Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, August 26, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

14567810»

Comments

• Are there going to be static sea currents, which would act as "roads" on which trade (and pirate) ships would travel at highest speeds, being less reliant on wind?
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    @PHaRTnONu (question) - We currently have no plans to bring back guild name reservations.

can you answer the second part please?
    If not is there any plan to avoid this conflict. or a way to have precedent be a ruling factor?
    Branding is very important to alot of these larger guild like ours (500+ players)

PHaRTnONu wrote: »
    I and other company (Guild) owners have alot of time (years/decades) behind some of out branding & names.
    Are there any plans to bring back Guild Name reservations?
    If not is there any plan to avoid this conflict. or a way to have precedent be a ruling factor?
    Branding is very important to alot of these larger guild like ours (500+ players)

• Will there be custom guild strongholds for the cool guilds? Like freeholds, built somewhere in the open world. And if so, will the architecture be based on the most popular race in the guild? (Not the guild building in cities
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited August 2022
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

@SirChancelot (question) - Your skills come from your primary archetype choice. Your secondary archetype does not provide additional skills. You can read more about this here, on the wiki!

I know that it has been said that active skills are only based off the primary archetype.
    But some of the passive skills like max HP or mana are shared by a couple of archetypes. My question is asking about the passive skills specifically.

If I do a mage/tank. Will the damage mitigation that the tank has access to be available to the primary mage archetype?

I see! Steven addressed a somewhat similar question last month (Which can be found here)

TL;DR: The team is ironing out the details on this at the moment and we will have more information to share soon ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    @PHaRTnONu (question) - We currently have no plans to bring back guild name reservations.

can you answer the second part please?

I and other company (Guild) owners have alot of time (years/decades) behind some of out branding & names.
    Are there any plans to bring back Guild Name reservations?

Precedent will not be a ruling factor for guilds wanting to claim a name, and it will be first come first serve.
    community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: »
    Greetings everyone - thank you so much again for sharing your questions with us, and for tuning in for today's livestream! In case you didn't hear us cover your question on the stream, it may be because we've shared an answer previously - check out more on that below!

@SirChancelot (question) - Your skills come from your primary archetype choice. Your secondary archetype does not provide additional skills. You can read more about this here, on the wiki!

I know that it has been said that active skills are only based off the primary archetype.
    But some of the passive skills like max HP or mana are shared by a couple of archetypes. My question is asking about the passive skills specifically.

If I do a mage/tank. Will the damage mitigation that the tank has access to be available to the primary mage archetype?

I see! Steven addressed a somewhat similar question last month (Which can be found here)

TL;DR: The team is ironing out the details on this at the moment and we will have more information to share soon ^_^

Fair enough
    Thanks dude
  • TeltheKeeperTeltheKeeper Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    since there will be quest paths that will enable darker forms of worship, will completing those quests flag you as a heretic to other Opposing religions? if so is there a way to Convert Cities to those darker religions?
  • How will changing your secondary class work, and will it be possible to change it at a node before something like fortress sieges and then change it back afterwards? If not, how long will the cooldown be?
    [Fortunes Wrath] https://fortuneswrath.com/
    Cleric
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fyppzyr6egwlqfok7dpffkpeteji5hhvcq9kkqbqb&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited September 2022
    How is skill in combat weighted against matchup advantages between classes, in terms of importance during a fight? Is skill important enough to the outcome of the fight, that you can reasonably overcome a disadvantage your class has in that matchup?
  • TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Never mind me, accidentally posted in the wrong thread.