Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[WWYD] Ranger Shoot-out!

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
๐Ÿน An enemy Ranger stands between you and exploring the rest of the Verran deserts.

๐ŸŽฏ In classic fashion, you both prepare for a duel. #WWYD?
We will be revealing the results in roughly 4 hours
(Click on the Twitter link below to submit your answer!
community_management.gif

Comments

• If I just want to start exploring, my inventory is empty.
    So I will wait to see what his plan is and aim.
    No need to flag sooner than necessary ^^
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Cast some self buff and pull him towards me. He's going down.
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What you mean 'duel'?

I tell my Greataxe wielding Fighter to charge straight at them, or I don't, because she was gonna do that anyway.

Never travel alone in Verra, kids.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• GrandSerpentGrandSerpent Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What you mean 'duel'?

I tell my Greataxe wielding Fighter to charge straight at them, or I don't, because she was gonna do that anyway.

Never travel alone in Verra, kids.

I am the Greataxe-wielding fighting in this situation, so that's my answer.
  • Use Rush. No reason to let them get the first shot, if I can help it, since we've established it's an enemy.

Looking forward to the stream tomorrow and Alpha-2!
  • I think aimed shot makes 3x damage. Especially if you aim for his eye .)
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Stealth and backstab repeatedly while continuously stunning.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'd take a knee and quick shoot for the heart. I'd hope the foe wanted a headshot.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Of course I defend myself but the real question is why will he attack us? Or what do I gain by defending myself? Especially if my inventory is empty. The enemy will pass corrupted and will be free for kill afterwards, right?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2022
    Stun lock and PK him xD
  • xlangatangxxlangatangx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will regale this ranger in song and challenge them to a dance-off! En-guarde!
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hi all! The results are in! They can be found at the link below: ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

community_management.gif
  • Vaknar wrote: ยป
    Hi all! The results are in! They can be found at the link below: ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Seems almost like an indication of some action combat elements or skill hints. ๐Ÿค”
  • one shot kill? :astonished:
  • Train a bunch of mobs onto them and stealth/vanish in a classic MMO fashion.
  • Well, if you are having a duel that means he saw you coming and you already messed up. Also shoot first and don't play fair. I'm not here to lose.
  • kryzqlkryzql Member
    edited October 2022
    I'm all about mechanics and sadly the bow Isn't aim based like in New World for example, It's mostly about tab targetting, it lacks that skill based layer that could differantiate good bow players vs. the others.

The fact that shooting an arrow 2 meters away from your ennemy in the free aimed mode makes you hit your target is regretful. You could miss shots and still get rewarded for it ... what's the point of playing a shooting class then ?
    Run and jump around pressing semi autolocked on target left clicks and abilities like a hunter in WoW ? It doesn't seem challenging enough to me for a game that aims to change the way MMO's are played.

I also hope that animation canceling is gonna be a thing to have some sort of fake out possibility, maybe dodges will make it possible ? Otherwise the feeling of the game in PvP will be less complex and skillful.

Tab targeting should never be a thing for a shooting class, it's boring.
    from Paris with love
  • Hey all! If Im exploring and I get to a "duel" .... I just /laugh, maybe another emote and click "Cancel Duel" and continue my journey! But if I get "attacked", for sure I will Defend/Retaliate against them ... Awareness is key, even in MMOs.
    It is not who has the bigger stick, it is who can use it better!
    Also, no shame in losing a fight. Learn from it, improve and Carry On!

Be well folks!