workarounds. The most obvious being your friend is killing you and therefore any loot you drop on death is safe with them.

Teleporting to a random location in the vicinity of the location is more of a minor inconvenience because you can just run back to your friend to either get your stuff or die again.

Dampening and corruption penalties don’t really apply because your lowering your corruption score each time your friend kills you.

The only real “penalty” for this method is experience debt which would “scale to approximately 2 or 3 percent of the total XP for a max level player.”

However, and I don’t know how yet, it has been mentioned by Stephen that:

We don't have deleveling, instead what we have is experience debt. Now the more experience debt you accrue, the greater the detriment to your character; not to the point where you can not get out of the debt. There will always be a way forward to remove your debt. – Steven Sharif
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_death

Which means that way is gonna need to be super cumbersome to keep players from just kill respawning.
  • tautau wrote: »
    I understand that either method (death or grinding) will remove corruption, but death will do so faster.

The corrupt player could have a friend kill him or her, though if the dropped items are particularly valuable, the 'friend' may choose the item over the friendship.

I suspect that those who see the 'friend' killing the Red player will also spread the word that the 'friend' deserves to be on the 'No Trade/No Guild/Avoid this A..hole' list of all decent players.

In Albion online when you died some of your dropped items would be randomly destroyed.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    HoboGamer wrote: »
    tautau wrote: »

In Albion online when you died some of your dropped items would be randomly destroyed.

We experienced this same thing in alpha 1. Hopefully it stays.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • SaltyOnigiriSaltyOnigiri Member
    edited August 2022

We experienced this same thing in alpha 1. Hopefully it stays.

If that’s the case, that definitely changes things! That would be a great way to handle kill respawn kill because players still have a chance to lose something important to them. I hope they keep that system in place as well.
This discussion has been closed.