Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

New Forums Are Here! *Updated*

Comments

• T-Elf said:
    Would love to have a way to go to last read post instead of having to scroll thru all the time.  Also another request to have back to top button or forum topic button on bottom of each page so I don't have to keep scrolling.
    If you go to the "Recent Discussion" at the top to the right, and you've been to a post before it will say "X New" meaning x new messages since you last looked. If you then click it, it will then take you to the oldest of the new :) Even if its on another page.
  • Keep at it, you will make it amazing!
  • Much easier to navigate, thanks Intrepid!
  • love the new forum! gj  :#
  • Nice move with the forum change! >:)
  • Nice but please please please replace:
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        font-family: inherit;
        font-weight: 700;
        color: #222;
    }

For:
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        color: #FFFFFF;
    }

Or
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
        color: #c10000;
    }
  • Nice work! :)
  • The forums look good. Glad to see the change!
  • Looks awesome!
  • this looks great! had some minor issues with the signature, but i'm sure everything will be 'overhauled' within the next few weeks :smily: thank you @intrepid
  • big improvement +1
  • Thanks for the new forums!
  • new forums looking good
  • Is there a developer tracker?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    The poll feature is amazing. But can you change the layout of the portraits under the votes to horizontal instead of vertical? It's leaving a lot of empty space and when our community gets bigger, one poll might take up 2-3 pages of just portraits.
    EDIT: maybe even have the option to hide/show the people who voted?
  • This is a bug report regarding the new forums: Editing a post (my own of course) made it disappear from the thread.  :#
  • Why vanilla over other softwares like vB or IPB and such?
  • Lookd very pretty new forums. In a some days all wil be ok and work correctly.

Congrats to Intrepid Team!!!
  • nice
  • Can we please get notifications if someone likes/agrees/disagreees/lols your comment please ^^ 
    edited June 2017
    Julemanden Member ✭✭

If you go to the "Recent Discussion" at the top to the right, and you've been to a post before it will say "X New" meaning x new messages since you last looked. If you then click it, it will then take you to the oldest of the new Even if its on another page.

I have yet to make anything work in regards to making New or New Messages work to take me to the first unread post of a Topic past the old read posts.  In fact, nothing does that.  I sure wish we could have that feature.
  • Just found out you can post gifs as well as normal images ^^
  • Maybe it's just me, but I like traditional forum styles that allow for auto resizing to the monitors resolution.  This seem very narrow on a 27" monitor.   I have more empty black space on the left and right than the actual forum uses.   
    edited June 2017
    T-Elf said:
    Would love to have a way to go to last read post instead of having to scroll thru all the time.  Also another request to have back to top button or forum topic button on bottom of each page so I don't have to keep scrolling.
    If you go to the "Recent Discussion" at the top to the right, and you've been to a post before it will say "X New" meaning x new messages since you last looked. If you then click it, it will then take you to the oldest of the new :) Even if its on another page.

I haven't been able to find anything that works as regards New Posts on a topic that will send me to the first new post past the old ones.
  • T-Elf said:

I haven't been able to find anything that works as reguards New Posts on a topic that will send me to the first new post past the old ones.
  • Yay! We're up!
  • WOOT !
  • What is going on?
    I posted something, it was there ONCE because I clicked once. Now 1 day later my post was posted 2 more times after others responding to post 1. 
    It just tripled my post :<
    Why is it happening?
    edited June 2017
    Search function seems a bit buggy.  Doesn't find anything I search for, even if I copy and paste from an actual post on the forum.

Also:  Can you please make it more obvious if there are new posts in a certain thread?  The color difference between read and unread forum threads/sections is not very obvious.  20% more shade variance should be fine, maybe.  
  • Virtek said:
    Search function seems a bit buggy.  Doesn't find anything I search for, even if I copy and paste from an actual post on the forum.

Also:  Can you please make it more obvious if there are new posts in a certain thread?  The color difference between read and unread forum threads/sections is not very obvious.  20% more shade variance should be fine, maybe.  
    There is some more work the webteam is currently doing on the forums, such as fixing bugs and visual upgrades, as for the new post's that may come soon, when the team addresses the ongoing issues
This discussion has been closed.