Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Community Office Hours in Discord - Wednesday, September 14 at 4 PM PDT

RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
edited September 2022 in Announcements
Join @Roshen and @Vaknar over in the Ashes of Creation Discord for a voice chat during our next Community Office Hours on Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 4:00PM PDT (Convert to your local time). This event should last about one hour.

Community Office Hours is a pilot program where you get to join members of the Community Team over voice chat to discuss a variety of topics.

For this session, we will be using Discord Stage. Every 10 minutes, we’ll be bringing up small groups of players.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

On Wednesday, September 14, 2022, our main discussion topic is regarding the tank role, and tank participation. You can find the forum thread on this topic here.

In this session, we’ll break each of the 10 minute segments up to focus on one of these conversations:
  • Tanks in group content - In a group setting, what responsibilities of a tank role do you think should be solely on the tank? Are there any responsibilities that are usually put on the tank role that you feel should be shared between members of the group?
  • Tanks in raid content - Would you prefer more traditional MMORPG main and off-tank roles, or would you prefer to see combat experiences with several tanks fighting?
    • What is an acceptable level of tank specialization? How many of our 8 tank classes should be able to main tank a boss for a raid force? If a tank cannot main tank a raid boss, what should they be able to do to make up for that?
  • Tanks in PvP situations - What feels good and what doesn’t feel good about tanks in player vs player situations?
  • Tanks in solo situations - When soloing as a tank, what are things you like, and what are things you’d like to see us avoid.
  • Discussion of tank abilities - From your experiences in other games, what feels good, and what doesn’t, regarding a tank’s class kit?

Thanks again! We look forward to chatting with you all soon!
community_management.gif

Comments

• Often tanks can be leading the group chat. Can we give more reasons for other classes to take away some of that responsibility?
  • I’m really hoping that all the tanks will be viable as main tanks. I’m hoping that the sub specs bring different flair or different utility to situations. We shouldn’t have to be forced to be 1 certain tank spec to be the main tank.
  • KalnazzarKalnazzar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm looking for actually feeling like a tank, I want to move a little slower but can take a beating. Demon Souls was the only game I felt my role in this way. Example a full plate set a tower shield and a claymore I could use in one hand. DPS use strength for damage a tank uses it to fortify his body iron muscles and frame that's what a tank means to me.
  • GragisGragis Member
    edited September 2022
    Moved my answer to proper page. Loved the discussion ! :)
  • maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wait - I missed this! NOOOOOOO :'(

Ah well.
    Next time.
    I wish I were deep and tragic