Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, October 28, 2022 at 11AM Pacific

Comments

• Will the end goal of Ashes be to create enemy AI that is on par with souls-like mobs? (I.e. souls enemies & bosses combat AI)
  • vahrovahro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If past statements from you are interpreted correctly, there will also be quest series (for classes, for example). Are you planning in-game cinematics or other types of storytelling for these series? Or will you only learn about important events through conversations with an NPC in text form?
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When exiting a freehold plot does the "pvp free" zone end at the freehold fence line or will players have a small invulnerability timer to begin their journey?
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Hutchy1989Hutchy1989 Member
    edited October 2022
    If I am Hardlocked onto a player and use a basic attack from a bow, can another player try to stand in between me and my target to block the projectile?
  • totally not wanting to make an assassins organization, my question is what impact does assassination have on a war/battlefield/node or any other part game
    ,thanks for the read
  • you've been talking about legendary augments or skills for a long time, what do you think about it now?
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    can you talk a little bit about ultimates and how would they function?
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • What is the expected stat difference between a level 10 piece of gear and a level 50.
  • Will you introduce official account restrictions, like Ironman, prohibiting a character from trading with other players?
  • OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    in mmo's cheating is a real problem and destroys the experience of other players, what are you planning to prevent this and stop people from using cheat engine?
    𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • zklzkl Member
    What are the progress on the art for the insectoid race and the frognars ?
  • Why would players take the risk of using caravans rather than their mules, to transport goods between nodes?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Will mobs drop gear? How will we get gear other then crafting?
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited October 2022
    Dolyem wrote: »
    ....How will you address the possibility/inevitability of players purposely having low level characters with max level professions to provide themselves a certain "shield" against being ganked via giving more corruption, imbalancing the "risk vs reward" idea. This can also be applied to Mule running.

@Dolyem Currently, the wiki doesn't indicate any "buffer" or extra-protection of lower-level toons vs. higher-level ones, BUT there is this tid-bit that addresses the topic you're asking about:

"....if you kill another player, who is a non-combatant and the level disparity between you and that player is great, you will gain a higher amount of corruption from that single kill. To the point where you should not be killing a level one character.[150] – Steven Sharif"

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP

While it would appear that there's no level-mitigation pre-Corruption, there's PLENTY of penalty, for killing low-level players.

• How will summoners fit into the rock paper scissors dynamic in PvP fights? Will they be flexible similar to how they are in group PvE roles, or will they fit more clearly into a single type, like a mage?
  • What is your message to players who are too afraid of the open world pvp system or perhaps simply misunderstanding the flagging system and it’s current balance?
  • ddedde Member
    Borei wrote: »
    you've been talking about legendary augments or skills for a long time, what do you think about it nogow?
    good
  • How heavily is Node-Node conflict meant to be integrated in to the average players experience? Is Siege conflict essentially reserved to committed guilds like New-World or can a casual player access those sections of content without friction?
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Could you explain how the PK count affects the chance to drop an equiped item upon death, as a corrupted player?
  • My Question is-
    Will crafted food/drinks work the same as crafted potions in terms of HP regeneration and other Buffs?
    If so, what is the perks of choosing one over the other?
  • Hrothmir_RuneforgeHrothmir_Runeforge Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bergund wrote: »
    Will we get to see all four node types at the beginning of Alpha 2? Any update on the development of the other node types we haven't seen yet?

Second this motion, A more indepth look into the types of nodes would be incredible!
    Thane Hrothmir Runeforge, Son of Orik, Son of Hrothgar, Current Runeforger and Thane of Clan Runeforge
    z6n6wteiyu0z.png
    Dünhold Discord
    Dünhold Website
  • How much of an influence will node reputation have with other players, PvP, and the node itself?
  • Can you explain if Mount Cosmetic Skins will impact Animal Husbandry?

Will you need to obtain the mount of a specific bread before applying a Cosmetic Skin?
  • For people that enjoy smaller scale pvp like roaming with friends, will there be anything to balance a group of 5 players facing an entire zerg of players?
  • What are the standard ways of acquiring gear in Ashes? And how stats of the gear are tied to the gear type (Can i get a robe with +30 strength +20 agility for example)?
  • Not sure if this has been asked before, but how Customisable will the inner creation of guilds be? Are we able to create ranks and rename them with awarding ranks with certain privileges? Effecting guild banking and roles within communities

My question is more for RP communities to add to emersion and the unique stories they bring.
    mgw46izdoo6o.png
  • so my question is what is the solobility of it, or is you cant solo the game in any aspect what would be the recommended group size to play with to be a semi threat to anyone else
  • Will there be Zerg busting Skills? IE: Burst AOE skills?
  • Hey im excited to play alpha 2 and I was wondering how deep are you guys going on customization of characters? I always wanted to see something like sheathing and taking out your weapon have different options in style, some fancy twirls and things of that nature. Like cowboys in old westerns lol. I think having micro customization in areas like would help me immerse. Even cool if certain bosses unlock different types of sheaths. thank you for all your work tho, you guys are our great hope lmfao.
  • Will any classes have abilities like illusions, glamours, or disguises for changing their appearance?