Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, September 30, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

123457»

Comments

• This month's stream was awesome!

Yours truly personally liked the details that Steven and Margaret went over about the differences in the tab-target and action-fired abilities. It's really, REALLY great to see the difference and to get to know the swap-ability between the two; This was really great insight, after wondering about these systems for so long.

I typically prefer the ranged combat, in MMOs. Just too much chasing people around, as a melee, in most games - so just figured to throw in my 2 cents on how I liked the video, itself. Good work!

• For raid bosses, are the AI behaviour trees and loot tables locked when you reach the boss? E.G. my raid has done really well and the final boss is on its hardest AI with the best loot table. Can my raid wipe repeatedly and retain the best loot table?
  • Appreciate the time taken to respond to my question, however, the last time I asked that exact question I was directed to ask again for another livestream Q&A. So I did and I was directed to Ashes Wiki...which is fine but I already know all about the wiki and nothing there remotely begins to answer my question. If the information that would answer my question isn't ready to be shared yet that's perfectly fine and I understand that and I'll stop asking. However if it is a question where Steven or whomever would care to elaborate a bit more great...either way the wiki isn't going to help because what I'm looking for hasn't really been talked about yet.
  • Will you implement anything from the sword art online mechanics? like walking over a stone that traps you in a room with enemies?
  • Dolyem wrote: »
    How will you address the possibility/inevitability of players purposely having low level characters with max level professions to provide themselves a certain "shield" against being ganked via giving more corruption, negating the "risk vs reward" idea. This can also be applied to Mule running.

@Dolyem

I don't want to post in the meme thread about this.
    But I find it weird that on the redit, your post is with -1

I think you should leave out the mule part as that is just one way to abuse.
    Then your question would be a little bit "easier" for the moderator.

Actually I would reformulate your question as:
    Can a character gain only artisan levels to achieve mastery and be protected by the corruption system?

If I would have to answer myself, I would say the character is vulnerable against other low level characters. And creating low level twinks can be fun. I've seen no reason so far but if some want to have low level master artisans, others might create low level artisan killers :)

In any case, a new account bumped this thread and I see that devs feel uncertain about the corruption system
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/337362/#Comment_337362

This explains also why they search ways to protect artisan gatherers against PvP-ers with the gathering-and-pvp pinned thread, as the corruption protection should not protect against one kill if balanced properly.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Strevi wrote: »
    Dolyem wrote: »
    How will you address the possibility/inevitability of players purposely having low level characters with max level professions to provide themselves a certain "shield" against being ganked via giving more corruption, negating the "risk vs reward" idea. This can also be applied to Mule running.

@Dolyem

Can a character gain only artisan levels to achieve mastery and be protected by the corruption system?

If I would have to answer myself, I would say the character is vulnerable against other low level characters. And creating low level twinks can be fun. I've seen no reason so far but if some want to have low level master artisans, others might create low level artisan killers :)

In any case, a new account bumped this thread and I see that devs feel uncertain about the corruption system

This explains also why they search ways to protect artisan gatherers against PvP-ers with the gathering-and-pvp pinned thread, as the corruption protection should not protect against one kill if balanced properly.

I do love twinks and fully plan to make some if they plan on making low level high artisan a thing. But the downside is as a twink, youll still gain corruption and die easily to high level players. I honestly just want to know if they plan to allow it, or have a plan to make it so it isnt part of the design. People more or less seem to just be afraid of the answer, its been going up and down in votes.
    GJjUGHx.gif
    Strevi wrote: »

@Dolyem

I do love twinks and fully plan to make some if they plan on making low level high artisan a thing. But the downside is as a twink, youll still gain corruption and die easily to high level players. I honestly just want to know if they plan to allow it, or have a plan to make it so it isnt part of the design. People more or less seem to just be afraid of the answer, its been going up and down in votes.

@Dolyem
    Both the twink and the low level high artisan have the same protection. If it works for one, works for the other too...
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!

@Dolyem

@Dolyem
    Both the twink and the low level high artisan have the same protection. If it works for one, works for the other too...

They don't though. Because a low level corrupted twink can't defend itself from max level players while a max level corrupted player potentially can defend themselves
    GJjUGHx.gif

@Dolyem

@Dolyem

They don't though. Because a low level corrupted twink can't defend itself from max level players while a max level corrupted player potentially can defend themselves

@Dolyem
    I was thinking that if the little artisan master brings a high level friend, the little pvp twink can bring one too, which would fight against the high level "guardian".
    The fight can happen at multiple levels.
    But yes, it is uncomfortable as the attacker side might corrupt all participants, to eliminate each level of protectors, if they defend passively.
    Depending on balancing, it may end up worth killing the low level master artisan with an expendable middle level character.

@Dolyem

@Dolyem

@Dolyem
    I was thinking that if the little artisan master brings a high level friend, the little pvp twink can bring one too, which would fight against the high level "guardian".
    But yes, it is uncomfortable as the attacker side might corrupt all participants, to eliminate each level of protectors, if they defend passively.
    Depending on balancing, it may end up worth killing the low level master artisan with an expendable middle level character.

I mean either way, to me it sounds like an exploit that should be avoided. But as another solution, you could kill your own twink after killing the low level player/max level artisan, removing the corruption and keeping the materials.
    Just sounds like a series of things that the design should prevent altogether.
    GJjUGHx.gif

@Dolyem

@Dolyem

@Dolyem

I mean either way, to me it sounds like an exploit that should be avoided. But as another solution, you could kill your own twink after killing the low level player/max level artisan, removing the corruption and keeping the materials.
    Just sounds like a series of things that the design should prevent altogether.

@Dolyem True. I also up-voted your question. I am curious what Steven says.
  • mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How are ships powered, Wind? Rowing ?
    Is wind simulated or just generally always blowing in the right direction?
  • September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • SzoloSzolo Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2022
    I accidentally posted the question in this closed topic, but can't delete my comment completely.
    You ride that fine line of like everyone is about to die and you shall keep on casting, keep going, it's awesome. That's the best part of healing.
  • EyrateEyrate Member
    edited October 2022
    In trade skills... oops old thread sorry