Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes pub

Well, we have a lot of threads up and running now but I think its about time we get to know each other a bit better so I made this thread for that purpose. if you just want to talk about the game or what you're going to do feel free to post to your heart's content. 

Please note no real life info like names or address

I may as well start, well I'm nagash and you may have seen me around the forums a bit. I've been interested in this game for around 3 weeks and I already love the feel of the game, the community is a great place from what ive seen and m glade to meet you all . 

Comments

• nagash   and all fellow adventurers!  
    I'm Cylver, pronounced "Silver".  I Chose that name or some various form of it to suit which character I developed due to the fact that "Silver" was always taken and I have always had a thing about giving my characters  as close to silver hair as possible.  I've been gaming since the 1990's and my main usually strives to be a good healer.  
    I am very excited about Ashes of Creation and look forward to meeting everyone and working towards a great game experience.

CylverRayne
  • nagash   and fellow gamers!

People call me Cylver or Cyl,  pronounced "silver."   My characters usually have silver/white hair  therefore the name.    I've been hanging around as a healer in various worlds since the 1990's.   I was thrilled to find Ashes and am looking forward to meeting everyone and contributing to what hopefully is going to be a great game! A friend and I like many of you here have been searching  for a long time for a decent game not catering to the free to play crowd and those who want to race through a game to the end just to complain how bored they are.

Ashes of Creation sounds like just what the Healer err, doctor ordered! 

CylverRayne
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Aye good idea :) 

I've been around for a long time, but took a two months vacation about a month back, which is why the new level of activity might seem wierd :) 
    I like this community since most of it seem very mature, and you can actually have some meaningful discussions about the game.

When not discussing the games I tend to play the tanky-charge-in dude, and usually with a lighthearted attitude towards any game. I'm never really a "hardcore gamer", more of a "spend all the time and accomplish minor goals gamer" ;)

Hopefully the final game will have the same community as it has now :) Salutes and takes a swig of the rum.
  • nice to meet you guys, Obviously both @Julemanden and @Nagashare large parts of the community, I hope to be too.

I've been following the game since it started it's KS a while back, been aware of it a little longer but only as here say, joined the community of the forums about 3-4 days ago after i finally backed the project.

I wish to bring my real life economic prowess to the guild I wish to lead. in a node quite central. championing both Mercantile and Mercenary type focuses. I will likely play a tank/bard character with the hope that I can protect my guild members and boost where I can.

Trade route will be treated like a battle ground where we must protect the assets.

I hope to meet you all in @Xantham 's Inn some time.
  • nagash   and fellow gamers!

People call me Cylver or Cyl,  pronounced "silver."   My characters usually have silver/white hair  therefore the name.    I've been hanging around as a healer in various worlds since the 1990's.   I was thrilled to find Ashes and am looking forward to meeting everyone and contributing to what hopefully is going to be a great game! A friend and I like many of you here have been searching  for a long time for a decent game not catering to the free to play crowd and those who want to race through a game to the end just to complain how bored they are.

Ashes of Creation sounds like just what the Healer err, doctor ordered! 

• *Huggles the repeating Cyl carefully* 
    I know, I know, it's all terribly exciting it can seem a bit overwhelming at first. :wink:

Wonderful to properly meet you all, I'm..well right now I'm Megs/Genna, I joined as Vachery and will probably change again soon.
    I have three terribly farty dogs. 
    I like good food.
    Good booze.
    I...
    Forage, waffle, write, roleplay, suck at PvP, have MS, live with a viking, have a 'boring' taste in music, throw poi, juggle, am learning nunchuka, can already throw knives (badly), am 38, love sweet things, oooh I have just got a walking treadmill desk because of MS/raynauds disease heat issues means going out really sucks sometimes, really want to be totally covered in tats, have spent all my tat funds on this game....
    Ok brb to finish this, Thor is calling me to dinner x
  • Hi all,

Been interested in this game for a few weeks now and took a while to decide:

a) was I going to pledge?

b) if so, how much?

Made my mind up on Friday and here I am. I look forward to learning more about the game as new info is revealed and I look forward to being part of a community who also have an interest in this game. It's been nice meeting many of you over the last few days and I look forward to meeting more over the next few years.  

• Hi Everyone. My forum name is Lexmax, but my character names vary depending on the mythos. I've played MMOs since 2004. I enjoy PvE, collecting, crafting/gathering, PvP and RP in roughly that order. I usually play a range of classes and try to have characters in all the main roles: ranged, melee, healer and tank.

I won't mention specific games, but I think many MMOs have become too focussed on short term profit at the expense of long term player experience. Unlike other games, MMO's are a lifestyle choice for many. The profit should derive from building and nurturing a massive online community, rather than using cheap tactics to cash out on the player base. The math is very simple: A growing subscription base is far more profitable than churning out a new title every year that people try for a few weeks and throw away. 

I'm looking forward to AoC because I think Intrepid has this broader vision; coupled with the potential for reinventing and revitalising this genre with a truly great game we can play for life.

• I hope to meet you all in @Xantham 's Inn some time.
    BAHAHAHA so good! Would you like to be a franchisee? :hushed:
  • Starting to sober up in here. Barkeep!  :*:(