Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

An idea about resources for equipment!

I think it's good that the game has content where there's pve and pvp, but if you keep the game 100% dedicated to open dungeons, the game will be overcrowded in good points to get resources and right away this will make a lot of people discouraged with the game
I believe that in addition to open dungeons you should put a weekly limit on "access" to places where a person can enter a pve dungeon to get resources or get the exact same resources in pvp content. These would be capture the flag, capture and hold points and similar content
I've been playing MMORPG since 2003 and I like the difficulty of getting old equipment, but the difficulty is good, when it's something that just depends on our dedication. Now if you depend on places where it will always be crowded with people with high competition, the game will stop being fun and become stressful
It would be PVP content without combat. And yes, games and stuff like that, here's an example of another game that might inspire you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6JPpF49alQ

Comments

• Access would be a weekly cap and caps would be spent each time the person entered the dungeon or could also pvp in a closed instance. Access would be spent equally whether you joined pvp or pve
  • Resource scarcity is the whole point. You want to farm something but there's people already farming that location - either fight them for it or try joining them. That's the game.
  • HashtarrHashtarr Member
    edited September 2022
    NiKr wrote: »
    Resource scarcity is the whole point. You want to farm something but there's people already farming that location - either fight them for it or try joining them. That's the game.

You evolving with difficulty is a good thing, now you can't evolve just because the game doesn't have enough slots is something that kills games. I recently played a game where I had this idea of ​​open dungeons and I'll tell you. It was shit. The name of the game was MIR4.

Yes, friend, but this does not generate that pleasant difficulty of conquest, but stressful.
  • Hashtarr wrote: »
    You evolving with difficulty is a good thing, now you can't evolve just because the game doesn't have enough slots is something that kills games. I recently played a game where I had this idea of ​​open dungeons and I'll tell you. It was shit. The name of the game was MIR4.

Yes, friend, but this does not generate that pleasant difficulty of conquest, but stressful.
    And I played 12 years of open world dungeons with limited mob spots with dozens (and sometimes hundreds) of people fighting for those locations. And I (and many others) loved that. Everyone who doesn't like scarce materials can just not play the game. Steven knows his design and who it appeals to.
  • @Hashtarr
    Server cap and resource density will determine this.
    Population will be spread across the world so it should be easy to get right.
  • @Hashtarr
    Server cap and resource density will determine this.
    Population will be spread across the world so it should be easy to get right.

I really hope that the big map can meet the demand of so many players. I really believe that if it's not enough it will make the game lose a lot of players.

• NiKr wrote: »
    Hashtarr wrote: »

And I played 12 years of open world dungeons with limited mob spots with dozens (and sometimes hundreds) of people fighting for those locations. And I (and many others) loved that. Everyone who doesn't like scarce materials can just not play the game. Steven knows his design and who it appeals to.

If availability doesn't meet demand, the game will simply fail. This system generates a monopoly and I've seen what can happen with some guilds created monopolies. It wasn't one or two, I've seen about 5 mmorpg die because of guild greed...

I hope that doesn't happen to Ashes. But my xp in the genre has already made me see certain things...