Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Will there be any locations that can only be accessed using flying mounts, and would these locations have any content associated with them? Thanks.
  • Be7o wrote: »
    Will there be economic focused professions?
    Like Traders/Dealers who can open stands to sell items while offline, reduce tax, bypass some reputation requirements, see markets outside their node, etc.
    @Be7o wiki at least partially answers:
    Players will be able to move resources and set up shop in other areas to take advantage of the varied markets. With resources spawning dynamically, certain regions will naturally become important trading hubs for the transportation of goods throughout the world.[2]
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Resources

Player stalls: An attendant NPC is assigned to the stall. Character does not need to be online or at the stall.[6][8][9]
    Personal shops: Player must be online and present at the shop.[6][9]
    There is a table which describes the differences between the Player stalls and the Personal shops
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Personal_shops
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Can someone who is purple heal or buff a red in PVP? Can a red heal a red in PVP? Both in party and not in party cases.
    2edh26ackfsa.png
    The Wolves of Verra
    are recruiting: https://discord.gg/4bFySwxS
  • ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Fishing Question - While fishing, will we be able to see accurate models of the species on the end of the line WHILE we are reeling it in, or will it be generic fish model till you land it?
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've played MMORPGs where your average, casual, solo PvE encounter consists of cleaving down large groups of mobs effortlessly, and other MMORPGs where even fighting a single non-elite mob is a challenge without a group. Where is AoC trying to stand on that spectrum of average PvE encounter difficulty?
  • When i'm dead... will i have to walk back to my corpse or what mechanic is here planned for release?
  • Would the Tulnar Design Team please consider adding a Chimera Snake-as-a-tail as a customization option? I love the mythical feel of this design...
  • Will we be able to furnish our ships similar to housing?
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Pertaining to Artisan classes, will there be a hard stop on the amount you can research a day(i.e. timers), or will you be able to constantly research in your field of choice?

For example: When you research a weapon trait in ESO, it starts up a cooldown timer for x amount of time, limiting you from progressing that items research until the timer is up.
  • What is the impact of logging out during a PvP fight in Ashes of Creation? Will it affect corruption mechanics? If a player marked red (in corruption) continually logs out before they are killed, do they escape their comeuppance?
  • OnyStyleOnyStyle Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Many MMOS die or are ruined because huge bugs are discovered that ruin an economy after open beta is finished. If such a bug is discovered, what would Intrepids approach be to resolve these bugs and ensure the quality of the game? Would Intrepid be willing to put the servers back into open beta and reset the servers after the issues are fixed? Would you be willing to rollback the servers?
  • When it comes to gathering. Will all foilage be gatherable (Trees choppable, bushes/flowers harvestable, water fishable) Or will players only be able to gather certain items?
  • What about making an item that could "hide" a players identity. The player would still be seen just as normal, but the name above their head would not be present. It could make for some really cool moments and could even provide players with a secret identity by using different gear when using the item.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Has the ever-inspirational Lead Programmer Kevin McPherson recently made any particularly cool comments and if so could you share whatever it was?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• SatanicalSatanical Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How much horizontal content will there be. Not a big fan of daily's, hence we not asking about daily's.
  • Will there be a emote system for the social aspect of the game and will there be a way to have some kind of social interactions in a Tavern's? And I mean maybe something like New World has where you can play instruments in a small group to get buffed, or like an Emote where you dance and others can join you to get buffed (For like gathering skills as an example)?
  • A question about in-game activities: "Asides from the ever-popular FISHING, are there any other mini-games about which you could share some details?"
  • AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will we, as players, have the ability to find out what the alts of a particular player account are?

I think in a game like this, people should not be able to hide behind alts. People matter... let the facts be known. Does Intrepid agree with me?
  • What are your plans for the Military Metropolis Node's Superpower?
    Stag_Head_Signature6.png?width=814&height=363
  • With a game so rich in player interaction, how are you planning to handle dead/dying/overpopulated servers ~12 months after launch?
  • DornWarWickerDornWarWicker Member
    edited September 2022
    Will there be an in game cinematic recorder for content makers? Controlled angles? Dummy models perhaps?

Also will there be climbing mounts? I love the idea of arrows from the side of a mountain.

Love you all and your passion. It shows and thanks for your disciplines <3
  • In terms of small scale PVP. Such as ppl running around in a group of 2 - 4 just looking for pvp or even bump into another small group. What do u think about this and will it even work in a game that so far seems like it's ment for clans. (At least from what I have seen)
  • How will the family system work? i.e. will alts on the same account be able to be members of your family? Will it be more worthwhile having other players as family? Aside from the family summons are there any other benefits to having a family?
    The old world is dying, the new world struggles to be born, now is the time of monsters.
  • What is the reason for requiring the destruction of a caravan by the attackers, as opposed to the attackers gaining possession of the caravan?
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Will there be Auto Run? not Auto Pathing in Alpha 2. My fingers get worn out without Auto Run.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• JustVineJustVine Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be an animation and/or cool down for using consumables such as healing potions in Ashes?
    🔦🔱⚔️Selling pro pain and pro pain accessories. ⚔️🔱🔦
  • Will we need to PvE in order to be competitive in PvP? What options are you guy's giving for PvPers to get gear and will the PvE and PvP gear be balanced with each other, or will PvPers get "PvP gear" and PvEers get "PvE gear" ?
  • Hello Dev team!

I was wondering if more detail could be shared on the plans (or desires) for how class building will work, pertaining to skill specializations in the skill tree(s)?

I believe the wiki shows that skill points are earned upon leveling up, but are the trees going to be incremental improvements (+1% damage with bows, up to 5 points for +5% max) that feel somewhat boring, or will it be more substantial & monumentally weighted (+20% damage with bows, up to 5 points for +100% max) to promote class diversity & build diversity within each class?

I would like to see more variety, with higher weight/value per point, as that makes decisions both rewarding and challenging (as long as the variety promotes competition amongst point allocations to adhere to a player’s desired style/build), but I’d love to hear the current mindset the team has on this. 😊
  • How will you address the possibility/inevitability of players purposely having low level characters with max level professions to provide themselves a certain "shield" against being ganked via giving more corruption, negating the "risk vs reward" idea. This can also be applied to Mule running.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Static Nodes sound like a great way to settle your new virtual life in Ashes, however with caravans being so PvP focused as they are, would it at all be possible for a "traveller's life" to be accomodated fairly in the game for those who essentially want to "live on the road"?
    For example, this may be in regard to camping mechanics, or if caravans can be more than just a goods transportation method and more of a mobile home for you, a small group of friends, or perhaps an entire guild.

This question looks to expand the viewpoint on caravans to possibly evolve into "walking villages" at most, and "walking houses" at least.
    (I particularly get the image in my head of a band of adventurers travelling on the backs of giant tortoises the size of small houses as they enjoy the simple life, I might just be projecting my fantasies a little too much)