Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Minimum PC requirements

I found them but I think it would be a good idea to make them easier to find for those of us looking forward to the game and building/buying a PC to get the most out of it.

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2022
    Dreadphul wrote: »
    I found them but I think it would be a good idea to make them easier to find for those of us looking forward to the game and building/buying a PC to get the most out of it.

If you are buying new, it would be almost literally impossible to not exceed the minimum recommended spec.

The only thing it would be possible to get wrong is ram - though since the recommendation is 16gb, you basically need to go out of your way to do a poor job of building a computer to not hit that mark.

From there, it is basically a case of "you need a CPU and GPU".

Even going second hand it would be hard to not meet the recommended spec, honestly. You would need to purposely buy something that isnt designed for gaming at all.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

I am pretty sure they haven't been updated for a while either. Looking at the recommended specs, I would never go higher than 1080p resolution with that type of setup.

But yeah, once updated they should probably make them more prominent on their website.

We'll be getting a bunch of new tech this fall/winter, from both AMD, Intel and Nvidia. I'll be watching the reviews and benchmarks for sure, in preparation for A2.
  • CROW3 wrote: »

I mentioned that I found them. They're just hard to find. If I was affiliated with sales/marketing at Intrepid, I would push for PC requirements to be easier to find because I would want people to 'buy in' to my game when they purchase/build a computer specifically for my game.
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    CROW3 wrote: »

I mentioned that I found them. They're just hard to find. If I was affiliated with sales/marketing at Intrepid, I would push for PC requirements to be easier to find because I would want people to 'buy in' to my game when they purchase/build a computer specifically for my game.

There's no reason for them to make it easier to find yet. The computer requirements aren't final, they haven't even been updated at all since they did the swap over to UE5 for example. The requirements will 100% change before release.
    nI17Ea4.png