Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Will grouping while questing be encouraged (group exp)? Adding a twist to the question, will family member + marriage add a benefit while grouping ( group exp). The same could be said for guildies questing together.
    Thanks all!
  • Are you going in any shape or forme enforce the action of changing class through the story line or once the class pick , we will be able go through the story with that class ?
  • When do we get to see a preview of crafting?
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On naval content will there be currents in the water that boosts or decreases the speed in certain directions?
    And may they change between seasons or time of the day?
    Skills are Non and Tab Target
    Will AOEs also be non or tab Target?
    And whill certain AOE skills have a AOE effect on both the target or tabbed target and the caster like heals or buffs (chantings from Bards)?
  • Could you give a development update on some of the core features like events, siege mechanics, quest content, etc?
  • Will rogues have an ability to throw things such as knives and or throwing stars within its own archetype?
    Echuta.

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    Tryol wrote: »
    I love how the open world bosses are designed without any scaling in mind, but this brings up a concern.
    Will there be some kind of measure to prevent high level players / guilds to farm low level open world bosses which are clearly not intended for their level?

In other mmos the bosses wouldnt drop any loot, wouldnt awared any xp, nor contribute clan points. In other mmos if players let's say 9 or 15 lv higher than the RB (cant remember the number) attacked, they would freeze for 15 minutes (or more. I cant remember the details). Dont be concerned. The devs have played those games I refered to and Im sure wouldnt allow high lv players steal content from lower lvs.
  • Leumas256Leumas256 Member
    edited August 2022
    As someone hoping to be a scribe, I'm hoping that scribes will be a desired profession class that brings clear value to their skills such as blacksmiths and alchemists. Will the RNG involved with enchanting be on the scribe's end or the person doing the enchanting's? Will the scribe have a chance of failure when making a scroll, or will the person who bought the scroll have a chance to fail in enchanting the gear they wanted and have to buy another scroll?
  • Why does Ashes of creation seem to have so many single player mounts. I understand that there will be "rare" unlockable multiple player mounts. But why make them rare? Why not have all mounts be at least 2 player mounts in order to increase player interactions?
  • What's more important the game vison or player feedback and if vison what would it take to admit something was a bad idea and follow the will of the community.
    (I hate asking this but this is coming from path of exiles latest loot changes that has every content creator speaking out and a massive dip is steam ratings)
  • ElwendryllElwendryll Member
    edited August 2022
    I am wondering about guild skills. It's mentioned on the wiki you can unlock passives and augments for the players instead of increasing the member cap. How much more powerful can you get if you pick combat related bonuses?
  • I have concernes about guild managing the game, basicly here what it concerne :
    What will happen if guild have "too much" influence, meaning that every time a node become a litle too big, it is imediatly destroyed, and because the guid is "too big", it's a "sure win" ( optimized pvp stuff / build VS random player most PVE (probably) ) and so , it's either you're under the guild or you're destroyed.
    Sorry for my english. French here !
  • PlandemoniumPlandemonium Member
    edited August 2022
    1. What if the servers at some point need to be merged due to low population ? Each server is different which makes it impossible to do the merge.

2. Aren't you worried that the cities might seem empty ? If there is a maximum of 10,000 players on a server and there are 103 NODs on map, that comes out to only 97 players per NOD. Are you assume that some NODs will not be populated at all ?
    The game will be subcribtion and every server will have a player limit (account limit) how does the system react if some players stop playing and so nolonger pay the subrcibtion fee.

Will the server open up slots for new Accounts to be made in them?

and what happens if Players restart playing the game on those severs, that had let in additional accounts to be made.

will all be able to play or will the server only allow a set amount of accounts be active at any given time?
  • Hey Steven, Being a big fan of crafting. How long will crafting take, will it be instant or will it take time to craft something?If so, how long are you thinking?
  • AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be any way for the average (non mayor) player to tell where a node is as far as its development toward the next level/stage (similar to level development for characters)? Something like an XP bar. Players may find this interesting in finding a node to put effort towards developing.
  • How will you guys handle/take ideas and criticism post launch? Will there still be regular forum updates prompting us for feedback?
  • Bring back item death. Where gear loses max durability every time it's repaired until it is broken/unrepairable..
    sJ4g8FI.png
  • MycologyMycology Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be a softcap for crafting/artisan skills based on your characters base level?
  • Will Ashes of Creation feature a custom Anti-Cheat solution, an off the shelf product e.g. EAC, or some combination of both?
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Friday for our livestream!

xqtye8qxiifc.gif

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • In the interest of preserving gear progression and immersion through leveling, is there any plans to limit purchased cosmetics to higher levels? It’s always a bit immersion breaking when a level 1 has end-game-style armor on in the starting zone because they paid extra money.
  • DrunkninjaDrunkninja Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Since all the Archtypes can use all the weapon types, will crafted items or dropped items generate with random stats?
  • I know this probably won't be picked due to the complications of giving a timeline. But do you see the Alpha 2 being more than a fools chance of being ready in 2022? I think everyone expects 2023 to be more likely and of course want y'all to get it right without rushing.
  • Gimlog wrote: »
    Are you going in any shape or forme enforce the action of changing class through the story line or once the class pick , we will be able go through the story with that class ?

Griimlog, your primary Archetype is permanent and cannot be changed, your secondary Archetype will then determine your overall class, and can be changed at any time (probably for a small cost or something) to any other secondary archetype.
  • What kinds of weapons are planned to be playable? Meaning will there only be the standard weapons like sword, axe, bow, etc. or are some unique ones like the sickle, scythe or the chakram planned aswell?
  • I think you've mentioned before that there is a minimum range for ranged weapons. Does this imply that ranged classes should also be expected to melee? Or is it implied that they would mainly use mobility to get out of close combat to start attacking again?
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    edited August 2022
    In the current plan, will basic bow attacks require a draw (e.g. click, hold for x milliseconds, then release) similar to ESO/Skyrim? Or will a basic bow attack be an instant attack (via either LMB or other key map) similar to NWO/WoW?

Thanks in advance!
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • SolrSolr Member
    Will you be able to tune your own spells (dmg, range, aoe, visability, slows etc), either from talent points or from materials from bosses or will it be an effect from gear?